If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Curse match 3 2014 - A smashing time at Longford

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

About this time last year I asked the members for suggestions for a pool match in April – somewhere we could still expect a few bites if the water pigs decided they didn’t want to play ball...... Image

Low and behold, Crafty Tafty must have a dip into this part of the forum on occasions, cuss he sent me a pm suggesting a fishery that I wasn’t aware of up in his ‘neck of the woods’ – Longford. Whilst he did accede that the winner would have water pigs, there were plenty of silvers in there to keep everyone ‘occupied’. Image

Sounded good to me...........so I booked it. Image

Come the day of the match – the alarm clock went off and I couldn’t believe I’d let Heinzer talk me into an ‘early’ departure Image ............especially as I’d imbibed a fair few pints of Banks the day/evening before giving me dad a good send off as it was his funeral 24 hours earlier.

I was armed with a ‘load of info’ from Crafty who’d even gone to some extreme lengths to ensure I’d got pucka, up to date info on Lily Pool – ta Crafty Image

Come the draw – after a mega bacon butty at the onsite cafe that warrants a mention Image – I found myself on our peg 13(perm 14) – was that an omen of things to come? Image Image For company I’d got Cockadoodledoo almost opposite me and Tricast62 to my right – at least if things were a bit quiet over the next 5 hours I could have a bit of good banter. Image

Without realising it, I must have inadvertently been ‘up for it’ :D – despite the total lack of preparation on my part. Cotti as usual had furnished me on the bank with my normal cormorant flavoured gentiles as for some bizarre reason I set up 5 rigs............ :o

The off and I set about feeding 7 lines Image and then set about letting them ‘settle’ whilst I had a look on a 3mtr to hand silvers rig.

First put in and it buried Image

Dry un off – a roach was swung in – only problem was it was in the 80 to the lb stamp. Ah well – lets see if I can put 4lb of bits together I thought to myself. ;)

TBH I couldn’t see a lot from my peg so just decided to get me head down....... Image Image Image

But like a plonker an hour or so in on fish 47 I wasted 30 or was it 40 minutes – dunno Image – playing (or being played by) :D a double figure water pig. After a couple of fags I was getting a bit impatient and started ‘bullying it a bit’ on that silvers rig. Image

I doubted it would fit in my landing net when I saw it as it was tiring a bit, but shoving another section on cuss of the amount of lackie I’d got pulled out my no2 went ping. Image

Grabbing the lackie and trying to ‘hand line’ it, I did what I should have done in the first minute of the ‘battle’ ::) – parted company on the hook.

Fortunately I’d kept feeding that silvers line, and with a new hook attached, was pleased to find ‘me little babies’ were still there. Image And so it came to pass – 4 of those 5 rigs never saw the water Image and 6 of those lines were never tried Image Image ........just ‘did me own thing’ – whilst keeping an eye on Cockadoodledoo and Tricast62 who seemed to be putting me to the sword with some ‘stampers’ Image

The whistle went and time to pack up and wait for the scales...............those that had weighed in wondered back past with reports of some decent weights – well in excess of the 10lb I was hoping I might scrape together. :-/ Ah well, down the pan again, but it had been a decent day.

And the tale of the scales..........

PEG
1 CARLOS 19.14.0
2 BLUES4EVA 12.6.0
3 RICH C 20.2.0
4 GEOF C 8.10.0
5 BRAMBLES 3.0.0
6 PHIL B 1.12.0
7 OBI 11.8.0 Golden Peg
8 HARRY THE HITMAN DNW
9 TOMMY COOPER DNW
10 BIG BAZ 23.4.0
11 HAHA 20.6.0
12 COCKADOODLEDOO 8.15.0
13 TK 23.12.0
14 TRICAST62 12.6.0
15 YAMO 34.0.0
16 COTTI 8.4.0
17 MR V 18.6.0
18 MIKE E 9.0.0
19 KOD 27.12.0
20 BIG COL 18.2.0
21 THE MILKY BAR KID 3.0.0
22 HEINZER 13.0.0
23 ROBERTO 7.12.0
24 ZORRO 21.10.0
25 DAZ W 17.6.0

The verdict?

We’ll be back. Well I would say that wouldn’t I? :D

Seriously though – I never heard a ‘complaint’ from our members. Longford is a tidy fishery with the minimum of rules – one where we were left ‘alone’ and trusted to abide to those few rules Image Image

And as for the onsite Cafe !!!! You won’t beat the bacon baps there – there was half a pig on mine !!! Image

A big thumbs up from me – ta again Crafty Tafty for tipping me the wink about it Image Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Great report TK. I would certainly echo your thoughts on the fishery in general, and implore everyone to try the bacon butties....they were awesome Image Image
carlos
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Match Team/ Club: cashmores ac

Unread post by carlos »

Nice 1 t.k Image and I would gladly go back there Image
MICK E
Personal Text: Mike the Pike

Unread post by MICK E »

Very nice place to fish,Top nosh,I thought I would catch more, but Kod caught all the fish heading for my bait Image Image Image Image Image Image
Brambles

Unread post by Brambles »

Good report T K I enjoyed the day. Believe I could have caught more if I hadn't persisted with carp rigs catcthing 3lb of silvers.  Image Image

The fact I couldn't see my float when the sun went in didn't help either.  :'(

All in all a good day look forward to fishing it again.

Congrats to YAMO well done mate!
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by TRICAST62 »

crackin little venue carnt wait t get back there .brill read as per boss Image
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: At least I turn up & try !!

Unread post by Obi »

nice read TK,,bit tougher over our side of pool..had to work hard for the few bites i had...sods law caught on every bait going in the week...couldnt buy a bite on anything except on Micks bait..very few silver fish to be had either...but would certainley like another visit Image,
one big bonus was there was a big bush on the island so i couldnt actually see KOD...(said it was a big bush) who was on opposite side of the island..saw more of his knicker elastic he uses when them tiddlers gave him the run around Image
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by kod »

bit tougher over our side of pool..
MOAN, MOAN, MOAN, Image Image Image
one big bonus was there was a big bush on the island so i couldnt actually see KOD...(said it was a big bush) who was on opposite side of the island

Just goes to prove the  Image of KOD goes through, round and over bushes Image Image Image Image Image

even big bushes :D :D :D