If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Anyone using

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
daveyboy

Anyone using

Unread post by daveyboy »

Does anyone use liquidised hemp with their liquidised / groundbait whilst punch fishing,I tried it yesterday although the canal did not fish very well ,I had a few larger roach than other anglers, whether the liquidised hemp had anything to do with it or not , I'm not sure, if anyone else uses it what are your thoughts on feeding it with either bread or groundbait?
Thanks for any replies
darkhorse

Anyone using

Unread post by darkhorse »

interesting
Rigga
Personal Text: Love match fishin
Match Team/ Club: Shakespeare Superteam

Anyone using

Unread post by Rigga »

i have used it on the wye to add to a groundbait and soil mix A
as do a lot of other anglers. Great for roach but I wound'nt use it if there were skimmers about.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Anyone using

Unread post by joffmiester »

Hi Dave yes the canal did fish hard only 13lb won the match i will do a little write up later.
Yes is the answer to your question Dave Clayton put the idea in our heads some years ago and like Rigga said we always add it to our G/B FOR ROACH
we do it a little different we buy the crushed hemp and then add boiling water to it and leave it Imageworks a treet you can add it straight from the pot Image Image
daveyboy

Anyone using

Hi Joff, I have been cooking my hemp, putting half a pint in the blender ,adding some water the hemp was cooked in, I've been getting a lovely milky colour as the liquidised hemp falls through the depths,
Do you get that milky colour using crushed hemp?
sharki

Anyone using

Unread post by sharki »

i use it with liccy bread what I do is when ive done my bread I don't clean blender out just scrape the bread off the sides n lid of it and then add a handful of liccy to it I then add my hemp n just blend it up it seems to make it hold together better so that you can use a groundbait punch it makes a solid enough pellet so its easy to throw by hand but soon as it hits the water it just explodes on impact leaves a lovely cloud tends to bring in better stamp fish ;)
daveyboy

Anyone using

i use it with liccy bread what I do is when ive done my bread I don't clean blender out just scrape the bread off the sides n lid of it and then add a handful of liccy to it I then add my hemp n just blend it up it seems to make it hold together better so that you can use a groundbait punch it makes a solid enough pellet so its easy to throw by hand but soon as it hits the water it just explodes on impact leaves a lovely cloud tends to bring in better stamp fish ;)
Good idea Sharki, I will give your method a try
sharki

Anyone using

Unread post by sharki »

you may need to atomize it to get the right consistency you want it just to for a pellet to form enough to throw it but to break up on impact of the water
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Anyone using

Unread post by joffmiester »

Hi Joff, I have been cooking my hemp, putting half a pint in the blender ,adding some water the hemp was cooked in, I've been getting a lovely milky colour as the liquidised hemp falls through the depths,
Do you get that milky colour using crushed hemp?

Yes you will get the milky colour just the same as you are more or less cooking it with the boiling water Image
saves a lot of mess with the missis Image Image Image
Rigga
Personal Text: Love match fishin
Match Team/ Club: Shakespeare Superteam

Anyone using

Unread post by Rigga »

Yea guys we use the boiling water method also, it come out milky and makes it a little less active. i used a ground bait mix with normal crushed hemp in a match this summer, The peg was in a deep lake full of roach. I had a Nightmare the fish ended up 7 ft deep in 9 ft of water as the bits of hemp popped up of the bottom. It was a good mix for a 4ft deep peg but not a 9ft deep peg. I wont make the same mistake again.