If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

knock up Saturday 25th jan Results

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

Blues
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores

Unread post by Blues »

After a mid week sorty by me and Big Col T for a very enjoyable pleasure session, we couldn't resist the  urge to see if the canal would be as productive under match conditions. Or would it circum to the dreaded curse,just like Big Cols Hum Bug Christmas bash. Image

Based on the short notice 14 hardy gruellerites got their name down all with the expectations of catching few based on our mid week report back :D :D

As I arrived  i was met by Big Col T and (Mr Ill have a short walk please )Phil B who were already suited and booted ready for the off. Image

15 pegs were were strategically  placed along the tow path doing our very best to miss the dog s**t Image just in case josh managed to re-elasticate is. pole in time Image Image

One late drop out left 13 of us to do battle, this then allowed pegs 14 and 15 in the narrows to be left out.

10.00 to 2.30 was our allocated slot (4.5hrs)  I had to make an executive decision. Image

Let the draw commence,  Phil B got the shortest of short walks when he snared end peg 1 from the 5 short walks on offer, up stepped Mr (Endpeg )V donny in the bag out popped 15 another end peg surprise surprise,  sorry mate have another go, that's not in now  Image Image.

With all the flyers gone I was left with the last one in the hat peg 2  well at least I'd got Yamo and Phil for company.  

To be continued after ive taken the dog for walk.

[reason]Changed thread name[/reason]
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by TRICAST62 »

and....crikey blues the takin lessons of boss on how to drag it out lad Image Image Image Image
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

or when the result sheets dry out Image
If them sheets don't dry out I'll let the cat out of the bag........

I did 15lb 1oz summat  ;)
were that 1oz ?dr of silvers n 15lb pike then boss  Image Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

to be continued after ive taken the dog for walk

Bet that dogs cream crackered by now.......
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: At least I turn up & try !!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG

Unread post by Obi »

or he has took early retirement and dont have the time anymore Image
Blues
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores

Unread post by Blues »

Ok Dog walked Image

Heinzer our regular whistle blower continued with his duties and blew for the all in

3 lines fed not a bit of the white stuff to be seen (mistake no 1)
10 minutes on the  inside not an indication  Tk  had all ready snared a few and Yamo wasn't far behind  " oh dear this don't look good " or word to that effect was sent in Yamo's direction. Image

Regular  updates from Yamo informed me that all pegs to our left where having one a chuck.

After change of line saw a slight dip of my float and a little stripy followed by a few small roach were finally put into jail.    Image

Big Col was bagging and rumor had it he had strangled a judy dench to go with some stamp roach. Image Image

By now Yamo had been through plan ABCDEF and was contemplating G when  a change to castor put a smile on hes face well a least until the hail washed it off again. Image Image

Big col T's fan club gathered behind his peg or was it just  the local ramblers club who stopped for short break. Image Image

A brief look to my right saw Phil B with 10ft of elastic out was this another judy dench ?? no it was a one of the local crocodile who taken a liking to his little roach.

Then all of a sudden it decided that he didn't want it anymore and released it only for it being bungee'd out of the water straight over phil's head just missing a women who was on the path behind. Image Image

2.15pm a load bang and thunder and lightening echoed over head that's enough for me and for big Baz who had already packed up............. obviously he didn't want to fish 5hrs after all. Image Image

Well the lightening ,thunder and the worst hail storm ive ever fished in soon followed before Heinzer called the all out.

So here are the tails of the scales.

1 Phil B                 1.0.3
2 Blues4ever         2.0.0 section winner ( The default Kid )
3 Yamo                 DNW he did catch a few
4 Big Col T            0.12.08
5 Big Col               14.5.0 1st
6 Tk                      5.1.5 3rd
7 Cotti                  5.0.3 section winner
8 Trev                   0.12.4 new match record ( only joking Trev)
9 Den Zorro           6.12.10 2nd
10 Big Baz             DNW( and went home early)
11 Mr end peg V     1.12.14
12 Heinzer               2.11.12
13 KOD                  1.7.4

Well there you have it , overall  the venue fished really well wiith some decent weights

Well done to Big Col a fantastic bag of fish but my performance of the day goes to Den with a fine net of punched caught roach fair play and  Image

Might be worth poaching this section again  Image Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

big Baz who had already packed up............. obviously he didn't want to fish 5hrs after all

After telling me anyone past Zorro was on for a grueller, he proceeded to launch his ice breaker all over his peg for 10 minutes  Image. I had to do a double take to see if my eyesight was so bad I had missed the ice, but no, there wasn't any  Image Image. He explained, because the cut was clear it needed the bottom stirring up, as he had won 3 matches on the trot doing it when he used to fish it 15 years ago   Image Image Image

As for the storm, the last 10 minutes of the match were the worst conditions I can ever remember fishing in  Image Image

Well done Big Col and the other framers Image Image

Would love the chance to try the stretch again though  Image Image
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by Obi »

well done lads  Image to ya doing the biz in that storm,

cracking weight,well done big col  Image
I did 15lb 1oz summat 

??????   ya need some new glasses geezer  Image Image

wouldnt say no to a dabble down there...been about 12 years since i last fished it Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

?????? ya need some new glasses geezer

A slight typo - only 1 out :P Image
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

Like Tk on his gruellers a thanks to blues for organising this match. Super section full of roach with some bonus fish thrown in too.

Personally had a stinker of match on a flat bend but managed 8 quality roach in last 30mins Image

Looking forward to going back here ASAP to have another crack.
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

well done lads an good read blues lad Image
MICK E
Personal Text: Mike the Pike

Unread post by MICK E »

Nice one Big Col, Well done mate Image,Some good weights all around.,Just sorry I could not be there :(
Nice one Blues,Good write up Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

well done lads an good read blues lad  Image

Echo that - enjoyed that read Blues4eva Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Surprised nobody stopped on for a few hours  Image Image Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

[movedhere] Cashmores Upcoming Matches [move by] Simple.
Phil B
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Phil B »

Having spent 6+ hours today drying and cleaning my clothing and gear, my best estimate is, subject to a heat wave I may be prepared for our next soaking 1/2/14.
When I shall follow the current Mrs Broadstocks advice that I stand a better chance of catching more, if I sit facing the water. Sagacious woman Mrs Broadstock
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Some Great weights there, well done everyone.
No Pictures  :(  Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Well the pressure was off for this one as Blues4eva coordinated things on the morning. No fretting about where to peg, what if it fished crap.........but I knew his back was broad and strong as the inevitable moan about summat or other would come his way at some stage Image

I quite fancied it on the QT Image – not having fished the venue for probably getting on for 30 years..........the question was would I have a rig deep enough if my memory served me right..........summat in the box would have to do though as although I fancied it, I still couldn’t be CBA to tie a rig or two up, or fetch me bait as I relied on Mr Warburton to get me a bit...........just wished he wouldn’t smother it in that essence of cormorant that he has a habit of doing. Image

With all the pre match planning put into practice, it was time for the draw and I dipped in half way through proceedings and no 6 stuck to my hand leaving Blues4eva with what was left in the bag

No 6 meant nowt to me – hopefully it wasn’t a mega walk........ :-/

On plumbing up on peg 6 – on the wides – I just managed to ‘get away’ with a couple of rigs with the cut being 5ft odd deep..........in fact from 4 to 10 mtrs there was only about 2 ins difference all the way across..........so the same rig would do aok for short and long punch lines........plus a throw away caster line (cuss I just cor catch on em at the mo). A second choppy rig was set up to snare a beastie or two Image

With half hour to go I thought I’d better take a pickie or two to satisfy Joffie when he has his coffee and bickies in the morning

My peg – with a nice bit of ripple. Just wished it had stayed like this for the 4.5 hours we were scheduled to fish

The view left – about to do battle with the Warburton King

The culvert to my immediate right – sounded like I was on the Severn – certainly drowned out any possible sound of the M6 toll road............and Big Col T the other side of it come to think of it Image

The off and all 4 lines fed.............by which time Cotti was already catching on his ‘long’ punch line. :o A look on my short punch line and the float went straight away Image – doubled no2 lackie came out and the dreaded dry un was off. Image Aok only at 20 to 25 to the lb stamp – but fish anyway. Only one slight concern Cotti fish were of a better stamp........not to worry – I’d plunder the longer line later ::)

With fish no 30 in the net I was still behind Cotti who’d lost count earlier when he was on no 20........or was that 21............might have been 22 :D

So a quick look on the chop to see whether any beastie was sitting on it or had already devoured it and moved off. Virtually straight away the float dipped into the depths.......lift and its on........a better stamp this fish no 31 was Image...........as it turned out it wasn’t a kinver as expected, but a rutilus of about 4oz.

Back on the chop...........and nowt happened :'( ..........so a look on the long punch line. The odd fish, but not as big as Cotti’s so 6 mtrs of pole came off again as I decided to target the short line again

The wind was picking up, gusting this way and that, worsening as the morning got on. I’d moved onto fish 54 when Cotti had a netter on his caster. Image Then another. Image Image

When I got to punch fish no 60, being a lb or 2 behind Cotti I thought I’d have a quick look on the caster – just really to say I’d tried it. :D

Nobody was more surprised than me when after a minute the float vanished fish on. Image Aok only about 2oz...........but a fish on the caster, the first for months. Image

And so it was – fish no 61 to 83 came on the caster..........from 2 lines as I started another on that long punch line

Time was marching on – only 15 mins to go..........a gale was blowing, the pole was being blown from one side to another, I was having difficulties seeing the float in the waves and it was turning into night as threatening clouds moved in. Image

A quick last look at inside punchline produced fish 84, 85 and 86 before the second flash of lightening that was a bit too close for my likening Image :o Image............sod this as I shipped back and broke the pole down.

And then the heavens opened – hail stones battered us - coming in at an angle of 30*. I just huddled up on the box – it would have been futile trying to get a brolly out as carnage reigned all around – the sound of sections bostin as fellow anglers trampled over their gear in the chaos Image

As quick as it came it had gone – leaving us all like drowned rats. It was a struggle to get the gear away – my hands were frozen. Sadly at that stage I wasn’t in the mood to take any ‘catch’ shots which was a bit of an injustice to the likes of Big Col........

But all in all I'd give it another go Image
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by Obi »

did think of you lads on sat...was driving thro norton canes when it hit...car was being blown all over the place,nearly had to stop hail/rain was that bad .....

getting a bit to good on this short punch line now TK :D
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

getting a bit to good on this short punch line now TK

Had a good tutor 8-)