If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Grueller match 4 2014 - Off to Doggers............

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Despite some ‘concerns’ about the ‘limited’ parking at Wyrley Grove Bridge, the inclement weather in the run up to this one ‘forced’ the move as there would be lots of incoming rainwater into the ‘normal’ top section we usually fish.

The hardy gruellerites were greeted by a fairly coloured canal – not the horrible slatey grey colour that runs in by Pelsall New Road Bridge - but quite a coffee colour as you looked over the bridge wall. Image

Pegs 1 to 8 went into the section south of the bridge, with 9 to 17 above it, heading up to the ‘police pool’

To be brutally honest I wanted to draw pegs 1 to 3 Image where the colour started to drop out a little as I thought it might be a tad too coloured elsewhere for the white stuff to really work........ :-/

Draw time – and as everyone had a dip, two pegs were left in the bag for me and Heinzer...........peg 3 and 12. Yippee a 50/50 chance of getting what I wanted. Image Image Heinzer dipped into the bag................and I found myself having to trot off in the other direction to 12 Image :'(

And having set up, here’s peg 12 for the day........well the next 4 hours

For company to my left I’d got C B A........

With Zorro to my right

The whistle went and lines were fed – the usual punch, choppie and some superblack and squatt up the shelf. I’d have a look on the punch, but didn’t really expect it to ‘work’ :-/

However a minute in and ‘yelp of joy’ :o or was it total surprise came from my left as CBA aka OBI snared a roach first look in on the punch. :o That heartened me somewhat and low and behold in the next minute I’d done better than my last dry un on the Staffs Worcs..............aok I was still dry, but I’d had a bite which I missed :D

Next put in was better as the dreaded DNW was avoided. Image Meanwhile down the bank to my right The Milky Bar Kid had snared a bit of a beastie first or second put in on the punch. Image He managed to get it into the track but when there it decided to wake up and he soon parted company with the unseen beastie. Image

I was having a few but they were last years fry as OBI was putting me to the sword. Never mind I’d got that ‘banker’ groundbait line to have a look on later, I’d just let them snotties get their heads down a little longer before emptying it........... Image

But 40 minutes in and before I’d gone over it, that line erupted............now I thought I was on the Extension cut, not out in the Atlantic - it was as though a wolfpack ploughed through the swim – fish scattering in all directions as 4 or 5 bow waves formed. Image :o Image

As the four hours progressed this happened on a few occasions as I struggled to get the fish to settle – as well as strikes right on my other longer lines, fish also scattered on my feet as I’d trickled a bit of squatt in short. Image

However I wasn’t the only one having a bit of essox lucius trouble. Zorro and OBI also had ‘em show either side of me and down on those low numbers, I heard Big Col T was having some fun and games too, in fact he managed to snare one about the 3lb mark.

Mind, if Big Col T thought it was bad down his end, as the water erupted in peg 12 for the 6th time I managed to snap this..........

Honestly :P Image

Going into that last hour I felt like a piece of cod, battered both sides as OBI and Zorro both wheedled a few out and I could see MrV, The Milky Bar Kid, Mike E and Yamo all having a few.

Noone from the other side of the bridge had been walkies either – a usual sign that they must be having a few. No alternative then, time to play catch up and drag a piece of worm round ........see if I could snare the beastie that I’d bumped half way through the match whilst having a ‘chat’ to Carl who’d popped down to see how we were getting on.

But sadly it wasn’t to be and Heinzer signalled the end of the four hours.

Big Col and Jason C did the bizz on the scales and this is how it had panned out...........

PEG
1 COTTI 0.3.14
2 BIG COL T 0.5.8
3 HEINZER 0.4.5
4 JASON C 1.5.3 2nd
5 TREVOR B DNW
6 BIG COL 1.0.8 Section winner
7 TONY C DNW
8 PHIL B 0.1.3
9 MIKE E 0.9.8
10 YAMO 1.4.6 3rd
11 OBI 1.2.14 Section winner
12 TK 0.11.5
13 ZORRO 0.8.6
14 MR V 1.8.0 1st
15 KOD 0.9.15
16 JOSH 0.15.2 Section winner
17 TRICAST62 0.14.0

So well done again MrV – that’s two on the bounce and this time despite being next to the Kiss of Death Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

TK is that your over night bag behind your peg  Image Image Image
love your write ups funny as  Image Image Image
looks roachy kiddo good old billy would have a few there Image
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Match Team/ Club: Stainy angling centre
Sponsor: Open to offers!!!

Unread post by big_cup »

What do the numbers relate to in weight between . . . ?

Only ever been weighed in with those scales many moons ago on a national practise on leeds Liverpool canal and they weighed me at 4.15.12 or something of that nature, didn't have a crappity smack clue what was going on. The only other thing I remember about that day is hardly a thing fed all day in our section and I had a good skimmer a pound and half, 4 eels and 2lb a roach that I estimated at a safe 6lb and thought I'd yellow stream the section. "where you caught that lot from?" said the scalesmen. Only to be beat by a local 3 pegs down who from a distance seemed to put crappity smack all in the weigh net Image Image Image Image Image

Moral of the story is!!! Do your homework on how the scales produce your weight and follow the crappity smack scales down the bank Image Image Image Always walked my section ( when I was team fishing ) every session since that very day Image Image
Just cant get a draw :facepalm :facepalm
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

looks roachy kiddo good old billy would have a few there

I was on an aquarium peg Joffie, but they were scattering everywhere at times........ Image Image Image
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: At least I turn up & try !!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG

Unread post by Obi »

nice one TK,and well done Paul...the mans on fire Image

Apologies for having a little titter but every time you fed you were cursing n swearing like a good un,your peg must of been solid....with pike.. Image Image Image

never seen that part of the cut coloured so much,strange thing was most of the lads said after they had most of their fish from the track or bottom of shelf or half way up it,i couldnt buy a bite down the track,caught all mine tight to far reeds in about 18 inches of water,i also noticed that all my bites came within about 30 seconds of dropping in if not didnt get one,took all my fish (20 odd) on punch except one perch on pinkie,

Did learn 1 lesson....never give the bloke on the next peg some of your valuable liccy coz he will ounce ya AGAIN.. Image Image Image Image Image

Next time i give him some it will have a new additive in it....dog walkers left overs  Image

Would certainly like to give it another go sometime  Image
Josh1337
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by Josh1337 »

Would certainly like to give it another go sometime 

Definatly Obi! :D

Great read up TK Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

Used to fish the opens and WLs there yonks agp. Plenty of small roach there those days.
The stretch the other side of the bridge going up to the cable was OK too, a few more caster fish there if you could find them. We never had any problems parking tight into the bushes and there was 100 or so there then. Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

We never had any problems parking tight into the bushes

They all come in posh cars that they dow wanna scratch now Bill instead of on their bikes ;) :D
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by TRICAST62 »

top marks again boss Image an well done bruv Image an no end peg Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Great pics and report as usual TK Image Image
carlos
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Match Team/ Club: cashmores ac

Unread post by carlos »

Nice one t.k and lmao at the crocagator Image
TrevorBeckett
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: when that float dips - take off a number 8
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores Match Group & Spread Eagle A A

Unread post by TrevorBeckett »

Good report & pictures TK , I found it to be a bit of a swine but it has helped me develop my new years resolution - In 2014 I shall start using HOOKS ( lassooing tiny roach just does not work )
Trevor B
Enthusiastic but not always efficient
Phil B
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Phil B »

Now they tell me after 61 years
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Great report as per usual TK Image Image I do like drawing nest to KOD....the entertainment is worth the £5 entry fee sometimes Image Image He even dresses like me now Image Image
darkhorse

Unread post by darkhorse »

missing these matches
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by kod »

He even dresses like me now
Twins? ............. or the ugly sisters 

Image Image Image Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by MrV »

Twins? ............. or the ugly sisters 

Defo the latter Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Hey MrV & KOD........

Only noticed today when I accidentally zoomed in on me tablet......

What you doing in that photo above - looks like you are up to fisticuffs Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by MrV »

Fished the extension for 3 hours today with left over bait. Fished just to right of entry gate, on the "bush peg"Had between 5 - 6 pound of Roach skimmers and perch. Still plenty of colour in it, but not grey. Enjoyable few hours Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Nice one MrV Image