If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Doggers Bridge

You know the score, Wind-up the other Members here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: At least I turn up & try !!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG

Doggers Bridge

Unread post by Obi »

Went for a couple hours on the extension yesterday,first time out since the SMF match last June,as Bonanza has mentioned on another thread i just cba any more for exactly the same reasons,

Found out Thurs evening that no work Friday Image,so after taking the son to school decided to whizz up a bit of liccy,chuck the gear in the car,cobwebs n all Image and go and have a few hrs by doggers bridge,

Signs looked good when i got there,few small fish topping all along the length and even better no dodgy characters hanging about under the bridge Image..Fished the 1st peg Pelsall side if the bridge with some nice reeds on far bank which are still nice and green,plumbed up 4 lines ,2m out to my right,9m straight out and tight to reeds straight out and same again but about 3m to my right which was about 18 inches deep,fed all lines with small nuggett of liccy and started on 9m straight out,first 2 put ins 2 fish Image,then usual for me nothing,tried inside line and nowt,back to 9m and 1 fish 1 missed bite,did notice a few small fish topping over by reeds to my right so went in there,after a short wait another fish in the net and for next hr or so took fish from this line regulaly,with only having a quick look on other lines after refeeding the far line and resting it for 5 mins or so,anyway ended up with 40 odd fish,all roach,about a dozen or so slipping the hook swinging them in,(forgot landing net) told you cba with preparation Image after 2 half hrs on bank, 2 thirds of the fish came from the far line in 18 inches of water which was a surprise seeing as it was only 3 degrees c when i got there,not really any stampers but all good clean roach around the 2-3 oz mark,so they are still there but maybe just a bit further up the cut,
did i enjoy it ? yea sort off :)
is my mojo back ? not sure it will ever come back like it used to be Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Doggers Bridge

Unread post by TK »

Cheers for the report OBi - good to hear you've finally got out onto the bank and what's better that you snared a few from down that end Image
TrevorBeckett
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: when that float dips - take off a number 8
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores Match Group & Spread Eagle A A

Doggers Bridge

Unread post by TrevorBeckett »

Good report OBI and some evidence the fish have moved up a bit ??? Worth thinking about a Grueller there in the New Year ?
Trevor B
Enthusiastic but not always efficient
MICK E
Personal Text: Mike the Pike
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG

Doggers Bridge

Unread post by MICK E »

good to here you are fishing again obi,look forward to see you on the gruellers in the new year.
may I take this oppurtinity to wish all my friends in cashmores and on the gruellers merry xmas and happy new year Image