If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Grueller match 3 2013 – Cooking on gas

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Well a few grullerites had a ‘smashing’ time today...........quite literally.

Arrived relatively early to hand over the pegs to Yamo who had volunteered to ‘sort us out’ today and found Big Col T our Michelin  4 star chef in full flow with a pan full of bangers on the go  Image

Several sizzling moments later and I was tucking in – and quite tasty they were  Image  Image

As I’m sure 'Little' Col would vouch

The draw got underway and too my horror most of the ‘short walk’ pegs were vanishing  Image so when I dipped into the bag I fully expected to pull end peg 1 out............. but I was overjoyed – at that moment – to pull out ‘lucky’ 13 as KOD ended up with a route march off to peg 1 Image

As I wandered down to be greeted by Tricast62 on next peg 12 I wasn’t too chuffed to find I was on the same peg  Image – well 6 ft to one side – as I’d struggled off last time.  :'(  Ah well - I aint called the B D M for nowt – and to add insult to injury I’d copped for the scales today as well  Image

Just too remind anyone remotely interested, this was the peg in question......

Image[/URL]

As I set up I mentioned to Tricast62 that my peg appeared to be the only one catching the wind – he thought that would be favourable today – a bit of ripple on the water. Things got 'favourable' for everyone as the day went on  :D

Soon set up with the usual 4 rigs and Heinzer blew up and we were away. Lines fed and a look on the white stuff..........

Now Cotti had confided that he’d had a good 4lb the other day with the important tip that his first bite on the punch hadn’t been instant, he’d had to wait half hour. Image  Anyone knowing me if I aint catching on it after 5 mins, I’m already onto plan B,C and D.  :D So I was gunna give it a prolonged ‘go’ today.

And woe betide after 10 mins the float slipped away............and a small skimmer of about 3 oz was netted. Image  The dreaded dry un was off and as I gazed to my left I could see other fish being netted

Big Col T to my left a long way away – but not netting at the time when this was took

I asked Tricast62 to my left if he’d had owt and was surprised to learn he’d already snared half a dozen punch fish  :o – mind he didn’t mention at that stage the 12ozer that he’d snared first put in that I hadn’t noticed.  Image

A slightly bigger 4oz skimmer followed about 10 minutes later  Image but persevering for another half hour resulted in nowt.  Image

A look on a longer chop line against the sedges resulted in a bite which I connected with – not a munster, not a kinver, but a 4oz rudd was welcome. This was a totally different peg this time – this canal is so much of an enigma

Rotating 7 lines I wheedled a few small silvers and then an hour and half in my match was over...........and probably so was Tricasts. There was some commotion in the yard opposite with lorries moving about, backing up and reversing when I heard a bloke shout to another ‘Gorra sledge hammer?’   ‘Arr’ was the response.

Bloke no 1 then proceeded to bash the lights out of a lump of metal right opposite me as close as he could get to the fence.  Image Image Image   Image Image Image Image Image Image   That was me done – in that last two hours plus I only snared another 3 bits for less that 2 oz.

We that was my excuse for this week - so spose I wasn’t too disappointed to hear the whistle go........
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Packed away, off I trotted with Tricast62 to do the honours and learn all the tales of woe....although it did appear far more calm on those lower numbers there had been a few disasters with Blues4eva trashing a no 7 and 8 section and a similar fate for MrV.

Whilst at the other end, Phil B had tussled with a 7 or 8lb carp on a lb bottom for a couple of minutes before his potential match winner decided to part company.

And the moment you’ve all been waiting for – the tale of the scales

PEG
1 KOD 0.9.0
2 MRV 1.13.10 Section winner
3 ZORRO 1.4.9
4 HEINZER 0.14.6
5 TREVOR B 0.2.8

6 BIG COL 1.4.15
7 BLUES4EVA 0.13.13
8 BUZZA DNW
9 COTTI 1.9.7 Section winner
10 MIKE E 1.3.7

11 YAMO 3.11.11 2nd
12 BIG COL T 5.1.14 1st
13 TK 1.5.9
14 TRICAST 1.14.14 3rd
15 PHIL B 0.6.5
17 TABBO 1.12.7 Triple default section winner

So a big well done to our master chef Image who punched his way to victory on the white stuff with decent net of some skimmers and stamp roach

In the words of another gruellerite ‘the cream rises to the top’ ;)
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by TRICAST62 »

brill read boss as per good to see the lads have few fish n all Image
TrevorBeckett
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: when that float dips - take off a number 8
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores Match Group & Spread Eagle A A

Unread post by TrevorBeckett »

Great report TK and may I wish all Cashmore club members and gruellerites a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR .

Tight Lines
Trevor B
Enthusiastic but not always efficient
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Brill read TK. As for the wind....your end was like a mill pond before and after the match, so it must have been windy for the 4 hours of the match Image. My net bag and a top 2 got blown in before we even kicked off Image Image
Well done Colin....perseverance pays off mate, and the sausage butty was much appreciated Image Image
carlos
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Match Team/ Club: cashmores ac

Unread post by carlos »

Cracking read t.k and nice to see the white stuff working Image and well done big col t Image
MICK E
Personal Text: Mike the Pike

Unread post by MICK E »

A nice net of fish on the white stuff,Well done big col t
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: At least I turn up & try !!

Unread post by Obi »

well done all..just a couple of weeks and i can start again...target next grueller Image Image

good write up TK..but you got 2 left hands these days Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

well done all..just a couple of weeks and i can start again...target next grueller

Nice one OBI Image

Then there's all those Image matches you'll have to face next year as well Image
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by Obi »

Then there's all those  matches you'll have to face next year as well 

certainley hope so Image if not as member will guest on as many as possible Image

had all clear from physio this morning so probably go for a couple hours on sunday just to test it out...might try further down the extention..past doggers just to see what its like down there Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

might try further down the extention..past doggers just to see what its like down there

Keep us posted how you get on Image
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by TRICAST62 »

Doggers obi lad right up your street that Image Image Image Image
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by Obi »

Too right Chris...and dont you get sneaking up on me with your shrivelled ok maggot either Image Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

Rotating 7 lines

Ffs TK, that's more than 'Ten Bellies' fishes Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

Great read TK i see my peg isn't very good still Image if you drew a peg like yours on the loughborough you'd have a few big billies for sure Image
The_Hunter

Unread post by The_Hunter »

Great report T.K. Well fished big col T .the cream as risen ! Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Well fished big col T .the cream as risen

Hi The Hunter - Big Col T says thanks very much for the compliment, but.............

He doesn't want to win too many cuss he has to give the gaffer indoors half of his winnings Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Great report and piccies matey Image Image