If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

RIG / HOOK LENGTH LINE... WHICH ONES?????

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Squatt Head
Personal Text: Maybe I'll draw a flyer
one day!!!!!

Unread post by Squatt Head »

Hey Guys
Need help! want to try some different line any ideas guys
Thinking of Supplex or Maver Extreme
damo28
Personal Text: Fishing is the way of life
Match Team/ Club: Dog and Partridge angling club.

Unread post by damo28 »

I personally use preston powerline for all my hooklengths and pole rigs and ive never had a problem Image
Golden_balls

Unread post by Golden_balls »

Hello Squatt head
I use Browning cenex which is very supple for silvers and Browning Hybrid for all of my carping which I find better than the Powerline.
ian_kent

Unread post by ian_kent »

I have used power line primarily for last couple of years
But am playing with the new supplex and first
impressions are it's very good..
manny
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by manny »

Still love double strength for silverfish bottoms on pole river or canal, silstar for f1 fishing in o.10 and 0.12. And stroft for anything else.
Arch
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Arch »

Iv'e just tried Supplex, tyed up some hooklengths for Silvers. Seems very nice and like it's name, very supple.

Main line for rigs, I still have some of the original Maver smart line which i like too, running out of that now so will probably switch over to Supplex for all my rig making line. I do still use Silstar for main line too.

............My biggest problem is i can't crappity smacking see very well any more. Small shot are a knightmare. There are more on the shed floor than actually make it onto the rig. Image
chavey
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by chavey »

I use garbo-line as rig line and for hook lengths since it first came out, I love the stuff it's tough and supple.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

we all have our own preferences when it comes to knitty gritty part of our rigs .I'm a little biased i love the sensas feeling line why its very hard to mark and kink the line diameter is good too Image
I still like powerline for my heavier rigs
darkhorse

Unread post by darkhorse »

joff,
classic or competition?? whats difference between two,

also have you tried that palmer line??any good???
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: MaverBaitech
Sponsor: Maver / Baitech

Unread post by CHOPWORM HERO »

For what its worth on a personal note all the sensas fine lines (0.08 down) that i have tried spin up too much on medium flow rivers etc. The best rig line I have found to date is the gamakatsu g line for silvers and it is very good on running water on the pole (0.08 and 0.06). Anything above is good old silstar which is the best eel hooklength ever !! My lightish running main line is silstar but if its a big fish river with big floats a heavy floating line like Berkley Teflon is used because You can pick the line up better, both are good for shot shifting on the line. I must admit a lot is confidence and I used to try every new line going but these days my choice is simple and if that part of my fishing aint broke then there's no point fixing it !!! As for braid well anything that has been soaked in fairy liguid for about a year and sinks a bit better !!!!
darkhorse

Unread post by darkhorse »

use silstar a lot on commies, on canals using low diameters for rigs, looking at light hook link for canals, always used middy lo-viz 0.06, been pretty much reliable, have tried diamond in past but hook links twisted, the extra stretch in lo-viz line makes me ponder when i have had a better fish on, has my hook link stretched???? why i'm looking at other makes, feeling, gorilla for hook links