If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

willesley

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
mozzie
Match Team/ Club: burton lads

willesley

Unread post by mozzie »

Any of you lads fished willesley recently? would be a great help for any info Image
Ian_baker
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Matrix Dynamite Trentmen
Sponsor: Matrix, Dynamite

willesley

Unread post by Ian_baker »

Last I heard it was all bivvy boys on there, shame used to be a really nice venue.
mozzie

willesley

Unread post by mozzie »

cheers mate just had txt that someone is talking about
running some matches on there soon. just try and get a bit of info about the place must be 20 years since fished it
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

willesley

Unread post by craftytafty »

I did here that they are having sunday opens now, it still fishes brilliant, we had some knock ups a couple of winters ago and it was really good.

ring redfin angling/ tackle shop ?? not sure exactly but they run the fishing now.
they've done a lot of work on it.
mozzie

willesley

Unread post by mozzie »

Cheers andy will do Image
Arch
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

willesley

Unread post by Arch »

I fished it in August, down the wood side. Had maybe 20lbs of Skimmers, no big Bream. Fished the feeder all day. Caught alot of fish on the drop/as the bait settled. Single and double Red maggot the best bait. I tried Worm and Corn on the hook but didn't catch any better. There is a match this Sunday 1st Dec, on the deeps. 17 on it when i went in Redfins earlier this week.

Not sure where the work they've done on it is ?? We sometimes have a walk round at dinner time if we're in the area and the trees are badly overhanging and festooned with tackle. Doesn't look good and a a nightmare for the bird population. Very difficult to cast if not impossible in some pegs. I stood up out in the water in August and still found it difficult to cast.

The guy at Redfins said they're having the trees sorted, so maybe all will be fine soon.  Image