If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Ryecroft fisheries silverfish match

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

RYECROFT  OR HEMMINGTON
Most of you know by one of the names above it's not the biggest fishery in the world but offers anglers a choice of what they want to do. whether it's all out Carp fishing on a lake or whether you prefer Canalised lakes for  pole fishing Ryecroft fits your needs.Easy access to most pegs and less than 30 yard walk to other pegs off the park parks.
AS you know Trafty off the website has been running a silverfish league or just open matches on the venue whether its a Saturday or Wednesday also helped by Mark brooks i'm not sure if Mark runs the fishery .I have always wanted to fish these matches as a lot of the lads had told me how good it can be specially as Taftys matches are silverfish only .Now i have a little more time for fishing i made the long a waitted trip yesterday meeting up with Tafty for Breakfast and another great friend Graham Barry who i have known seams like all my life back in the old Marks and Marlow and still moaning for England  Image Image Image

After my ears had settled down from putting the world to right from ballroom dancing to champion league football it was time to talk a look at the fishery

iI must say at this point the weather looks brilliant but i can asure you when we had drawn the heavens opened and the wind turned into proper gala force  Image Image Image a day when the price of good gortex pays for it's self  Image
I drew peg 8 one side i had my float making hero Pete Warren no pressure then and on the otherside Venue expert Andy Taff better know as Tafty the drawbag  Image Image so i knew i had drawn well  ;)The other option was drawn near me Graham  Image as you are normally garenteed a net full of fish when sat next to graham  Image Image
Tafty had put me right as did Dean guess and couple of others and being my first trip i wanted it as simple as i could  Image

bait tray was simple with a little extra requirment pinkie i never go anywhere without them just in case its hard  ::)

pellets at 13 m caster at top 3 plus two with a little G/B  caster down the edge top two simple  Image
RIGS SIMPLE 0.10  line 0.3/0.4 floats and 0.6 Double bulk hooks Gamma black yet after yesterday i'm not too sure Gamma Green 0.8/0.9 line softish laggie

soon changed to a bodied J/F with the wind

From the all in everyone started catching whether it was 2metres 6metres or 13m nets were out  :D :D :D i could see myself being battered  Image after about a hour most had settled and i thought it might not be fishing as well as other weeks i couldn't see too many skimmers coming out so i stuck to 2metres and 6m lines roach perch skimmers all fell to these lines and resting the lines helped no end. by the last hour i thought i'd done a weigh but felt one or two had caught bigger skimmers around me we had smaller fish so whether the wind had pushed the fish towards the high numbers as 14 to 18 also had problems with carp
Pete had stuck it out with pellet and i could only see the end of Taftys new pole at 13m but that didn't look as if the float was going up  Image Image
i had started to have some bites on the drop so i picked up my edge rig which happened to be a chianti 4x10 strung out well what happened next was a run of big roach rudd and the odd skimmer i couldn't feed too much as the odd carp kept topping so it was very gently feeding this last until the end although the Roach did get smaller

at the weigh in i finished up with 20lb 9oz

TAFTY  admitted he had spent too long fishing for the skimmers at 13 m but still had 17lb

Pete Warren again said he had spent too long at 13m and fished pellets Pete ended up with a dead 19lb

yet we couldn't compete with the higher numbers John Eccles had a lovely net of great big roach ide rudd and skimmers for 28lb sorry about the photo but the sun came out and we didn't have too much room to move about :-/ :-/

Next to John was young Matt who had a nightmare once the carp had found his bait in the last hour but still managed a great net of skimmers for 27lb

A great fishery great company and it just shows how close these sort of matches can be
i will put the full result in a while as ive left them at home  Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

silver fish matches Rycroft fishery
from next Wednesday 2nd October we're going to try and get some midweek silverfish only matches going on the carp lake at Rycroft.
They will be every Wednesday right through till the end of next March if we can get some interest

Draw 8-30am.
£15 all in, float only, no bait bans, no carp/F1's etc.

ring Mark Brookes on 07816052235 or Andy Taft on 07709338595 
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by craftytafty »

cracking write up Joff, although who's this Tafty the drawbag Image Image Image Image :D :D

it's usually better where we were when it gets colder. Hooks have been a nightmare for me, I keep losing big perch, did another yesterday.

Some good anglers fishing it Saturday, Cam Hughes, Matt Godfrey to name a couple, I'll be the only one who isn't famous lolol.

Hope we see you there again soon mate
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Yes I spoke to Matt today he was very interested plus a couple have phoned today after seeing the write up that's why I put your contact numbers on the reply below it's also matchfishinganswers.com Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Tafty your famous according to Graham Barry famous for watching Sh#t TV programmes like football Image Image
leeben1
Match Team/ Club: sensas MAS
Sponsor: sensas MAS

Unread post by leeben1 »

yes,good write up joff,its got me twitching to get back there now Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Leeben yes I will be back there soon  Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

pretty sure he will have 20 on it tomorrow Imagethere is also a christmas match on there it could be a pairs match on the 27th dec and i know thats filling up quick Image Image
leeben1
Match Team/ Club: sensas MAS
Sponsor: sensas MAS

Unread post by leeben1 »

im booked in for the xmas match joff,work permitting an all,should be a good day out Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Tafty where 's the result from saturday Image
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

watching sh*te tv, this is the bloke who watches Home and Away cos he says the women are fit in it :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

I'm just taking my Mum for her pneumonia jab so i'll put it up when I get back.

Might have to fone Mr Barry first for a little chat Image :D :D
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

The latest Silverfish match was last Saturday 26th October.

1st Matt Godfrey 24lb 4oz Peg 22
2nd Matt Hall 20lb 6oz Peg 9
3rd Dean Guest 19lb 12oz Peg 10
4th Russ Dowding 19lb 8oz Peg 16
5th Bill Rutherford 19lb 5oz Peg 6
6th Alistair Chisholm 18lb 8oz Peg 18

Sec 1 Bill Rutherford 19lb 5oz Peg 6
Sec 2 Lee Wright 17lb 4oz Peg 3
Sec 3 Tony Scott 12lb 12oz Peg 24

18 fished and I thought it was ok considering so many on a small lake.

I was on Peg 2, which can be ok, but I couldn't catch any decent skimmers just roach. Pegs 2 and 3 can be good for skimmers but neither myself or Lee had anything decent.
I had a few decent roach close in and loads of small roach, 1 to 2oz at 5m for 14lb. if I'd done that all day I might have made 20lb, but you have to spend some time fishing for skimmers on that peg.
There were 13 double figure weights out of 18 which I think is good.

Next match is this Saturday 2nd November and we've also one this Wednesday.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Very close again tafty no one can moan at these weights i hope it keeps anglers fishing them mate can't make wednesday this week as i'm out thursday  Image Image

i take it you didn't phone Graham seeing the results are up quiet quick Image Image Image Image Image Image
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

yeah, a good close match. you always feel in with a shout of framing or winning a section and it's rare when everyone doesn't weigh in. As much as I enjoy carping aswell, you usually see cars coming past our lake off the other open where people have packed up early.

lol, Not rang him yet, I daren't in case he's watching some obscure soap opera :D :D
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Tafty are still on the phone to Graham Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Matt won on the Sunday as well the eastern winter league on the stainy :o
MrWright
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by MrWright »

The lad is brilliant Joff, he's taken it to the next level now, defo get an England call up in the future! He's a nice lad too :-*
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Tafty are still on the phone to Graham  Image Image Image

No, I've just been to fetch him some casters for tmrw Image Image Image
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

The lad is brilliant Joff, he's taken it to the next level now, defo get an England call up in the future! He's a nice lad too  :-*

I agree. Tell you what that peg he was on Saturday doesn't produce normally, nobody really wants to be there.