If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Curse match 14 2013 - T M 'Priory section'

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Well I was gunna start this topic off with a pop at the members who despite receiving emails or texts, or in some cases both, advising of a venue change just can’t be arsed to extend the courtesy of a text or mail back to advise of their intended absence.

But I better not as its probably ‘my fault’  ::)  as I must have out of date contact details.......... so I’ll spend the next few minutes deleting those obsolete email addresses and tel numbers from my phone. Might save me a few bob in future as well. Image

But there again some members never ever advise of their intended absence,  Image  they just turn up when they want to and don’t give a toss or any thought about those fellow members who do bother to take the time and trouble to peg out the matches – all so that those same members can fish.

Well because of those old contact details, a few members must have had a knock up between themselves on the river,  ::)  because the ‘expected’ turnout was down on the day for this rescheduled match on the T & M between Rugeley and Armitage

And gorra say, spot on parking by the side of the cut  Image  with no walking for the walking wounded. Talking of which, forgot to put a claim in for a short walk peg and ended up on ‘lucky’ peg 13 – really permanent peg 113, a bit farther than I wanted to toddle down the towpath   :'(

Hadn’t fished this section for more than 20 years, but having fished a couple of Cashmores matches less than a mile away over the last few years, thought I knew what to expect.......... Image

But I didn’t, Image  as my opening gambit on the punch failed to produce a solitary bite  Image whilst Big Col on the next peg wiped me away in those opening 15 minutes with 3 kinver tigers going 10oz to lb on the chop.  :o Image

Yamo on end peg also looked like he was flying and to my left, Zorro, Mike E, Tricast and co all seemed to be netting a few.  Image

So nowt on the punch, a look on caster produced a solitary small kinver. Couldn’t find any silvers as a few more kinvers fell to the pinkie. Ok I’m 3lb behind Big Col, time to play catch up and feed a bit of chop that he’s given to me – obviously feeling totally unthreatened and sorry for me. :D

Result of that chop? One bite............ was it a lump?  Image

Nope -  a one once roach – what’s that all about?    No kinvers at all on it?  Image

Anyway it was a pleasant day, and the gods held off the rain until the drive back home when it tipped it down

So what did Big Col and co do?

Here’s the tale of the scales............  Image

PEG
104 PHIL B 0.8.7
105 MR V 7.0.5
106 ROBERTO D 1.3.7
107 KOD 1.7.2
108 COTTI 1.2.6
109 BIG BAZ 1.0.5
110 TRICAST62 1.14.12
111 MIKE E 1.11.3
112 ZORRO 1.9.1
113 TK 1.13.5
114 BIG COL 4.0.0
115 TREVOR B 0.6.3
116 YAMO 2.6.10

Lots of 'close' weights, but it turned out to be a stroll in the park for MrV – well done matey on ‘your return’  Image Image

And I'd certainly give it another go in the future.......
TrevorBeckett
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: when that float dips - take off a number 8
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores Match Group & Spread Eagle A A

Unread post by TrevorBeckett »

May I be the second to congratulate Mr V on a fine net of stripeys , including a couple of clonkers - well done .
Trevor B
Enthusiastic but not always efficient
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Thanks lads. It was a pleasure fishing a match again. I have missed the banter (and the moaning) with you llot.  Image
Despite several struggling on the punch, I had a good first half hour on it, putting about 12oz in the net. Maybe the difference was the fact I fished it on a whip, rather than the pole over their heads.
The first boat killed that line, but I had fed 3 balls of G/B up the shelf at 10 metres, and dribbled choppie and caster on 2 spots at bottom of near and far shelf throughout the match. Went on the choppie next and had 2 x 2oz perch and 3 Ruffe in the first 5 puts in. Then nothing, so over on the pinkie for a few small roach and gobies.
Back on the choppie line for a few more small perch. Next boat came and went, stirring up the bottom good and proper. Thought that would wipe out the choppie lines, but dropped in again a couple of minutes later and it buried straight away. Result was a nice perch of about a pound. Poor Phil on the end peg then had to endure 3 boats pulling up in his peg because a boat was coming the other way through the tunnel. These boats, however, threw their engines into revers in my peg before stopping in Phils peg. The cut looked like a bloody washing machine in front of me  Image Image Had a walk for 10 mins to stretch the legs a bit and went back to a still chocolate coloured peg. It was now flowing in the right direction, so cupped in more feed for the perch. Tried the squatt for 10 minutes with little success, so back on the worm with another immediate response. Another perch of 12oz  Image In the next hour, had another 3 decent perch, topped off by one of about a pound and half. Strange thing was, they all came just as a boat approached and the flow started to go the other way  :-/ :-/
Anyway, had very little in the last hour, but had really enjoyed my match, and the banter with Phil, Rob and KOD ....cheers lads  Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

well done MrV Image Image i bet it was great to be back on the bank i bet your feeling were all over the place should i go should i not even so to win the match is great well done again
>:( TK where are my photos >:(
Phil B
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Phil B »

Not the best days fishing! But I will bet no one had anything bigger in their keep net (a 50 odd foot barge) whose operative did apologise for fouling my swim. However she had to dash of to her mothers wedding and did not have time to apologise for smashing my keep net
with regard to Mr Vs result well done Paul, but as I said on Saturday if you continue in this vein I will not let you next to me, No complainst about the venue ticked all of the boxes for me. If we have it again an earlier start to miss some of the boat traffic might be better
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by MrV »

i bet your feeling were all over the place should i go should i not
Spot on Joff. Even throughout the match I was a bit anxious and nervous, but its amazing how the concentration we put in to a fishing match makes 5 hours fly by. Image To be fair, I also had a dozen "babysitters" watching out for me Image

Biggest downer of the day was when I got home and Karen gave me one almighty rollicking. She had tried to phone me 3 times to see how I was coping and my phone was flat. Forgot to charge it overnight Image Image. Still, that was a lesson learnt, and with hindsight, I can see why she was miffed at me Image Image
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: At least I turn up & try !!

Unread post by Obi »

well done Paul...what a way to come back Image
Phil B
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Phil B »

Squeaky bum time at the top for KOD
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Aye it is PhilB, with Yamo clawing a few points back

With Keith F1 Lewis throwing a shoe on Saturday, the club championship is now a two horse race with KOD on 344 points, Yamo hot on his tail with 336

Bet KOD is lovingly tending to his punch and lobbies at this moment Image ;)
Phil B
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Phil B »

Is tending his punch and lobbies an activity for a man of his years? They say it can induce extreme hair loss
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by MrV »

They say it can induce extreme hair loss

And blisters on the palm of your hand (not speaking from experience....just that somebody told me) Image Image Image
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by kod »

tending his punch and lobbies an activity for a man of his years? They say it can induce extreme hair loss
And blisters on the palm of your hand (not speaking from experience....just that somebody told me) 
Image Image Image

so that's what happened to it
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by MrV »

Bet KOD is lovingly tending to his punch and lobbies at this momen

Think he is  Image Image Image

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

If he gets one out on that Image he should be home and dry :D
Phil B
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Phil B »

It,s the biggest bloodworm I have ever seen.
Where would you keep it? or do we really want
to know?