If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Sad times for the Joffmiester

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

After some great years with Leicester AS Home brewery and ultimately Leicester sensas i feel its time to step down as captain for the past 15 years when the late Ivan marks asked if i would consider the challenge to become captain of the great Leicester sensas i jumped at the chance and had some great times sad times but most of the time happy and laughter times amongst what i call the best anglers around. i feel i've done my best and need to concentrate more on my own fishing simply dropping myself for a quiet life has to stop .putting the team in front of my own family on numerous occasions and leaving holidays until the close season is how i considered the job in hand
I then found myself spending hours on the phone organising whether it was the team or organising matches it's all started to take its toll on my fishing.always trying to invent the perfect competition where everyone would be happy and ultimately trying to keep team fishing going .All this instead of taking my own fishing forward and looking into the future and not the past.
Ive spoken to past captains and all have said the same there becomes a time when enough is enough
Leicester sensas will always be in my blood its been my life and will never see the team short if needed. Its been a laugh and will miss them all the new faces as well as the old
It will be a new out look for me a new era where i can think of myself first go where i like and concentrate on winning and not on points if i draw crap its a early bath.I will wear my Leicester sensas clothing with pride i've had a long and in depth conversion with Trev and will still have the backing of Sensas perhaps more time keep everyone up to date on the website and newspapers its ten years since Ivan died this year and i'm sure he'd of said i'd given my best shot .
Natural venues are still my favourite whether its canals rivers or lakes some open water commercials still float my boat and feel i've missed out on a few selected matches either a league match or i've been running a match on the same day has always got in the way .Ireland is another so Tony if the offer still stands it could be Muckno next year
I would like to thank everyone for their support and advice and hope this will puts an end to the rumours
I wish all the the best to the New captain Nick moss and vice captain Roger Marlow i hope they can improve the squad and take them forward as i know the team is in good hands

Image Image Image Image Image Image
MrWright
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by MrWright »

Wish you all the best pal Image
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by craftytafty »

yeah, all the best. you did a cracking job.
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Look forward to some top reports off you Joffie based around your individual exploits.......go enjoy yourself kiddo Image Image Image
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Match Team/ Club: Stainy angling centre
Sponsor: Open to offers!!!

Unread post by big_cup »

It seems an impossible decision at the time Joff but after a few months you will soon see your better for it Image Image Made the same decision myself 2 years ago, sadly our club folded as part of that but the time it free's up for you is quite frightening Image and in stead of sitting on the bank wondering how the team is getting on, what problems there is, who will come back with good / bad points, you can actually just sit down and concentrate on your own peg and how you want to approach it.

Good luck mate Image Image
Just cant get a draw :facepalm :facepalm
Squatt Head
Personal Text: Maybe I'll draw a flyer
one day!!!!!

Unread post by Squatt Head »

Yo Joffi
I can understand the rasons for giving up the Captains roll
but why leave the team . You can still get alot of satisfaction from team fishing
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Squatt head i will fill in if they need me but after running the team for as long as i have i need a fresh start individual fishing is completely different to be a captain and looking after others listening to the fallouts .I'm a winner i need to get up to speed without any distractions Image
Barrow21
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Old Townsender

Unread post by Barrow21 »

Bit of a surprise to read that Joff. Pretty sure it will help your individual fishing. Mind didn,t look a lot wrong when I was watching a couple of weeks ago when you framed.

Does this mean your fantasy team will get more attention amd you will be shooting up the table.
Pedro
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Pedro »

Good luck Boycie  Image Hopefully see  a little more of you up Norf in Gods County  ;)

Ps:
Yorkshire adopted the Trent....  North of Stoke Bardolph Weir..........yas kno  :D :D :D
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Fair play and good luck Joff  Image

Something i have learnt from the past 18 months or so is ......

life is for living and "New Beginings" ..... its like a breath of fresh air once you get your head around it  ;)  8-)
Pedro
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Pedro »

Joffmiester.............. .aka.............

"The Martini Man"

ANY TIME...ANY PLACE...ANY WHERE
          :D                   :D                    :D

Enjoy the freedom. ......BOYCIE  Image Image Image
BenSharratt

Unread post by BenSharratt »

All the best Joff Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Bit of a surprise to read that Joff.  Pretty sure it will help your individual fishing.  Mind didn,t look a lot wrong when I was watching a couple of weeks ago when you framed.

Does this mean your fantasy team will get more attention amd you will be shooting up the table.

Image Image Image i can't even get that team right barrow boy Image Image

but i am a tryer bill and myself have sent the team away for the week so they come back stronger next week Image Image Image
As for my fishing even the Tank commander remarked that i'd spent a lot of time on my kit this week LOOKS LIKE YOUR MOJO IS BACK WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE Image Image Image
at this point i made a cup of tea Image Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

cheers Ben your a great young angler i remember you and dad that day on the sensas final at Barston probably the worst weather we have ever had on the first day you stuck it out Image i think i took a photo of you with your back to the lake with the wind and rain what a day kiddo

Dodge ive noticed the change in your write ups kiddo Image Image
The word MILF and BEER = Enjoyment Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Joffmiester.............. .aka.............

"The Martini Man"

ANY TIME...ANY PLACE...ANY WHERE
          :D                   :D                    :D

Enjoy the freedom. ......BOYCIE  Image Image Image

Yes Pedro its a date Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

It seems an impossible decision at the time Joff but after a few months you will soon see your better for it  Image Image Made the same decision myself 2 years ago, sadly our club folded as part of that but the time it free's up for you is quite frightening  Image and in stead of sitting on the bank wondering how the team is getting on, what problems there is, who will come back with good / bad points, you can actually just sit down and concentrate on your own peg and how you want to approach it.

Good luck mate  Image Image

Yes MrV i will be reporting and writing a few tales i can't wait to see one of Bills pegs again there normally fliers Image
Taff cheers pal might even get your photo in if you win one  Image Image Image
Big cup cheers mate strange to say the least and the phone has karmed down now just need to sort my own dircetion out now  Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Well big decision today fishing or stay in bed with sugar lady lumps !!! Easy really have you seen it out there Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Hook tying day me thinks Image
petebagup
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament
Match Team/ Club: Long Eaton Fed

Unread post by petebagup »

Correct decision me thinks Image

Still drying out after getting a good dousing on the Hot Waters at Ilkeston yesterday..............Lee Morley won it with 4-15

Thought about nipping off to Kegworth to watch the winter league then I thought nah............. :D
obee1toby

Unread post by obee1toby »

All the best Joff, hope it goes well.