If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

CURSE MATCH 12

Discuss new or upcoming Cashmores Matches here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by kod »

River Trent Cuttle Brook Section

Who knows where this is???

Declared casualties so far

Roberto
Tk
Heinzer
Brambles
Big Baz
Choppymaster

let us know if your unable to attend please Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by MrV »

DE73 7HW. Access is by the John Thompson pub. Permanently pegged mate. Talking to Alan Round, pegs 1 - 8 above the access point and pegs 9 - 20 odd below. Parking behind quite a few pegs from peg 9 to about 17, then a short drive down the bank to park in a wood where you have short walks to the rest of the pegs Image Image

Dont know how to post a map, but I am sure young Josh will stick one on using the postcode Image Image
MICK E
Personal Text: Mike the Pike

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by MICK E »

thanks for the imfo , look forward to you fishing again, you can choose out of the first 3 pegs Image Image
Josh1337
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by Josh1337 »

You back this week MrV?  ::), do you actually drive onto it through the pub or the gate just past the entrance?
Dont know how to post a map, but I am sure young Josh will stick one on using the postcode   

Acknowledged.  Image Click to make it bigger  Image

MAP REMOVED - USED TK's below
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by MrV »

You back this week MrV?  , do you actually drive onto it through the pub or the gate just past the entrance?

Won't be fit enough to fish for a while yet Josh, but may be coming with Daz as "an observer" or in more sensible language "p**s taker".  Image Image

Entrance is through gate mate  Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by joffmiester »

You back this week MrV?  , do you actually drive onto it through the pub or the gate just past the entrance?

Won't be fit enough to fish for a while yet Josh, but may be coming with Daz as "an observer" or in more sensible language "p**s taker".  Image Image

Entrance is through gate mate  Image

good lad you have now become the curse match camera man Image Image Image Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by TK »

Finally found the gate on G maps............. there's also a couple of cars down by the river ;)
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by TK »

But is it the right gate? River only looks about 100 yards away, but BMAC web site directions read...........

Cuttle Brook

A very popular water holding big Barbel, Chub and Carp plus all the usual species. From Swarkestone Bridge (A514) 300m past Garage turn right into track (sign-posted). Follow the track for 1mile to river, Car park 8B. Park near footbridge (never block track) fishing here is good for Barbel, Chub, Roach and Bream. The pegs above bridge are very good!

Car park 8C is a further ¼ mile down the track in the Woods. The pegs along the roadside can all produce good catches of Chub and Roach. Barbel can show anywhere! The pegs in the wood are a lot deeper and hold Big Perch, Chub and Carp, Below the Woods the river returns to fast shallow runs (Barbel & Chub).

For Car park 8A from Swarkestone Bridge, 200m past the A5132 junction turn right into Church La, drive down to the river then turn right. Go 70m and park near buoy (do not block road). Just below the bridge is the old weir good for Barbel, Chub, Perch and Pike. The Pegs downstream are good for all species. A pedestrian access is located down Woodshop Lane which is between the bridge and The Crewe & Harpur Pub. Park in the lane (please do not block / annoy locals) and go down gravel path between house and bungalow (30m From main road). River here is slow and deep holding all species, upstream is shallower and holds Chub and Barbel.

Image Image Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by MrV »

good lad you have now become the curse match camera man 

If I get there Joffie, the camera will be with me Image Image
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by kod »

Won't be fit enough to fish for a while yet Josh, but may be coming with Daz as "an observer" or in more sensible language "p**s taker".   

Any chance you can carry my gear to me peg then save bringing trolley Image Image
Josh1337
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by Josh1337 »

Then you can carry mine KOD! Image

You can borrow my trolley! Image
MICK E
Personal Text: Mike the Pike

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by MICK E »

Roberto is not on this one ,still on hols Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by TK »

Roberto is not on this one ,still on hols Image

Ta for reminding me Mike E
Arch
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by Arch »

But is it the right gate? River only looks about 100 yards away, but BMAC web site directions read...........

Cuttle Brook

A very popular water holding big Barbel, Chub and Carp plus all the usual species. From Swarkestone Bridge (A514) 300m past Garage turn right into track (sign-posted). Follow the track for 1mile to river, Car park 8B. Park near footbridge (never block track) fishing here is good for Barbel, Chub, Roach and Bream. The pegs above bridge are very good!

Car park 8C is a further ¼ mile down the track in the Woods. The pegs along the roadside can all produce good catches of Chub and Roach. Barbel can show anywhere! The pegs in the wood are a lot deeper and hold Big Perch, Chub and Carp, Below the Woods the river returns to fast shallow runs (Barbel & Chub). 

For Car park 8A from Swarkestone Bridge, 200m past the A5132 junction turn right into Church La, drive down to the river then turn right. Go 70m and park near buoy (do not block road). Just below the bridge is the old weir good for Barbel, Chub, Perch and Pike. The Pegs downstream are good for all species. A pedestrian access is located down Woodshop Lane which is between the bridge and The Crewe & Harpur Pub. Park in the lane (please do not block / annoy locals) and go down gravel path between house and bungalow (30m From main road). River here is slow and deep holding all species, upstream is shallower and holds Chub and Barbel.

Image Image Image

I may not be right here, but i thought Cuttle Brook was downstream of Swarkestone bridge, same side as the pub. Crewe and Harpur that is.
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by MrV »

Despite the last couple of days rain, the river level, according to DEFRA website, looks spot on for you lads on Saturday. Weather forecast is good from tonight, so it looks promising  Image Image

Declared casualties so far

MrV
Roberto
Tk
Heinzer
Brambles
Big Baz
Choppymaster
Daz Williams
MGB
Mick Kenn
HaHa
Tommy Cooper
Glyncar69

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by Glyncar69 »

Which bit of cuttle brook are we fishing as north side of river is bmac water.can't find thing on the other side
heinzer
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by heinzer »

Good Luck Lads! The Sun is killing me - wish you were all here. Have a good match.
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by YAMO »

Glynn we are on burton mutual water I think. Assuming after another downpour tomorrow river will be well up again
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by TK »

Which bit of cuttle brook are we fishing as north side of river is bmac water.can't  find thing on the other side

Glynn we are on burton mutual water I think.

It is Burton Mutual waters guys - weve got 'all' the section I believe.

I'm a tad confused meself where it actually is. Can MrV 'clarify' directions? Unless we all follow Big Col who went down there last week with Twink Image
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

CURSE MATCH 12

Unread post by kod »

Despite the last couple of days rain, the river level, according to DEFRA website, looks spot on for you lads on Saturday. Weather forecast is good from tonight, so it looks promising

Seem to recall similar statement for last match Image Image Image