If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Calling all anglers in Leicestershire

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

Calling all anglers in Leicestershire and future a field we are struggling to get the attendance numbers up in our competitions this will have a knock on effect to the the controlling clubs plus the surrounding clubs that are part of competition venues
we listened to anglers points of view and none of us are getting any younger access is a major issue as no one wants to walk too far with their gear
Brian Hull of loughborough soar and Bucko have been running some matches but the attendance has been pretty low yet the fishing has been brilliant
The river soar has enjoyed a break from competitive sport as fish stocks seem very good with roach of all sizes being caught along with skimmers,hybrids, tench, perch during the day and carp barbel and bream by night so plenty for everyone
Quorn AS,loughborough soar, kegworth and Leicester mal books are available from the local tackle in the area
perhaps the competition haven't been advertisied as much as they should of been and hope to have this sorted in the future matches will be advertised on this website [simplematchfishing.com ] plus the loughborough Echo and Leicester Mercury Thursdays and Fridays
With the winter league just around the corner new teams are more than welcome and teams could be made up of individual friends ;) ;)
the next match is at sutton on the 8th this has just been arranged and the next is on the 15th sept 22nd and 29th which is the practice match for the winter league which starts each year on the first sunday in october which is the 6th this year in the past we have fished two then miss a week then two and miss a week followed the final two matches its all over by the 24th nov being the last match in the series
in between we will have a couple of opens perhaps on the canal plus the soar champs
Towards Christmas again some canal matches and after christmas the popular canal pairs will be running dates to be arranged and is often fully booked
NOW THE FOLLOWING SEASON

we have a NEW competition it will be called the River Soar Masters
6 qualifing rounds on either sutton lane end or some other sections easy walking sections ;) ;)
The top 3 individuals and section winners will qualify for a final in september details and balance sheet to follow
this will be based on 50 anglers per round
The final match will have quite a large cheque to the winner ;) ;)
BUT this match will need a lot of support to get off the ground again no fences or uncomfortable walks
please watchout for these matches as i'm sure you won't be disappointed

Image Image Image Image
Barrow21
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Old Townsender

Unread post by Barrow21 »

Think you have hit the nail on the head with the advertising of these things. With the coverage in the local press that should have an impact.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Yep after being a way from the river for most of the summer it makes you realise how good it is ok the odd off day but isn't that the same all over the country
I'M sure if anglers gave it a chance they would like it most sections have roach inthem i just think they hide in the deeper water in the summer evening in the fast and shallow pegs you can catch yet during the day you can't chub are the only fish i'm worried about we are not catching many 8oz to pound anymore :-/ :-/
hopefully barrow boy i can write the matches up on here and send it to the papers Image
MrWright
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by MrWright »

Seems a great idea mate, will let the trentmen boys know and I'm sure there will be a few that are interested. I can also ask Tom to put it in the mag if you want me to? Also match fishing have an upcoming matches page on there website so it may be worth sending it there too? All sounds good to me though pal Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Lee ive already told the mags start advertising at christmas Image
plus the pairs is running again on the canal ;) ;)after christmas in between the stany
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

just needs 50 anglers for the competition to work at one point i thought once qualified they might not fish another round but each round has £1,200 to be won so i can't see anyone not wanting to fish
after a few trips to evesham and you realise the fishing ain't that good at the minute why not do something similar locally i'm still going to fish evesham just not as much  Image

don't get me wrong sutton can be hard but the amount of hybrids being caught this year makes you think it won't be that bad
Top 4
Match Team/ Club: PROLINE

Unread post by Top 4 »

Could you give more detail on on the team comp
like the sound of that cheers Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

top 4 its not a team comp mate its individual with it running through the summer its hard to get teams to commit
its limited to 50 pegs per round
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

right it will go something like this

£20.00 entrance fee each match no competition fee
£1,000 PER MATCH IN POOLS
Take out the pegging fee £3 = £150 and also takeout £4 per match for the final £200
which will leave £650 to be paid out on the day
5 ten peg sections £30 =£150
again leaving £500 for the top 4
1st £200.00
2nd £120.00
3rd £100.00
4th £80.00
Individual this is the good part it will run as qualifiers each match the top 3 and the section winners go through to the final they can still fish every match if they choose [48 angler final 0r 50 IF THERE IS A TIE ] the final after 6 matches would be a pot of £1,200.00 for a 48 or 50 peg match plus there £20 on the day pools 48 =£816 after pegging again taken out £144
i'm pretty sure this will wet some asperities of the local matchmen plus i'm think of advertising it early next year ok i know this is based on a sellout but i'm pretty sure the one's that qualify will carry on and fish the other matches anyway plus we might have a waitting list Image Image
long eatons finest
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Long EatonFed M.G.
Sponsor: Buckos TEAM BALDY

Unread post by long eatons finest »

River Soar Masters Image
This is a great idea Joff,Im sure this has been mentioned before over the last few years on here.
There can`t be anywhere better in the area for access and Sutton is on a par with Evesham fishing wise.
This is why anglers go to Evesham access is paramount nowadays because of the amount of tackle we carry.
Although prize money is a bit of a draw there this can work locally.
We need to support our local NATURAL venues as ive said on here before,we need as much pegging fees as possible to keep our clubs going. Image
I think you will get at least a core of 40 regular anglers from
this area including our lads and your squad and with a bit of a carrot  with a decent pot at the end (would be nice if we could get some sponsorship if anyones looking in Image  ) but thats another issue ;)
This could be the start of something big in my opinion.
Great idea  Image

Mark
Top 4

Unread post by Top 4 »

Sorry about that, :-[ miss read that one....
any way have you any dates yet??
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

TOP4 WILL POST THEM AS SOON AS I CAN  Image
hope your right pete 50 would be nice i'll start pushing it around christmas as for a sponsor i'm trying and it looks good
ive been to Evesham and i see quite a few local lads there so i'm hoping the two can run along side i have 18 names for the first round already the good thing about sutton is anyone can win and fish how they like we all now about the tench bream and big perch its up to each angler to fish to there strengths  Image Image

top 4 its like a large slow flowing canal kiddo just 8 to 12ft deep ;)
Top 4

Unread post by Top 4 »

Sound my type of fishing Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

i'l take a few photos  Image
the banks are tinned all the way through the length so no real advantages apart from the reed beds where over the years silt has built up no need for waders
there are 100 pegs on the length