If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

WELL DONE LEE WRIGHT

Share your Match Results or Fishing Stories Here.

Moderator: bill yards

joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

WELL DONE LEE WRIGHT

Unread post by joffmiester »

OUR VERY OWN LEE WRIGHT

has won the Maver Match This qualifier at Makins Fishery, guaranteeing himself a place in the £50,000 Maver Match This Final. Matrix, and Dynamite baits backed Lee drew peg 9 on Reptile lake and opted to fish casters in the shallow water up to the island, with maggots on the hook to end the match with 74-11-00.

Lee commented: "I am over the moon to be in the final, and to be honest it still hasn't quite sunk in yet. I had quite a slow start to the match, but when the fish turned up, they turned up in numbers and I was able to really clatter them for the last hour. I'm glad I stuck to my guns though, as I had almost given up halfway through! It just goes to show how patience can pay!"

Got baits rod, Carl Williams finished in second place from peg 2, also on Reptile. Carl fished down the inside feeding maggot with maggot on the hook. At the end of the match, he offered 69-04-00 to the scales, earning himself a place in the 2013 British Pole Championships.

Overall, Weights were a little down on expectation with the resident carp making the most of the sudden rise in temperature and taking the opportunity to finish spawning which had been interrupted several weeks ago.

Last year's qualifier event winner, Craig Elkin (Matrix / Bait-Tech), finished in third place on the day weighing in 60lbs exactly. Craig drew peg 16 on Lake Seven and fished casters over groundbait, also qualifying for the Maver British Pole Championships.

Mick Bull (Shimano / Guru / Dynamite Baits) finished in fourth place winning on the Snake lake from peg 15. Mick opted to fish tight to the island alternating between maggot and caster over a bed of hemp to return 58-10-00.

Taking the last of the automatic British Pole Championship places was Adrian Higginbottom. Adrian drew peg 11 on Lake Seven ending the day with 56-08-00.

1 Lee Wright (Matrix Dynamite Trentmen) 74-11-00 (Reptile 9)
2 Carl Williams (Got Baits) 69-04-0 (Reptile 2)
3 Craig Elkin (Matrix / Bait-Tech) 60-00-00 (Severn 16)
4 Mick Bull (Shimano / Dynamite Baits / Guru)58-10-00 (Snake 15)
5 Adrian Higginbottom (Matrix Dynamite Trentmen) 56-08-08 (Severn 11)

Qualifier for Grand Final: Lee Wright (Matrix / Dynamite Baits)

Qualifiers for British Pole Championships: Lee Wright (Matrix / Dynamite Baits), Carl Williams (Got Baits), Craig Elkin (Matrix / Bait-Tech), Mick Bull (Shimano / Guru / Dynamite Baits) and Adrian Higginbottom (Matrix Dynamite Trentmen)
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Midlands

WELL DONE LEE WRIGHT

Unread post by lloydy »

Well done Lee, deffo on top form at the moment, get it done mate Image
long eatons finest
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Long EatonFed M.G.
Sponsor: Buckos TEAM BALDY

WELL DONE LEE WRIGHT

Unread post by long eatons finest »

Nice on Lee great effort mate .Now go and win it Image
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: MaverBaitech
Sponsor: Maver / Baitech

WELL DONE LEE WRIGHT

Unread post by CHOPWORM HERO »

Big well done Lee Image a good move going to the darkside Mate and I hope it continues but its too late for me !!!!! Not many years left of the river game now !!!!!!!!
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

WELL DONE LEE WRIGHT

Big well done Lee  Image a good move going to the darkside Mate and I hope it continues but its too late for me !!!!! Not many years left of the river game now !!!!!!!!

I think your right choppy i have never heard as much anti river fishing as i have in the last three weeks on the trent .but how can blame them ive wasted at least £300 quid for a lost barbel and a dace in the matches and practicing not much better 2 skimmers and 2 bites and 1 bream a skimmer plus a 6oz chub is not a good reward concidering the gear you've had to buy just for the job  >:( >:( >:( >:(
i really don't know which way to go Image Image i'm pretty sure i'l be spending more time on the canals and defo the king of the fens next year but rivers there a no no until at least september  :-/ :-/ :-/
NoCarpPlease
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

WELL DONE LEE WRIGHT

Unread post by NoCarpPlease »

Joff - as a resolute river angler, the start to this season does seem to have been unaccountably bad in most places.
Following on from a really awful winter for catches I'm starting to lose enthusiasm myself ..... almost not looking forward to 3 days off next week to fish the Barford festival.

Admire the top guys on the dark side, but won't be going there myself!
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

WELL DONE LEE WRIGHT

your right rivers have never been brilliant at the start of any new season and lets be about right we have only had 4 week at a low clear river perhaps its me it seams like we are 3 months into the new season
but i must say talking o bill and there canal scene 60 70 peggers most weekends and plenty of fish being caught makes you think 50 miles its worth it Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

WELL DONE LEE WRIGHT

i wonder if the Trentman are having a go at the commercial national they have a good commercial team now
NoCarpPlease
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

WELL DONE LEE WRIGHT

Unread post by NoCarpPlease »

with my background I might even be able to compete on the narrow canals .... but memories are short - 2007 to 2011 were my best ever years for consistent good catches on the rivers ...... regularly 8 pound plus - which I class as a decent day.
We've still got a reasonable circuit within an hour or so drive from Me
Warks Avon (Barford or Evesham)
Upper Great Ouse (Olney, Kempston, Radwell)
Burton
Stourport

I don't mind fishing 20 peggers if the fishing is decent (although it ain't like the old days :-) )
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

WELL DONE LEE WRIGHT

Too many anglers make a name fishing 20peggers in the old days that would of been a section Image
leeben1
Match Team/ Club: sensas MAS
Sponsor: sensas MAS

WELL DONE LEE WRIGHT

Unread post by leeben1 »

dont give up guys,commies are good when you need a lift and the silver sport can be great in winter,but imagine only fishing a pond with carp in for the rest of your days Image
Pedro
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

WELL DONE LEE WRIGHT

Unread post by Pedro »

i wonder if the Trentman are having a go at the commercial national they have a good commercial team now

Rumers are Stainy are avin a stab at div2  commie national........what wiv it being held on their own back doorstep  :-/

C'mon guyzzz..chop chop.....times a tickin...

Someone get a grip  Image
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Match Team/ Club: Stainy angling centre
Sponsor: Open to offers!!!

WELL DONE LEE WRIGHT

Unread post by big_cup »

Rumers are Stainy are avin a stab at div2  commie national........what wiv it being held on their own back doorstep  :-/

C'mon guyzzz..chop chop.....times a  tickin...

Someone get a grip  Image

We are all awaiting the fat controller Pedro Image Image Image

Said back doorstep produced some big weights today, 167lb to win and 12 broke 130lb, not sure how many broke the ton. And all with less than a fivers worth of pellet/corn and meat, 50yrd walk max................................. I'll let you do the maths why so many change to the darkside? :-/ :-/ Image
Just cant get a draw :facepalm :facepalm