If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

WINTER LEAGUE FINAL

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

WINTER LEAGUE FINAL

Unread post by joffmiester »

Well Who's going to win this years winter league final i personally think this could be a real loose cannon. Its there for the taking yes its a method water but the way it is fishing and the tide charts are anything can happen. Twelve of the best teams in the country are all scratching there heads .the banter and the stories are all coming out you know the one's i mean .can't get a bite,not had a bite on the float or pole :D :D everyoneis winding up each other so don't tell me its not important .Each team wants to win it and looking at the teams this year there are a few really good river teams in it ;) ;)
1 TEAM DORKING
2 PRESTON DELCAC
3 PRESTON THATCHERS
4 GARBOLINO OSSETT
5 DRENNAN NORTH WEST
6 LEICESTER SENSAS
7 MAVER MIDLANDS
8 CHAMBERS CHAMPS
9 BROWNING QUAKER
10 KAMASAN STARLETS
11 GARBOLINO BLACKHORSE
12 DRENNAN BANBURY GUNSMITH

Quiet a line up
the sections to be fished are
BESTHORPE
LAUGHTERTON
SOUTH CLIFTON
NORTH CLIFTON
so who do you think is in with the best chances of winning or name your top three even better Image
mark2459

WINTER LEAGUE FINAL

Unread post by mark2459 »

impossible to name the top three the way the river is at the moment, its anyones this year....
come on LEICESTER SENSAS Image Image Image Image Image
Mancunian

WINTER LEAGUE FINAL

Unread post by Mancunian »

Joff, I wouldn't bet against the 2 major teams Dorkiing and Starlets being in the top 3 with Leicester or Maver Midlands as the other contenders. Do you agree?
sutty

WINTER LEAGUE FINAL

Unread post by sutty »

after fishing practise matches itll be the team that know where to fish to catch the few fish that r in the water,chuck yer feeder in wrong spot n it wont go round.i think ossett r he dark horses who r putting plenty of practise in too Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

WINTER LEAGUE FINAL

Joff, I wouldn't bet against the 2 major teams Dorkiing and Starlets being in the top 3 with Leicester or Maver Midlands as the other contenders. Do you agree?

You can never bet against the big boys we've put in a fair few hours ourselves starting with walking the bank before the season start just to get a picture of how the river picks up pace and the deeper runs we also have a top angler helping in roger wakenshaw how knows it like the back of his hand
But lets not forget how hard it's fishing and sutty is bang on the only thing I would add is there are a lot of pegs that are devoid of fish the fish just don't want to stay in these pegs
We have fished one or two areas and the same pegs have blanked ???? Why I can't answer why
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Midlands

WINTER LEAGUE FINAL

Unread post by lloydy »

Someone give me a price on Starlets, can't see anyone beating them.
Chris V
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

WINTER LEAGUE FINAL

Unread post by Chris V »

Are you having a bubble bath lloydy?? Dorking will yellow stream it :'( :'( same old same old.
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

WINTER LEAGUE FINAL

Unread post by bill yards »

Got to be Dorking, proven form

Joff's lot

Browning Quaker (very used to that type of fishing).

Garbolino Ossett...............perm any three from four Image

Even bigger certainty than Dorking, our local boys to get a medal out of the Junior National at TBF tomorrow.

The thought of the sight of Lloydy in a bubble bath makes me cringe Image Image Image Image
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

WINTER LEAGUE FINAL

Unread post by lloydy »

Are you having a bubble bath lloydy?? Dorking will yellow stream it :'( :'( same old same old.

We'll see shandy, couldn't beat them on the national on there 2 years ago
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

WINTER LEAGUE FINAL

Yep the two big boys will take some beating ChrisV even though Dorking have not practiced yet
both teams will have numbers on the bank next week its not about the money for these two
i'd of liked to of had two or three days up there this week but most team members can't give that sort commitment anymore due to work commitments :-/ :-/ :-/ still we will give it our all come the day Image
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

WINTER LEAGUE FINAL

Unread post by lloydy »

People saying that cus it's hard it will be more of a lottery but I think it just means the best river anglers will catch a fish off the bad pegs
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

WINTER LEAGUE FINAL

"I have looked through the tide tables for the year, and from what I can see, the Angling Trust has chosen the most difficult tide of the year for this year's Winter League Final."

These were the stark words of River Trent match organiser, and Dynamite and Shimano-backed ace, Alan Henry in the run-up to this year's Winter League Final on the Tidal River Trent. The match is taking place on the North and South Clifton, Laughterton and Besthorpe stretches of the river next Saturday, July 6th.

Alan explained: "The tide will top at 9.35am at Laughterton, meaning the river will be running off all day. The matches in the run-up to the final have been tough, with 20lb a winning weight, and one fish of 6lb or more is likely to mean very good points on the day.

The main method worth considering is going to be a groundbait feeder, with worm, caster or maggot hook baits – although on noted barbel pegs, a blockend feeder will work well. For small fish, a chopped worm and caster line on the pole is also worth considering, although this doesn't work everywhere.

Because it is such a strange tide, it is difficult to say where the fish are going to show from – though I am sure that just one bream or barbel of 6lb or more will be worth mega points on the day.

Along with the rest of the lads from Lincoln DAA, and the Scunthorpe Club that own the rest of the water that is going to be used, we will do out best to put people on fish – and be more than happy to help if you want to pick our brains on the morning."

The final practice match of the season takes place this Sunday, June 30th.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

WINTER LEAGUE FINAL

lloydy if you draw the shallows i don't care who you are you ain't going to catch hopefully they are looking at this tide and won't put the shallows in its a real shame as when its on form its great
anglers talking about taking squatts to catch a fish  Image Imagenot on this tide
sutty

WINTER LEAGUE FINAL

Unread post by sutty »

they have always picked the day it runs off all day for the stick float anglers of time gone by,it aint what it used to be the fish seem to be in the deeper runs now dunno if its with the cormorants flying by all day so they don't see their shadows dunno?
sven
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Eclipse
Sponsor: Gudgeon

WINTER LEAGUE FINAL

Unread post by sven »

ossett, leicester, dorking thats my 3
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

WINTER LEAGUE FINAL

ossett, leicester, dorking thats my 3

Oyyyyyyyy you bin looking at my crappity smack crappity smack list Image Image Image Image
sven
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Eclipse
Sponsor: Gudgeon

WINTER LEAGUE FINAL

Unread post by sven »

Yep bin looking at yours bill hows the fuzzy hair doin Image
lloydy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

WINTER LEAGUE FINAL

Unread post by lloydy »

I drew in the middle of south Clifton last Saturday, one of the shallowest bits on there
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

WINTER LEAGUE FINAL

and Image Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

WINTER LEAGUE FINAL

[quote]Even bigger certainty than Dorking, our local boys to get a medal out of the Junior National at TBF tomorrow.

So near, tied on points with Milo Bordon; ended up with silver, - on weight.

Brilliant effort, well done the boyz, could hardly have done any more, Milo Bordon are a right good side Image Image Image Image