If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Jailed for cheating

Anyone can chat about anything non fishing related...
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Jailed for cheating

Unread post by joffmiester »

Judge gives 72 year old a 7 day sentence.
A 72-year-old fisherman from Fish Hook in Minnesota, USA, has been sentenced to a week in prison, after being convicted of defrauding the organisers of a £6,000 angling contest.

Tom Mead won the bounty, after sneaking two fish from a different lake into his boat, then weighing them in and attempting to claim the prize. Fortunately, Meads actions were observed - and he was swiftly brought to justice.

"What can I say? I got caught," he reportedly told a police officer. "God told me not to do it but I did it anyway."

Competitors in the contest, known as the Park Rapids American Legion Community Fishing Derby, jeered as Mead was lead away, shouting 'cheater! cheater!

Sentencing, Judge Robert Tiffany blasted "Your conduct had a major impact, on the tournament, I hope you realize the seriousness of your conduct."

Judge Tiffany then added an extra helping of guilt, saying that Mead's cheating "takes the enjoyment and joy out of it for those who bring their kids."

Mead has now lost his hunting and fishing license for two years, and is banned from any fishing contests for four years.

makes you think this sort of action should be dished out over hear

mind-you i'm on route to the fishmongers to get the team a few KGs of flouders ready for the tidal trent Image Image