If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

back shot

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

back shot

Unread post by joffmiester »

reading alans article on lindholme lakes fishing for F1s [match fishing]i noticed he uses three back shots .for sometime now i've used two to three shot as back shot on my hemp rigs and found that it tangles more with shot than it does with styles i've even tryed using thicker line above the float this works well when using the wind for movement if you only use one big shot your in real trouble with tangles what do you think on this Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

back shot

Unread post by Dodge »

Personaly i think alans rig with 3 back shot is over complicating things and asking for trouble with tangles etc..... i favour a single no10 shot 2ins above the float tip when bread/hemp fishing in blustery conditions joff Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

back shot

i know what your saying he is using about 18in from pole to float as for my hemp rigs i can have upto 3 to 5 foot of line it makes hell of a differents in presentation but of course i'm talking about rivers and canals my be not so much line on a canal rig Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

back shot

Unread post by Dodge »

For F1s i sometimes use as little as 2 ins between float and pole tip.....where allowed of course ;) Image
endpeg
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

back shot

Unread post by endpeg »

Been using three spread-out No12s above the float on canal rigs quite a bit the last few months and its worked well or me. Leadcore leaders also work unbelievably well on windy commercials. Got a little feature on them in next month's MF...
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

back shot

Unread post by Dodge »

The pegs i draw i wouldnt even catch with Taypots rigs Image Image Image :D
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

back shot

Unread post by Woodhouse »

On the Walsall cut in summer i use more shot above the float than below it!

Where i was watching the Winter league semi Lee Richmond (undoubtably match of the match) was using a back shop about 18 inches away from his float, for some reason it was painted orange.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

back shot

Unread post by TK »

This topic has preempted a few questions I was going to email to MF this week - provoked by the conditions and particularly after seeing you swing in fish on Sunday Chockie Munster.

You certainly seemed to be 'long lining' it from where I was, but correct me if I'm wrong

As well as
a) the length of line between float and tip in windy conditions, my questions were to include
b) the placing of the backshot,
c) size of shot in differing conditions,
d) whether there was a ratio relationship between the amount of backshot to that removed from below the float and
e)whether this differed if the shot was held above water level or not

Image Image Image Image Image
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

back shot

Unread post by Woodhouse »

TK...because i use braid and not a bung i tend to use top threes for all my canal fishing so use a long line. it also helps to speed things up and doesn't tangle easily.

One exception is when fishing under trees or very shallow water up rat holes.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

back shot

Image Imageorange back shot Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

back shot

Unread post by TK »

For visibility Image
adrian_nicholas

back shot

Unread post by adrian_nicholas »

i've found a no.10 0r 11 about an inch from tip and a l0 below rig loop works and keeps the line from catching on pole tip in facing winds.also trying Alan's 3 shot at moment . have found the you can 'cheat' at pole dotting by moving an extra shot in water but seems to work in certain back winds or calm better,imo. however ,maybe on skimmers this could actually work against you on those iffy bites