If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Colemans Cottage Woods lake 8th June 2013

Marsh Results and Reports.

Moderator: Spamwham

Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Unread post by Dave C »

Well that was a funny old day. I had expected another warm sunny day and find the carp still spawning, but we were greeted by clouds and a cold wind across the lake. Fortunately I drew peg 11 with the wind over my shoulder and was grateful not to be sitting opposite with the wind blowing in.
Clive and John were over the far side but tucked round the corner out of the wind and were able to have a good couple of hours sunbathing time later on. ImageNext time John keep your top on its not a nice sight. Image Image Image
Gerry had said that most of the carp had spawned on Friday and there were only a few still at it, so we didnt have to contend with that. The early pegs proved to be a bit on the hard side and I suspect that had something to do with them being sheltered and flat calm while the better weights came from the far end where there was a good ripple.

There were a couple of PB match weights for Jim Boase and Tom Exell and a first for me as I had to put an extra net in as my Silvers net threatened to exceed the net limit. I had over 71lb of silvers with 2 skimmers a few roach and the rest barbel.  Image Image

We will leave Simon to tell the story of his number 6 and 7 sections.  Image Image

SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by SiDev »

What can I say......the water temperature and depth needed careful checking albeit during and after the match. Thanks to Gerry's grapple hooks a very expensive day was averted, although I do appear to have a tad of a chill today Image Image....apologies to Jean for having to see my near naked state :D ...other than all that was a hard couple of hours but once restricted by a lack of 6 and 7 sections I actually found a steady run of fish, all a bit smallish but helped in my efforts to warm up!..well done to Pete on the win Image....oh and a message for my brother.....yes you helped get 250 quids worth of sections back for me but a pound is a pound fella!!!....oh and congrats to the PB boys.....erm Gino, looks like Toms the main Exell now Image Image
john_holdsworth
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by john_holdsworth »

the main question si what was Gino's performance like in his show? Image Image
Also got some good pictures of you doing catfish fishing by hand i will try to get them on here. Image
tom240589
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by tom240589 »

Si I totally agree, looks like he'll have to try and keep up with me know.....oh how the tables have turned :)
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by SiDev »

Hillbilly fishing...all the rage John!!?....and yep, Gino may have to stick to the acting.....although playing a copper isn't exactly taxing Image Image.....
tom240589
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by tom240589 »

Hillbilly fishing...all the rage John!!?....and yep, Gino may have to stick to the acting.....although playing a copper isn't exactly taxing Image Image.....

It is very taxing Si.........the donuts and kebabs won't eat themsleves :)
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

naughtycockney
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by naughtycockney »

One good session by my son and I'm written off, I'll be back.
Funny how my spare 5&6 section were of major interest when Si's was in the lake!!!!!
Glad you all had a good day, Am Dram went well, its not easy method acting you know!!!!!
More important then all that, who won the Ladies national and were they impressed by the half naked swimming!!!
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

Dont tell Keith but the Sunday match on Woods was won by Danny Grimsey with 185lb 8oz from peg 3. Image Image
keith
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Did I say 30lb
Sponsor: GOT Baits

Unread post by keith »

Dont tell Keith but the Sunday match on Woods was won by  Danny Grimsey  with 185lb 8oz from peg 3.  Image Image

Should be it got fed enough for 3 matches let alone one
Golfs a game for people who cannot catch fish
wat2tone
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by wat2tone »

hi dave i think Si should be disqualified thats not normal fishing , he will do anything to take that pound off me. Image Image
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by SiDev »

And what pound would that be???.....spear fishing, it's the way forward Image....and Gino, to be fair once the ladies get past 18.....it appears to be a rather rapid downhill journey in the angling world ;)
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by SiDev »

It is very taxing Si.........the donuts and kebabs won't eat themsleves  :)[/quote]

Tom, after looking at the pics I may have to lay off the kebabs and donuts myself!!
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

Looks like you are in need of a Personal Trainer to get you in shape.  My son has qualified as one and is looking for clients.... I could get you the Marsh AC discount if you want. Image
Even better if you, Tony, Tom and Gino sign up you could also get a group discount. You all look as if you could do with it. Image Image
wat2tone
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by wat2tone »

cheers dave i work hard on my body its not easy eating all that food Image
and si that pound is something else i owe you Image
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by SiDev »

No need for a personal trainer as I won't be lifting more than my top two for a while.....Tony, ill add it to the list Image
naughtycockney
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by naughtycockney »

Mr C my days of the six pack have been and gone, more like a fudge pack now!!!!!!