If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Seighford Lakes- was it doom and gloom??

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Well, as Yamo posted on the upcoming matches thread, there may be a few demons to bury for some, but in general the concensus of the attending members was it "woor too shabby".  ;)
As usual, a few failed to attend without notifying TK, so I think we had about 22 at the draw, and most of those seemed to have a positive attitude about the day, but still one or two doubters. Off went Big Col and little Dead Peg to peg out, thanks fellas, while KOD and Heinzer sorted the pegs and, in TK's words "relieved the members of their hard earned coin". Image
I drew peg 11, which was permanent peg 19. It looked good, abpout 14 metres across to the island. However, the promised tropical temperatures were absent, replaced by a howling left to right cold wind, which could make the next 5 hours uncomfortable  :(. I even asked Fatty K to move one peg to his left as that would have given me a windbreak, but him being a Dingle, he refused very unpolitely)  Image Image
I had about 18" in the margins, and about 3ft out to 11 meters, where it then dropped off another foot. Fed corn to the left margin, pellet and meat to my right margin, choppie/caster at 12 metres and set up a Roach rig to fish at 5 metres with loose fed caster. 45 minutes in, I hadn't had a sniff. Heinzer to my left had about 6 caster Roach. Went out to 12 metres and missed a couple of dibs, mainly because the wind had picked up and it was backbreaking to hang on to the pole  Image.
As I hadn't had a bite on the loose fed caster line, I dumped a pot of choppie on it. After 10 minutes in the margins, I dropped in with the Roach rig with a bit of worm on and had 2 Roach. Next put in and my 5's elastic was stretched to its limit as something quite meaty took the worm. After a 10 minute struggle, a cracking Tench of about 5lb was safely netted  Image. I then decided to create a couple more choppie lines at 7 and 9 metres. This turned out to be a good move as the rest of the match saw me pick off some decent Bream and one Carp by rotating the lines and "feeding to the bites". 5 minutes from the end, Daz off the next peg came round shaking like a sh**ting dog. Whats up I ask. Cant believe whats just happened he sez. Just hooked a bloody huge carp, played it back to the top 2, and just as I went to net it, the elastic snapped at the pulla. Befor the laccie disappeared into the depths, he managed to grab it, then played the carp out with bare hands. As he got hold of the connector, he lifted it to net the carp and his line snapped  Image Image. Bye Bye Mr Carp....I nearly wet myself laughing :D. Even more so when the tale of the scales meant I beat him by 4 ounces  Image Image Image.

Anyway....heres the top 6.......
1st. Chris Dean. 23lb 15oz
2nd. Big Colin. 21lb 14oz
3rd. MrV 18lb 6oz
4th. Daz Williams 18lb 2 0z  Image
5th. Dead Peg 14lb 14oz
6th. Mike Elcock. 14lb.

TK will no doubt add the rest when he gets the full results off Chris  Image Image Image
Josh1337
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by Josh1337 »

Great read MrV!

Should we book this venue again next year? I was one of those dreading this venue, but I actually enjoyed it!

It wor as bad as I thought It was going to be. Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Should we book this venue again next year?

Thats up to TK, but personally, I quite enjoyed the venue, and the potential is there for a good, fair match. I would go again. Image
A shame the weather affected the fishing for many Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

well done MRV another good performance good weights by chris and colin
its funny on these waters were you cant get a bite on one line yet it comes a live when you change :D :D :D
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Nice one KOD Image (ps can you zap me a scan of the results pls) and thanks for the report MrV Image

Aok sounds like a few had a grueller Image Image but good to see some decent weights for others - appears par for the course on a lot of venues we fish........ fish shoal up in areas and half leave the venue requesting a repeat visit and half..........well dare I say it Image

Hadnt actually seen the venue myself (being a members request/suggestion last year that we book it) but since the match several members have advised that its a 'nice' fishery
harry911
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by harry911 »

hi tony yes it prob is a nice place but that wind was as bad as the other week ,I didn't need a float just a surf board Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

TK if you think of another away day portlands fishery near bingham Image Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

Like I said before it is very well stocked but it certainly ain't a carp water.

If you want 100 lb plus winning you are probably at the wrong venue, - it has never professed to be that Image Image Image Image

When I last fished it I had a very good day just loose feeding nine or ten maggots at a time; it took ages to get the first bite if I remember right. Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Ta for the full results KOD Image

Here's who did what and from where..........

PEG
2 MIKE E 14.0.0
3 NOT SO YOUNG NOW SHAUNIE 10.2.0
4 THE MILKY BAR KID 9.0.0
5 YAMO 2.3.0
6 DEADPEG 14.12.0
7 TRICAST62 10.9.0
8 COTTI 2.14.0
9 MGB 3.12.0
10 DAZ 18.2.0
11 MR V 18.6.0
12 ROBERTO D 3.0.0
13 BIG COL 21.14.0
14 OBI DNW
15 CHOPPYMASTER 10.10.0
16 MICK K 0.9.0
17 KOD 23.15.0
18 HARRY THE HITMAN DNW
19 BRAMBLES 5.14.0
20 PHIL B 1.5.0
21 F1 1.13.0
22 ZORRO 3.10.0
23 HEINZER 2.2.0
24 FATTY K 5.8.0
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

After 5 matches, its time for a league table update...........

CHOPPYMASTER 129
BIG COL 127
MR V 124
THE MILKY BAR KID 115
KOD 106
MIKE ELCOCK 99
TK 99
TRICAST62 98
F1 98
YAMO 97
DAZ W 92
ZORRO 91