If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

sieghford lakes

Discuss new or upcoming Cashmores Matches here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

harry911
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

sieghford lakes

Unread post by harry911 »

has anyone got any info on this place I have just seen some results and it looks like its a twin for that other place we went last time ,I hope not realy do Image
Bullah
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

sieghford lakes

Unread post by Bullah »

TK, as mentioned on the phone, I will not be attending this match, its my moms 70th birthday, having a family bbq Image
cheslynboy
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker
Personal Text: Fishing is relaxing except when on matches
Match Team/ Club: Rough Hay A C

sieghford lakes

Unread post by cheslynboy »

Good luck if you are going to this dump we cancelled our match there as when we fished it only 3 people caught fish and the other club that was fishing the same pool had the same result
its been flooded that many times the fish are now on there way to penkridge via the river .
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

sieghford lakes

Unread post by MrV »

Had a walk round there today. Nobody fishing Image Spoke to someone at he fishery who said it had recently been netted, as there has been worries over weights and apparently it has loads of fish in there (also confirmed by another site member today). Only bait bans are floating baits. Park behind most pegs. Canal gear at the ready Image Image Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

sieghford lakes

Unread post by TK »

Concerns were raised by a member or two a few weeks ago.....

However since then I learnt from one of our members that there was to be a 'stock taking' netting because of concerns that fish werent putting in an appearance.

A fortnight ago, the member reported to me that this had taken place by one of his contacts and to quote, the pool 'was stuffed', but another 2000 fish were also introduced to hopefully assist 'issues'

There was a small match on there last Wed - cold and blowing hard, making presentation etc difficult. Our member reported that some had struggled, but a couple of 20lb plus weighst had framed. Given the conditions that Wednesday, I was a little optimistic that things might pick up for our match - but I recxeived a text from another of our members who fished another match this weekend. again 20 odd lb won it, but weights tailed off with I think 14lb second.

Canal gear at the ready

MrV - you should have had it ready for the other couple of pool matches that we've fished at Moorlands and Wellfields.

Aok I've had a few moans about this one, but I also got plenty after both of those above matches - you cant please everyone all of the time. You just cant 'catch to order' - the weather is all over the place at the moment - dont think some realise what impact it does have on our sport. Plus take into account that we havent all got 3 spare pegs either side of us like what appears to happen on some of the opens I've witnessed .

Dare say if I had 'knocked this one on the head' and rescheduled it for our canal there would have also been a moan or two.......... Image ::)
Josh1337
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

sieghford lakes

Unread post by Josh1337 »

I went down last night to have a look, From last time I fished it(around 1.5yrs ago) up till last night the pool looked completely different, And I must say if I had the gear on me I would of had a dabble as it looked really inviting..

I am hoping we have a few on Saturday never the less! Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

sieghford lakes

Unread post by TK »

Good man Josh Image Hope you sort a few out - rather than just sit on the pellet or corn, fish for whatever swims ;) Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

sieghford lakes

Unread post by bill yards »

Seighford Lake are three miles from my house.

The site was originally bought by a chap from the Crewe area with a view of making it a fishery. A few pools were dug and there were quite heavily stocked, - this is many years ago. All but the odd person they were never fished for years on end.

Anyhows whilst they were digging one of the pools they came across some peat. The long shot was that there was quite a bit of money in this and lorries were going in and out of the site all day, every day for many years. The five years planning application for his fishery passed and he never renewed it as the lorries were doing their business.

Anyway the licence for digging the peat must have expired, after complaints galore from the residents about the sate of some of the roads at Doxey from all the clay off the tyres.

Phil Dixon took it over and had several restocks and is doing a really good job there. True the pools are near the river but the flooding in that area is nothing like it was due to the straightening of the River Sow and concrete banks they put in through the town. I wouldn't have thought he had lost any fish or I'm sure I would have heard or seen these trout in the Sow.

Anyway a match is a match. If 200 lb is going to win how many pegs can produce that?
On the other hand if 12 lb is going to win how many pegs can produce that? Food for thought.

And yes I have fished there; there are plenty of fish there; catching them may be another matter. Image Image Image Image 8-)
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

sieghford lakes

Unread post by TK »

Thanks for the imput Bill Image Image
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: At least I turn up & try !!

sieghford lakes

Unread post by Obi »

any spare places TK...1 Image is the same as another to me Image Image Image
harry911
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

sieghford lakes

well it looks like its quite a mixed bag of feelings about this place don't you think
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

sieghford lakes

Unread post by TK »

well it looks like its quite a mixed bag of feelings about this place don't you think

Harry - we've fished several supposed 'ton up' venues in the past,,,,,,,, and TBH with probably one exception last year, they have not have lived upto members expectations for the majority. Often a total anti climax.....
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

sieghford lakes

Unread post by TK »

any spare places TK...1  Image is the same as another to me  Image Image Image

Yep OBI - pm on its way
MICK E
Personal Text: Mike the Pike

sieghford lakes

Unread post by MICK E »

canal gear and me ready, reports seem ok ,
confidence high.is this not what fishing is about? Image
SteveB1957

sieghford lakes

Unread post by SteveB1957 »

I won't be up for fishing yet (not sorted my gear yet) but if the club needs a pair of hands to help in any way, although I am not a member or anything, I will be up for it.
Just PM me what you want me to do/contact details.etc...
Just a thought..................

Oh and no, I don't carry other guys gear, before someone tries that one on.......I ain't that daft..... :D
harry911
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

sieghford lakes

tony I am not critising anyone just seems to be a mixed bag of feelings ,,I know exactly what you mean though ,about other venues
Bullah
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

sieghford lakes

Unread post by Bullah »

I would like to add that I think TK and team do a sterling job Image, Having helped run a different club previously, the "THEY" attitude really bugs me, The people who say They should do this THEY should do that wanna try actually doing something to help. Everywhere is fishing below par at the moment, yeah, Wellfields was crap, I really struggled, but hindsight is a wonderful thing eh? I would have been attending this match had it not been, as I stated, that my Mom is 70 that weekend, and I have promised my self for family duties..... anyway, if I didn't go to her party Id get a belt round the ear, even now  Image

have fun boys, and be positive......  Image Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Sponsor: NHS

sieghford lakes

Unread post by MrV »

Positive Mental attitude boys Image Image. However tough the fishing may or may not be, its a day out in the great British countryside and weather, along with a gang of like minded individuals who enjoy the banter. Image If nothing else, and it is a struggle, then I bet anybody a full English Breakfast, that I come away learning something that will make me a better angler in future. Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

sieghford lakes

Unread post by joffmiester »

Positive Mental attitude boys  Image Image. However tough the fishing may or may not be, its a day out in the great British countryside and weather, along with a gang of like minded individuals who enjoy the banter.  Image  If nothing else, and it is a struggle, then I bet anybody a full English Breakfast, that I come away learning something that will make me a better angler in future.  Image

WELL SAID Image Image Image
SteveB1957

sieghford lakes

Unread post by SteveB1957 »

You mean you go to catch FISH! Image Image
That's a bit serious! :D
I thought it was about escaping the missus and having the crack with likewise hen pecked guys! :D :D

Perhaps i ought to join the Bird Watching forum page instead! Image