If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Curse match 4 2013 - How hard at Howards?

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Well thanks MrV for coming up with the title for this latest enthralling encounter. Image

So enthralling, that I’m struggling to find the motivation to pen owt about it........... but there were a few lessons learnt........ Image Image Image

Lesson 1. Take on board the omens. They are trying to tell you something. Today’s omen arose  when Heinzer, despite sat nav, ‘got us lost’.  Image  Lesson – stay lost !!!!  Bet Harry the Hitman – who was also ‘lost’ - wished that he’d never bumped into us round the lanes........ Image

Lesson 2. When lost, stay lost. Don’t answer the phone when HaHa kindly rings to give you directions  Image  – ignore the phone and just head back home and fish the cut - after all, the omens have ‘spoken’  Image

Lesson 3. When you fish this venue again next year, take squatt and pinkie. Image

Lesson 4. When you fish this venue again, take a cut pole complete with no 2 lackies  Image Image

Lesson 5. When fishing this venue again, start on a 24 rather than changing down to a 24 in the last hour and half.  Image Image Image

Lesson 6. When wind and rain are forecast, sod it and have another hour or two in bed  Image

In the absence of an essay of how things went, here are a couple of pictures taken before the off which will fill up a bit of space..........

Mick K, Roberto D, F1 and FK at the ‘head of the pool’. To be honest, with the prospect of the pool being stuffed with small tincas to a lb I really fancied the reeds to my left to be ‘productive’........ not just throw up micro gudgeon – 200 plus to the lb  Image

Cotti and crew to my right.........

Phil B, Big Baz, Josh, Heinzer, MrV and Harry the Hitman hiding on the ‘far bank’ – these early pictures certainly do not convey the true conditions that the match was fished in  Image Image Image   – it blew a bloody hoollie once the whistle went.  Image   Felt sorry for those across there as the wind changed later on, smack into their fizhogs  Image  – nah I daint really, just makes a change as that’s what I usually cop for  Image

So 5 hours later, onto the tale of the scales..........

PEG
1 BIG COL 2.7.9
2 PHIL B 0.14.0
3 BIG BAZ 1.6.9
4 THE MILKY BAR KID 4.14.0
5 HEINZER 1.1.11
6 MRV 4.15.0
7 HARRY THE HITMAN 0.2.2
8 BRAMBLES 0.7.1
9 DEAD PEG 1.3.0
10 MIKE E 1.3.0
11 DAZ W 3.0.0
12 ZORRO 3.4.0
13 BULLAH 0.5.5
14 HAHA 1.13.8
15 CHOPPYMASTER 5.3.7
16 TRICAST62 4.4.0
17 YAMO 3.0.0
18 MGB 0.9.0
19 COTTI 1.3.5
20 TK 2.3.0
21 MICK K 1.0.5
22 ROBERTO D 2.15.0
23 F! 1.0.0
24 FATTY K 4.8.0
25 KOD 3.6.6

Aint you glad you missed that grueller Gudgeon Basher  Image

Choppymaster clocks up win no 2 so far out the first 4 matches of this series, and breezed through into the next round of the knockout – talking of which, here’s who went through to the final 8

Choppymaster 5.3.7
MrV 4.14.0
Josh 4.14.0
Tricast62 4.4.0
KOD 3.6.6
Zorro 3..4.0
Yamo 3.0.0
Roberto D 2.15.0

And here’s who bit the dust in the knockout........ah well, there’s always next year  :'(

Big Col 2.7.9
TK 2.3.0
Big Baz 1.6.9
Mike E 1.3.0
F1 1.0.0
Phil B 0.13.0
Bullah 0.5.5
Harry the Hitman 0.2.2

Here endeth the lesson............it can’t get any worse in 2013, can it.....................?  Image Image Image

One last parting observation  Image Image Image   - Cashmores history was made on this day........... Image Image Image - it will be long etched into the memories of those members who fished this match

Fatty K never went for walkabouts today  Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

Image Image Image great write up i can't get my breath Image Imageyou poor poor anglers you should be sponsored by kleenex Image Image Image Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

looks a nice lake though :-/
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

you poor poor anglers you should be sponsored by kleenex

Not half Joffie - KOD was telling me when his club fished it they averaged 10lb of silvers a man Image Just dont what we've done to deserve it Image - one of our members must have shot yet another albatross on the way to the pool Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Great write up TK. Just about summed up everyones feelings. I think we had all 4 seasons in 5 hours...I even jumped in the back of my van for 5 minutes to thaw out and have a coffee  Image Image. I think the reason FK didn't get off his box all day was obvious to Daz, Dead peg and me. FK phoned me on Thursday night to see if he could follow us. No probs, so arranged to meet Dead peg and FK at Telford services on M54. Arrive there to find DP sitting in his van alone. "Wheres FK" I ask Where do you think sez DP. Apparently they had gone for breakfast at the truck stop in Cannock where FK managed a full English, and a dump. On arriving at Telford services, he had to go for another dump. 5 minutes before we met up he had to go for his 3rd dump in an hour  Image Image. On returning to the van, and much aggro, he dropped his kex and sat on DP's bonnet  Image I think he was afraid to lift his arris off his box in case he crapped himself  Image Image
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by TRICAST62 »

Mr V wrote Image Image Image  he was afraid to lift his arris off his box in case he crapped himself  Image Image[/quote]
absolute brill bruv thought it were strange him stayin put  Image Image Image
brill read boss as always  Image Image
harry911
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by harry911 »

well put tony i would comitt suicide drather than fish that dump ever again Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

well put tony i would comitt suicide drather than fish that  dump ever again Image

Image - ah well Harry - we gave it a go ;)
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

One positive - no humungus list of rules and we were left to get on with it rather than have the owner breathing down your neck all day.........
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by TRICAST62 »

one more plus.It had good depth of water in
where other venues that thee,s fished have not so that may be why it were harder to find fish they had some water to escape into Image Image Image Image

Unread post by Guest »

Needs some carp and f1s oh and some fish in general lol ;) Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

After plumbing up I really fancied it for some Roach and skimmers.  :D  There wasnt much of a shelf. just a gradual slope down from 3 foot to about 7 foot in the middle. Had most of my fish cupping in fairly big bits of choppy, and fishing a full worm on the hook to deter the micro gobies  Image
Well done Lee, another top performance in hard conditions mate  Image Image

Unread post by Guest »

Thanks Mr V had most of mine bar a few on switching between single and red maggy over micros at 8m the other came on corn skin just off the shelf which on our side was about 6inches a deff drop off then as you say it graduated out to 7 foot ish  I'd fed corn and micro there but also picked up on maggot there too.it was a hard day mate didn't fancy it at all! Felt for you lot with that howler comin at ya!
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

I hadnt got 7 foot Image Image Image
paul_brown
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by paul_brown »

Hope Island Pool fishes better when I go there.

Anyone know if this pool fishes any "easier" than Howards?? Image Image Image Image Image

Or am I in for a Image Image Image Image Image Image
paul_brown
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by paul_brown »

Sounds as tho the fishing gods were avin a right old laff at u all Image Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Sorry G B - cant help.......first time visit to the fishery for me