If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Curse match 3 2013 - Chopping along.......

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

or it could have been entitled 'A tale of two sides'  :-/

Aok guys, I know you are all dead eager to see the full results of this latest thrilling encounter,  ::)  so without further delay, lets get on with it.  Image

The venue was Silver Pool at Moorlands – a fishery that the club had visited previously, but before I joined it back in the early 90s

I’d personally never fished it and had never actually seen the water until the morn of the match, but had gleamed that it was supposedly 5-6ft deep and all permitted baits would score – with pellet being the killer bait. Image

So for those reading this not au fait with the pool – here’s a snip of it from google maps

46 pegs I believe, fortunately the fishery hadn’t another club booking on it so we could spread out a tad........

Just ten minutes before arriving with new travelling partner F K, the expected turnout of 24 was ‘decimated’ when I took a call from MGB advising that he, along with Mick K would be missing it as they’d broken down just before getting on the motorway at junction 10 Image

Quite a few members were milling around, or in the cafe, as first KOD relieved them of subs for the day, followed by Big Baz who was relieving them of a bit more bish bosh for his footie card.  :D

With a chilly wind, following the overnight frost, members were milling around eagerly for the draw. It was 2 minutes to 9, nobody extra would be turning up now, would they?  Image  So the draw commenced and half way through it an alarmed Bullah who was concerned whether a peg was in the hat for him, Image   rolled up..........obviously enjoys his lie in a bit more than me Image

I hadn’t got a clue about the pegging – HaHa had sorted us out, Image and as we ended up with 2 balls in the bag, that drawing machine, KOD, pulled out the golden peg for the 2nd match running and I was left on 21.

Good thing – it made things a tad easier unloading, as FK wasn’t a million miles away on peg 17.......

Golden Balls who was fishing the open there, popped to see me and gave a bit of advice. Image

Only problem it was blowing a hoolly down the pool and the water was cold adding to my concerns when I plumbed up and found probably less than a foot in the margins I was to focus on later and I also struggled to find 3ft, having to go longer than I wished to do so......

Half a dozen differing rigs set up and the whistle goes. Lines fed and a look first on the top 3 to hand....... Image

A gonk, followed by a few more, but it was slow. A look on the two longer lines on ‘crap’ bait, produced only one indication on a small piece of meat. :(

I reverted to the top 3 to hand and picked up a few more bits, then a couple of bonus 1lb fish. Being Billy No Mates, I couldn’t see a lot, but got the vibes that not a lot was happening.

Another bonus 1lb fish foul hooked followed on another look on the pole lie and with an hour in I wasn’t fairing too   bad ........probably got getting on for 5lb  Image

Then disaster........... Image  Image

KOD mark 2 Image   rolled up............ ‘Who’s that?’ I can hear you think.

Well the RAC had sorted out MGB and he pulled up and popped down the bank to me to see whether he and Mick could drop in between myself and FK.

Aok I hadn’t got a problem – we couldn’t ‘draw’ them a peg now, so thats what happened. Only problem, MGB must have been wearing his cormorant aftershave or summat similar, Image   cuss after he left me to set up, I couldn’t buy a bite for the next hour.  Image  Just to rub salt into the wound, having set up, he slung out his wag and snared a crappie first put in  Image  and Mick K started to put a few together whilst me and FK sat biteless. Image

Anyway, I’ve had enough of this waffle, even if you haven’t. Image

So time for a pickie – in a lull between the wind and the showers here’s a snap of my chilly looking margin that I was gunna bag up from.  ::)

Only I didn’t  :'(  – after nurturing it for 4 hours, two looks on it produced two instant bites........ 8-)

From crayfish  Image

Nearly opposite me, Rich C and Big Col had reeled my early start back and were having plenty of 6 ouncers a piece  – yep 6 ouncers...........well thats what they expected me to believe ::)

With everyone else bagging on the opposite bank further on down the pool  Image

I wheedled a few out in the last hour back on the top3, the whistle went and shortly after, KOD, Josh and the ‘gaffer’ rolled along with the scales...............and this is how it panned out

PEG
2 PHIL B 6.10.0
5 BULLAH 4.14.0
6 THE MILKY BAR KID 10.12.0
8 ZORRO 3.14.0
9 MR V 8.8.0
12 DAZ 12.14.0
14 BLUES4EVA 14.4.0
15 BIG GEOFF 20.14.0
17 FATTY K DRY
19 MICK K 6.10.0
20 MGB 3.10.0
21 T K 24.12.0
23 THE OTHER SIDE OF THE POOL
26 RICH C 29.3.0
27 BIG COL 30.8.0
29 COTTI 8.14.0
30 BRAMBLES 8.3.0
32 YAMO 13.12.0
35 TRICAST62 22.3.0
36 BIG BAZ 16.8.0
38 HAHA 26.9.0
39 KOD 20.12.0
41 MIKE E 11.3.0
44 CHOPPYMASTER 34.10.0
46 F 1 11.11.0

So Choppymaster was victor on the day  Image and in the process also has his hands at the moment on the ‘heaviest fish of the season’ trophy with a bonus lump which went 10 – 7 - 0  Image......... on yellow pellet  Image 
paul_brown
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by paul_brown »

Is that someone drowning emselves in the picture ?????? Image Image Image Image Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Moorlands Farm
Bank, Moors & Island Pools (30 pegs)
Result: 1 W Mellings, Maver Midlands, 150-1-0; 2 C Pace, Colin Pace Academy, 108-4-0; 3 M Churchill, Moorlands, 102-0-0.

Makes a bit of a difference when you only have 10 anglers on each pool  Image Image Image Image Image
Bullah
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by Bullah »

IF and I stress IF the results are 100% truthful, now whats that strange smell?? .......dog.... cat ...... BULL ........... I can always tell when a fishery owner is fibbing about the results...... their crappity smacking lips move !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D
PS if Zorro was on peg 3 how come he sat on peg 7??? peg 3 (&4) were both empty, I was on 5 , josh on 6............
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by kod »

PS if Zorro was on peg 3 how come he sat on peg 7??? peg 3 (&4) were both empty, I was on 5 , josh on 6............
Having checked the match sheet looks like Tk has had a senior moment :D :D :D
Zorro was drawn on peg 8 Image Image

probably blame the scan I sent him now Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Having checked the match sheet looks like Tk has had a senior moment

Image at 200% zoom it looks like a 3.......... aok at 500% you can make out its really an 8 Image

I'll amend it above Image
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by TRICAST62 »

a boss baz were sat on 36 an all Image Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

a boss baz were sat on 36 an all  Image Image Image

KOD needs some calligraphy practice :D Still looks more like a 4 instead of a 6 at 800% zoom Image

Aok altered again.

Anymore for any more Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

KOD needs some calligraphy practice

Gorra be careful what I say....... Image Image Image

On the next match he might shove the clipboard where the sun dont shine Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

I know........ Image Image Image

Lets all blame The Milky Bar Kid instead for smudging the result sheet when he weighed in Image
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

Tk thanks for booking this venue, it's just a shame weather conditions spoilt the fishing. I'd like to go back so we could see the true potential of the place price of pellets was v reasonable too.
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by MrV »

Lets all blame The Milky Bar Kid instead for smudging the result sheet when he weighed in

I think he was dribbling with excitement at drawing the scales Image Image Image Image
Josh1337
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by Josh1337 »

Lets all blame The Milky Bar Kid instead for smudging the result sheet when he weighed in   

I think he was dribbling with excitement at drawing the scales  Image Image Image Image

I was forced to weigh in by KOD! Image

Image Image
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by kod »

I was forced to weigh in by KOD!
Got to start training the young one early cause us old ones can't do it forever :D :D
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by MrV »

I was forced to weigh in by KOD

You got to watch these Dingles mate with young lads near water..... Image Image Image Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

I was forced to weigh in by KOD!
Got to start training the young one early cause us old ones can't do it forever :D :D

Spot on KOD - it didnt go unnoticed on Sat that you

a) collected the subs
b) did the draw
c) got soaked doing all the weigh in

and then after all that, knock up the league result sheets for us all

Cheers Image Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by MrV »

Spot on KOD - it didnt go unnoticed on Sat that you

a) collected the subs
b) did the draw
c) got soaked doing all the weigh in

and then after all that, knock up the league result sheets for us all

Cheers

After that flannel, I presume TK wants you to do it again next match Chris Image Image Image Image Image
Josh1337
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by Josh1337 »

I went there today with my brother, Fished silver pool and bagged up all day.. :D

Need this venue definatly booking again next year! Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

With 3 matches gone, time for a league table 'update' - thanks to KOD  Image

MEMBER POINTS
TK 80
BIG COL 78
CHOPPYMASTER 75
F1 74
MRV 67
JOSH 65
BIG BAZ 63
MIKE E 59
YAMO 59
COTTI 57
BULLAH 52
KOD 51
BRAMBLES 49
TRICAST62 49
ZORRO 49
HAHA 44
DAZ W 42
HARRY THE HITMAN 34
PHIL B 30
RICH C 28
HEINZER 28
BIG GEOFF 24
ROBERTO D 20
MICK K 13
MGB 9
FATTY K 5
TOMMY COOPER -
DEAD PEG -
LASHER -
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

just remember TK its not a Sprint but a marathon take it easy Image Image Image