If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Suggested Venue for Next Year

Marsh Club Banter.

Moderator: Spamwham

grahammanning
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by grahammanning »

Dave,

I fished the canal lake at Millbarn fishery yesterday. I fished for 4 hours and reckon I had a weight of around 50lbs. Mainly 2-3lb. bream (which I was targeting) but also got some carp, tench and perch. Towards the end carp were also feeding in the margins.

I got this weight even though there was a match going on when I arrived. I still think this would be a good venue for a match as, if enough of us, we can book the whole lake.

What do you think?
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Unread post by Dave C »

Personally Graham not a lot. I did visit the main complex with Colin some time ago and took a walk round the canal and although the Baliff and another day ticket angler were catching carp by the bridge on floating bread neither of us was impressed with the lake and both of us decided to have a day fishing the doughnut instead.
Added to that the very long journey for quite a few of the members and Im not convinced its a venue for the club. However as I said thats my personal opinion and should enough of you want to go there I will try and book it.