If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Hartleylands Farm Nicks Lake 20th April 2013

Marsh Results and Reports.

Moderator: Spamwham

Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Unread post by Dave C »

That wasnt a bad day to start my season off with. The weather was pretty good and warm at the far end of the lake out of the wind. However I really didnt want a draw 2, 4 or 37. So following TKs usual proceedure, I as expected drew peg 37 with a coldish wind blowing into my face. Clive was in peg 2 and Rod had drawn peg 35 with 36 not in so I at least had an angled chuck to the island. 
The Milton Keynes Massive had drawn next to each other on flyer pegs 8 and 9 so the battle for the golden nugget would be hard fought.
I decided that I would start on the method which considering my 6 month break and the fact I rarely fish with a rod could very easily cause some amusement for those around me. After an hour I had 6 fish for around 10lb but wasnt really enjoying it when I saw Cive had switched to the margins and had nicked a couple of fish. I put the feeder up the bank, finished setting up a margin rig and dropped a double maggot over the pellet I fed earlier and within 10 seconds I was pklaying a 3lb carp. I could see Clive watching me as I landed it, with a look of appreciation on an excellant piece of angling skill, or thats what  took his expression to mean though I may have been mistaken.Image
Around half way through I took a walk round and found a very frustrated Keith struggling for bites while his arch rival Mick on the next peg catching one a chuck on his favoured short pole and meat. Graham was on peg 18 a swim, I would love to draw but have never got anywhere near it, and was doing well. John reported he had caught a big barbel plus a 2lb plus perch while Kevin reported 25 fish and did try to kid us they were all carp.
Back at my peg I continued to catch but now using triple dead red maggots as bait and feeding dead maggot with a few 4mm pellet with a kinder cup, hooking my final fish just before the whistle.
So to the tale of the scales. Johns barbel went 8lb 12 oz and is known as the biggest of the very few in the lake. mick took the Milton Keynes pound easily

Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Happily retired.
Match Team/ Club: Maggotdrowning.com
Sponsor: Taxpayers.

Unread post by Mugger »

[move]Whooooooooooooooosh  Image[/move]

The Chairman strikes back.  Image
:cheerleader :cheerleader Watch out, watch out, there's a Mugger about :cheerleader :cheerleader
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by SiDev »

Indeed he does, although his approx weight reliability was 20lb light Image
mickthechippy

Unread post by mickthechippy »

Another very enjoyable day in your company, thanks for the invite

I learnt a few norf of the river swear words today

as I was on peg 7, i will leave the reader to guess the "origin"

thanks again,
john_holdsworth
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by john_holdsworth »

Like Si,s weight he said his was approx 32lb all his carp were small Image
Turned out to be a good day fishing bearing in mind the ground frost in the morning Image.
Well done dave on your weight no wonder you couldn't help with the weighting at the end you looked knackered Image.
I'm just happy with the barbel
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by SiDev »

I'm just happy with the barbel

John that was a stunning fish....did the pics turn out okay?....gonna pop one up on here?....
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

We need pictures John. Im sure Keith wouldnt mind borrowing one for his blog.
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by SiDev »

Got this from my bro  Image
naughtycockney
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by naughtycockney »

Excellent days fishing, with good company thrown in.
Picked a lovely peg with the corner of the island available to me as well and two lovely looking margins, which I didnt test very poor of me :'(.

Started on the method which produced a few small skimmers for me, but still havent mastered the art of method mix, if I could have dipped my head into my swim and used the method mix that had fallen into my hair on each cast I may have caught some more fish :), second lesson learnt

Got sucked into the long pole at 7m because I was catching regular fish, but a bit small. Another lesson learnt today, move around and test all areas.

My eldest Tom had a great time for his first outing this year, however, need to speak to his parents about the foul words that sometimes left his mouth when casting into the island a couple of times, hang about like father like son!!!!!

Best result didnt break anything and I could leave my box without the help of the scaffolding builders to dismantle my box each time.

Looking forward to the nest outing, may be time for some practice before the next one.
naughtycockney
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Does anyone know how Al got on in his match
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

He drew peg 7 on Pathfield lake. A good peg when the wind is blowing that way, unfortunately it was blowing towards the other end. He had around 40 lb ish I think. The winner came from Copse lake the smallest lake on the complex Les Thompson with 167lb. Image
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

as well and two lovely looking margins, which I didnt test very poor of me .

Image Image Image Hartleylands nearly always produces bigger fish down the margins especially later in the match.
naughtycockney
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

thx for the update Dave, I know i should have gone to the margins, but thx again for your advice about my box, too be able to walk around and give advice and still have time to pop back to your peg and win the match, true class, well done.
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by SiDev »

Gino.....understand one thing, you can butter him up as much as you like, beat him and you're history Image Image
Clive
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by Clive »

Drew a crap peg on the Tesco bank  Image Lets hope when the store opens there's a Costa Coffee  Image
Still say we should fish the off site annex lake  Image
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

They are also going to put a fish and chip shop alongside Tescos. You should feel right at home there. Image Image Image Image Image
john_holdsworth
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by john_holdsworth »

Thanks Si for the photo Image
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by SiDev »

Pleasure.....although Tonys pic so ur lucky to find you and the fish both in the frame Image Image
al
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Unread post by al »

Well done Dave
Keith mate blew the flyer it's becoming a Bok venue for you

Looks like Dave and si are the ones to chase for the club championship this year
See you all there Al
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Unread post by Dave C »

I forgot to upload the points table so here it is. Enjoy it while you can John.