If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Curse match 2 2013........onto the Trent Misery

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Well, half way through this latest exciting Cashmores Curse match I said to Choppymaster on the next peg, ‘Well the write up for this one won’t take long, there’s nowt to report’. Image

We’d fished this venue – the T&M at Wolseley bridge a couple of years back on a MrV grueller promotion. It had been ‘difficult’ then, but we’d all had a few fish. Surely it would be ‘better’ today, with the advent of spring setting and no overnight frost to greet us - wouldn’t it? Image

19 members and two guests with obvious masochistic tendencies who seem to relish doing battle with the ‘curse’  Image were ‘up for it’. Just changing tack slightly at this point, despite us being in the digital age, it’s obviously not all it’s supposedly cracked up to be me thinks.  Image

Rewind 72 hours earlier and MrV had decided to swap sections due to the no of moored boats on the original venue. As a result, this entailed me to have to send out 19 texts and an email or two to the members to alert them of this. Some members courteously acknowledged receipt of these communications – thanks guys, you know who you are  Image – but others didn’t. ::)  As they also didn’t show up for the match I can only assume that my efforts to contact them failed and they turned up at the wrong venue............so much for that digital age. Image

Anyway back to the fishing.............or lack of it. :D  MrV had ‘sorted out’ parking for most of us in the wood – cheers MrV  Image  and on arrival with new travelling companion PhilB, he was also out trotting the towpath with Tricast pegging out. Meanwhile Big Baz was relieving the members of  a few more bob  :D   with his superpool and card to raise funds for the fur and feather match at the end of the season.

MrV & Tricast returned and advised Pegs 1 – 15 had gone in ‘east’ of the A51 with the others the west of the bridge. I secretly fancied one of those west ones, just for variety really, never ever having fished that section.

But it wasn’t to be as the draw progressed and I found myself on peg 14 two away from Cotti on the golden peg.  Big Col had fished the section the day before – not a million miles away from where I was and reported he’d only done a 1lb plus of bits. Image  So the plan was to scrat out what I could with an initial 2lb target weight...........anymore would be a bonus........whilst fully expecting the match to be won in either the ‘low’ numbers as these pegs had coughed up a few in our grueller the other year, or from the ‘unknown’ high numbers.......

I certainly didn’t fancy my peg – perhaps it used to be a feature peg a few years back before some ruthless lopping had taken place

For company I’d got Bullah to my left...........

And Choppymaster to my right

The off and lines are fed. Cotti on the golden peg is first to avoid the dreaded DNW of the anglers in view. Now I wonder what he had that roach on. Image

No sign of fish for any of us other until after 15 mins I snare a small silver with bite no 1.  Image  Choppymaster turns up the heat and snares a silver and a gonk to take the lead,  Image whilst Bullah persisted on the chop.

I thought I’d pulled level with Choppymaster on the hour mark with bite no 2 that snared a gonk.......... but then I learnt he’d got 4 Image

A few more bits were wheedled out in the next two hours but it was rock hard, apart from two bites in two put in......but then it was back to a stationary float, irrespective of which line I tried. :'(

After 3 hours Mike E trotted down to stretch his legs.............he was fairing even worse with only one gonk to show for his efforts. But he was full of confidence as he returned to his peg, convinced he was gunna have a bonus fish or two.
And low and behold, within 10 mins he was seen playing one and successfully netted a bonus lb kinver tiger to wipe us all out. :o

By now, Bullah to my left was also putting me under pressure as he’d finally managed to snatch two small kinvers on his chop. I hadn’t a clue where my next bite was coming from when choppymaster put me to the sword and snared a ‘netter’ kinver tiger as well.  Image

I’d fed, and tried the chop periodically, but hadn’t had a touch on it. So I upped the feed a tad and realizing that I wasn’t going to trouble ‘the leaders’ with a handful of gonks, decided to drag a worm about for the last hour and half. Image

And the rest is history, as all that dragging around finally resulted in one solitary bite  Image ............time marched on and it got progressively colder and was I pleased to hear PhilB blow up, despite having drawn the scales today.

Soon packed up and off I trotted with Choppymaster with the beamies. This is what we recorded as the weather decided to damp us down to boot.......

PEG
1 TRICAST62 0 - 13 - 6
2 JOSH 1 . 5. 4
3 BIG COL 1 . 6 . 9
4 MR V 0 - 9 - 12
5 ZORRO 0 - 9 - 10
6 DAZ W D N W
7 TAVERN CHAMP D N W
8 YAMO 0 - 3 - 0
9 OBI D N W
10 BIG BAZ 0 - 6 - 4
11 MIKE E 1 . 1 . 0
12 COTTI 0 - 2 - 13
13 CHOPPYMASTER 0 - 7 - 10
14 TK 2 . 1 . 14
15 BULLAH 1 . 3  . 5
16 PHIL B 0 - 6 - 5
17 HARRY911 0 - 7 - 10
18 BRAMBLES 0 - 1 - 6
19 KOD 0 - 10 - 6
20 KEITH F1 1 . 2 . 7
21 ROBERTO D 0 - 8 - 4

Well not a lot to add to a difficult day............apart from ta for the lift PhilB  Image  and another special ta for Tricast for that unexpected generosity  Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

one bite !!! you won the match TK how big was it  Image Image Image Image
must admit the lad phoned me up yesterday and i have started to miss my fishing
but they all struggled some at jcb lakes some packington so its still iffy with the weather
instead did a few more jobs around the house watched the footie and tied loads of hooks Image Image
DEAD PEG
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by DEAD PEG »

Thats it Joff,TK had a 2lb plus Kinver tiger,and Bullah muffed the shot with the camra Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

2lb Image Image Image he should be fishing fish-a-mania with that sort of luck Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

TK didn't fancy he's peg but i bet bill would of loved it now the tree has been trimmed Image Image Image Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Thats it Joff,TK had a 2lb plus Kinver tiger,and Bullah muffed the shot with the camra  Image

Image Image Image

When i saw Mike E net his 1lb'er I thought mine might go 2, but it probably went 1lb12oz+........cuss I'd got 6 more bits that went 4 - 5oz

In fact if it hadnt been for the odd perch putting in an appearance only 2 people would have broken the lb barrier - Josh and F1............ nothing was showing, just dunno where the roach got too........ Image........or the gonks come to mention it Image
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Drynet »

Well done TK Imagehad a feeling you had one this before i read it for some reason Image
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Drynet »

won Image Image
Bullah
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by Bullah »

Thats it Joff,TK had a 2lb plus Kinver tiger,and Bullah muffed the shot with the camra 
Ha ha..... guess I was practising muff shots for when I have to take your picture Jonah.... and where ya been? ay seen ya for over a year mucka  Image
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: At least I turn up & try !!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG

Unread post by Obi »

Thatt was torture....froze me nuts of for five hrs for what MAY have been 3 bites and drew between big baz..earache time :D and can't remember the blokes name the other side Image but is gettin to be the kiss of death everytime I draw next to him Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Image Image Image

Well what a difficult match that was. I really like this venue, but for some reason, even though it looked good, colour wise, it failed to produce the results I anticipated :'( :'(

My draw put me in the middle of a shallow, wide bay. After 20 odd years of fishing here I only remember one match being won off it, with double figures of big hemp Roach. Never mind, it's all i have got for 5 hours, so lets make the best of it (PMA). Fed 5 lines, one lickie, one G/B and squatt, one choppie, one cater and one hemp. After an hour I had rotated every one without a sign of a bite Image. Zorro next door, left, started well, having 3 or 4 punch fish in the first half hour. Big Col to my right had a small kinver and I think a goby. To his right, Josh was bagging on small punch roach, and as far as I was aware, Tricast on peg 1 was struggling too. Image Image

After 85 minutes, I had a small roach on punch Image. Then after rotating swims again, nothing for another half hour before I had another on punch. To cut a long and uninteresting story short, I finished up with 6 Roach and 3 baby kinvers for 9oz and a bit. Image

However, the entertainment value was again priceless. Zorro shipped back to let a boat pass, but not far enough Image Next thing he is playing a 35 foot barge on his punch rig. Guess what, the boater throws the engine into reverse Image Image. Zorro loses his favourite rig and the boat wrecks his peg. It certainly slowed down his catch rate. Sorry for laughing Den, but your face was a picture when you looked my way Image I could hear Big Baz chirping in the distance as well, which was hilarious, even funnier now knowing OBI was taking the brunt of it Image Image
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: At least I turn up & try !!

Unread post by Obi »

Not especially me Paul...think it was anybody within earshot lol...got to say did Agee with him after 5 hrs

Tricast !!!! Bill yards the 2nd Image
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by TRICAST62 »

Tricast !!!!  Bill yards the 2nd  Image

it were brand new an bein tight northen git whats the expect [ Image Image Image Image
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

thought it fished really well mesen if the were drawn on pegs 14 / 3 /2 / 15 / 20 / 11 . an thee just got this weeks lotto numbers out o this match Image Image Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

14 / 3 /2 / 15 / 20 / 11 . an thee just got this weeks lotto numbers out o this match

Might just have a punt on them Tricast - cant do any worse with em than what my usual nos are producing.....
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

all winners them are boss they all had pound + Image Image Image