If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Woodland View Rules

General Talk
sadhighway
Shrubbery AC
Shrubbery AC

Woodland View Rules

Unread post by sadhighway »

The Rules

Woodland View rules

Woodland View feed pellets are the ONLY feed pellets allowed on the fishery. You can now ONLY buy Woodlands feed pellets at Woodland View Fishery. Therefore, any feed pellets that are NOT purchased from us will not be ours and if you are found to have any other feed pellets other than ours on your peg you will be asked to leave the Fishery.NO GROUNDBAIT OF ANY TYPE.NO PASTE OF ANY TYPE.THE ONLY BAITS THAT YOU ARE ALLOWED ON YOUR PEG ARE THE ONES ON THE LIST BELOW;

Rules

Maximum Pole length 16.5 metres.

Two Keep nets to be used in Matches.(If you are catching a large quantity of fish ,you will require an additional net.)

ALL Carp 2lbs under and all silver fish and barbel to go in one net.

All other fish to go into second or third net.

ONLY BAITS maggots, casters, worms, sweetcorn, luncheon meat hook only bait not ot be loose fed,bona fide hooker pellets to be fish meal only and Woodland View Feed Pellets the only feef pellet allowed.

DO NOT USE ANY BAIT THAT IS NOT ON THE ABOVE LIST. THE ABOVE BAITS ARE THE ONLY BAIT YOU ARE PERMITTED TO USE.

NO JPZ PELLETS,NO BOILIES,NO OTHER TYPE OF FEED PELLETS.NO POWDER ADDITIVES.

A maximum of three bags of Woodlands feed pellets can be used during any match. The pellets cannot be dampened. If using a feeder small amounts can be dampened during the match.

Anglers should not make paste baits from feeder pellets.

No other baits are permitted with the exception of bloodworm and joker in Silver Fish Matches during winter.

Total quantity of baits allowed during any five hour match is eight pints in total.

The maximum quantity of worms allowed in any match is one kilo. (one kilo of worm equals three pints)

Only one kilo of worm must be used before chopping up and these must always be cleaned off before chopping.

A maximum of six pints of sweetcorn is allowed in any match. (ten 300g tins is equivalent to six pints)

Luncheon meat should be used on the hook only with no loose-feeding of luncheon meat.

The smallest size of luncheon meat to be used is a quarter of an inch or one centimetre.

No powder additives of any type are allowed.

Liquid additives are permitted.

NO LIQUIDISED BAITS

THESE RULES APPLY TO APPLY TO PLEASURE ANGLERS,CLUB ANGLERS.OPEN ANGLERS & ALL COMPETITON ANGLERS.

Barbless hooks should be used at all times.

No hooks larger than size 12 to be used.

No braid allowed or method type feeders allowed.

The ONLY FEEDERS you can use are;Cage Feeders,Swim feeders,Open Ended Feeders,In Line pellet feeder (Not elasticated.)

When fishing a pole a float must be used at all times and floating in the water.

Any bait left over after fishing must be taken home or disposed of in the litter bins provided and not thrown into the pools.

ANGLERS MUST NOT PHOTGRAPH FISH.

WE ARE CARRYING OUT REGULAR HOOK & BAIT CHECKS ANYONE FOUND TO HAVE BAIT THAT IS NOT ALLOWED ON THEIR PEG WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE.

ALL DECISIONS MADE BY WOODLANDS STAFF ARE FINAL.
Stumpy
Cookley Eagles
Cookley Eagles

Woodland View Rules

Unread post by Stumpy »

Hi Amanda, many thanks for your assistance & also for posting these rules, its a good job we dont have to start reading them after the start whistle.
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Woodland View Rules

Unread post by Drynet »

MrWright
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Woodland View Rules

Unread post by MrWright »

No dampening feed pellets... Image Image Image erm what happens when they are fed then? That has to be the most stupid rule ever!!! Image
big_cup
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Match Team/ Club: Stainy angling centre
Sponsor: Open to offers!!!

Woodland View Rules

Unread post by big_cup »

Must admit, thats some list of rules, not many things left that you can do? :-/ What would dampening pellets ever harm?? Image
Just cant get a draw :facepalm :facepalm
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Woodland View Rules

Unread post by joffmiester »

FU#K THAT !! sorry but thats way too many rules Image Image Image Image Image Image
craftytafty
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Woodland View Rules

Unread post by craftytafty »

i agree Joff, they are a joke. sposed to be our hobby not treated like criminals. surprised anyone goes there.

Woodland View Rules

Unread post by Guest »

Dunno why they just don't put another rule down NO FISHING what a joke :-/
sadhighway
Shrubbery AC
Shrubbery AC

Woodland View Rules

Unread post by sadhighway »

:-? what will we do if it rains ? the pellets will get wet :o
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Woodland View Rules

Unread post by Dave C »

The smallest size of luncheon meat to be used is a quarter of an inch or one centimetre.

I think I would measure my meat in centimetres as 1 centimetre is half as big again as 1/4 inch.
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Woodland View Rules

Unread post by Drynet »

:-? what will we do if it rains ? the pellets will get wet :o

I asked this and was told to cover them up Image you are allowed to dampen a small amount Image
MrWright
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Woodland View Rules

Absolutely ridiculous!! It's a complete contradiction , you can dampen a small amount for use in a feeder so why not for the pole? I just don't see what possible harm or difference it could make really? I respect the fact that they want to look after their fish but instead of implementing silly rules maybe they should be having a word with the anglers that are trying to bend the rules in the first place! I've been a few times to this venue and have witnessed some awful things in terms of how anglers target the fish... Ie dumping in big pots of bait and then sitting there with heavy gear on pulling right through the water column at any indication to foul hook fish Image Image Image Image I was actually gobsmacked! Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Woodland View Rules

i bet everybody breaks the rules without knowing :D :D :D :D :D :D
just my luck I'd be caught sneezing over my pellets Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Woodland View Rules

they go to all this trouble to protect the fish yet allow B/J that comes from the shi#est places of Europe :D :D :D
gale
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Woodland View Rules

Unread post by gale »

New rule to be added:-

No hooks incase the fish pierce their mouths. :D
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

Woodland View Rules

new rule no one allowed on the fishery without a 4X4 Image
MrWright
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Woodland View Rules

No casting, all baits must be placed into the water gently...
Mancunian

Woodland View Rules

Unread post by Mancunian »

I totally agree with bait limits but the other list of rules are well over the top. If more anglers voted with their feet and boycotted these type of fisheries they would soon relax the rules. >:(