If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

GOOD NEWS FOR ANGLING ON TV

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

GOOD NEWS FOR ANGLING ON TV

Unread post by joffmiester »

Massive news for fishing on TV

Now then…..here’s a huge announcement which is brilliant news for all of us who love our fishing and love watching it on Sky Sports.

At the weekend Keith Arthur shared with me a piece of information he learned on Friday. Barry Hearn has agreed a new five-year contract with Sky Sports to broadcast loads of different sports until at least 2017. Among these sports in match fishing – and that means a minimum of five more years of Fishomania.

It means that the best competition in British match fishing is safe for at least another five years. Judging by the response from this year’s competition, that’s exactly what anglers want here in the UK. Remember, it’s now in it’s 20th year. Who’d have though a show about match fishing would have lasted so long!!

Saturday’s first qualifier, won by Andy Power at Viaduct Fishery in Somerset, was a fantastic advert for our sports though. The buzz at the fishery was brilliant, as it always is for the first one. There are 15 more qualifiers to go before the final, which is the only fishing event televised live in the UK.

It means so much to all anglers to have this kind of recognition.  It’s great news for me, as I can’t tell you how much I enjoy working for Sky making films about fishing.

This year’s Fishomania weekend will have another international on the Sunday. It may be that the format will be changing slightly to try and make it even more competitive, with other nations becoming involved for the first time. More details to come about that when we know a little bit more. Personally, I’ve loved seeing the different approach in a match fished under different rules on the second day.

This Friday, you’ll be able to see the film from Saturday’s first qualifier on ‘Tight Lines’. We’re on at 7pm on Sky Sports 4.

By the way, dunno about you, but I’ve started to get into the bass fishing stuff from the USA a little bit. It’s probably because of my new obsession with lure fishing – but it’s good to see different stuff.

Maybe one day we’ll have millionaire match anglers up on stage in the UK filling up live wells with their catch? What do you reckon?

Below is the official press release from Matchroom Sport giving all the relevant details of the deal:

MATCHROOM SPORT SIGN NEW DEAL WITH SKY SPORTS
FIVE YEAR AGREEMENT COVERS TEN DIFFERENT EVENTS

MATCHROOM SPORT is delighted to announce an exciting new five year agreement with Sky Sports to bring a variety of outstanding events to the world’s premier sports channel.

Commencing this year, the deal encompasses ten events in total producing nearly 200 hours of high quality programming per year up to the end of 2017.

The agreement is an extension of an ongoing relationship between the two organisations that goes back to 1991 and Sky Sports’ inaugural year.

Commented Matchroom Sport chairman Barry Hearn; “Our long-standing relationship with Sky Sports has been a vital ingredient in the Matchroom story over the years and we are very excited to be continuing it into the future.

“Without doubt, Sky Sports have always been the pioneer in sports TV with production values and levels of creativity that leave the competition in their wake.

“We are excited to be providing them with a variety of events in a variety of sports which showcase these sports to huge UK audiences.”

Events include the 20 year-old Mosconi Cup, the Ryder Cup of pool; the recently produced World Championship of Ping Pong which put old school table tennis back on the map; Fish’O’Mania, the FA Cup of fishing which is now entering its 20thyear, as well as the Fish’O’Mania International event.

Also included is the popular World Seniors Snooker Championship which sees legends of the baize compete once again; the PGA EuroPro Tour, the 15 event developmental golf tour that has produced some of today’s golfing superstars and the Weber Cup which pitches Europe and America’s finest tenpin bowlers in a Ryder Cup-style competition.

Other events include the World Pool Masters, pocket billiards oldest invitational event; the World Cup of Pool which sees 32 nations compete and FLW Outdoors Bass Fishing, the big-money US-based tournament fishing circuit.

In addition, Matchroom Sport has exclusive long-term agreements in place with Sky Sports for major boxing promotions including the exciting Prizefighter series, as well as 50 days of top-rated PDC Darts tournaments each year.

All events are also available via Sky Go, which offers Sky customers access to live and on demand programmes and films from up to 43 channels on a wide range of internet-connected devices including laptops, smartphones, tablets and games consoles.
  Posted in My Take. Tagged Angling, Fishing, Fishing on TV, Fishomania, Keith Arthur, lure fishing, match fishing, Matchroom Sport, sky sports, tight lines, viaduct fishery. Details from Viaduct Fishomania Qualifier
—April 7, 2013 by stourfisher
Here are some details from yesterday’s Fishomania qualifier at Viaduct Fishery in Somerset.

Weather was bright, sunny and cold. Easterly wind.

Congratulations to Andy Power for a terrific perfomance.

Top weights:
(1) Andy Power 179.14 from Peg 97 Cary Lake bomb/waggler and 11mm pellet (didn’t feed anything)
(2) Adam Rumble 120.7 from Peg 114 Campbell
(3) Adam Mitchell 103.08 from Peg 115 Campbell
(4) David White 101.12 from Peg 126 Campbell (opposite 114)
(5) Adam Smith 100.9 from Peg 125 Campbell (opposite 115)