If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

All our yesterdays...................cracking peg

For TK's trip down Memory Lane.

Moderator: TK

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

leeben1
Match Team/ Club: sensas MAS
Sponsor: sensas MAS

Unread post by leeben1 »

nuddy? in ireland ?? :-/
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

Cornagrade on the River Erne.

Looks like peg 26.

Go a bit further downstream to the peg there is a channel that leads to Racecourse Lock.

Portora School (where Oscar Wilde went) is on the opposite side on the top of that hill you can see.
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

I have fished that peg and area loads of few times.

That is Portora Lock in the distance on the left. You can drive round to there still brilliant fishing on its day.

The Colebrooke River is at Maguiresbridge and Lisnaskea, it is very shallow and a much smaller river, it needs some water on to catch there nowadays, even so it is not very good, it used to be.

Lisnaskea (Ortine Hotel) is where Ray Mumford got hurt with a bomb. The hotel is no longer there. Lisnaskea was NOT the place to go to in those days, - it has all changed now though.

The pic is of Bob Nudd, - it must have been the first or second year he went over there, that is a red checked shirt he has on!!!

There are cables to the left of the peg in the picture. The peg is the shallowest on there but has produced massive weights of roach, bream and hybrids, mainly a few years back though.

I always remember Kevin Ashurst asking me to go down there and watch Roberto Trabucco fishing the Bolognese (about three or four pegs above that pic). Most amazing exhibition as it was new then. I took my camera and the pic of Trabucco with his catch and netting fish was used time and time again in a few mags and exhibition stands (prob my claim to fame!). He is a brilliant guy, tell anybody anything if you could understand him and let you have a chuck or two with his gear.
After watching this for a couple of hours he set the feeder up, I remember Kevin saying to me, another exhibition coming up. He cracked off on his first two chucks, Kevin said crappity smacking well told yer, he's as bad on that feeder as he is good on that Bolo, - it was priceless.