If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Curse Match 1 2013 - Record Breaker !!!!

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Just a few words on this report as it was a bit of a ‘special day’ on the towpath for someone and I’ll leave it to them to pen ‘how their day went’ as the 'old geezers' paled into insignificance by comparison.

21 turned out for this first match of the 2013 Curse series – 18 members and 3 guests – on the SU at Wheaton Aston, obviously looking forward to having a few after last years match. But expectations were a little tempered on hearing that 12oz had been second on a match the week earlier.   Image  Image

The old geezer fancied drawing pegs 1 – 10, but it wasn’t to be and he ended up on 17. :(  So a bit of a trek along the muddy towpath only to be greeted with a peg with a missing boat whilst all around had moored boats as far bank features......... Image

With the plan formulated based on last years approach, supplemented by the promise by Big Col of stamp roach on the caster, lines were fed.  But it all went out of the window as the punch never worked – not a bite on it, ditto the caster and as the day progressed it was a case of snaring what you could – basically small gonks – for most.

It was ironic that Tricast62 fished all 15 curse matches last year as a guest but missed this first match as a member cuss of car trouble. He did wander down the towpath half way through, reporting that all appeared to be struggling apart from someone who’d snared a rub a dub from near the end of the section pegged. Image

The 5 hours flew by – well apart from that last hour when the old geezer only managed to put one micro gudgeon in the net -  and he finished with a disappointing 79 fish – but better than a dry un and a tad better than the 12oz that had come 2nd the previous week.

Heinzer and Cotti wandered past with the scales and first to weigh in off end peg 23 was Choppymaster who’d had a grueller – he’d only snared 3 gudgeon..................... :o

Plus this stamper  Image

Choppymaster complete with fag  Image

And without

But next door MrV had fared a little better  :o :o :o

What will they go?

And a mug shot of MrV with a typical sample

So onto the tale of the rest of the scales........

PEG
23 CHOPPYMASTER 2.11.0
22 MRV 32.15.8
21 KOD DNW
20 BULLAH 0.1.0
19 BIG COL 0.12.0
18 BIG BAZ 1.8.0
17 THE OLD GEEZER aka TK 1.5.8
16 DAZ W 1.3.0
15 TAVERN CHAMP DNW
14 MIKE E 0.3.14
13 TREVOR B 0.0.14
12 JOSH 0.12.0
11 TRICAST62 DNF-CT
10 HAHA 0.7.0
9 YAMO 1.5.0
8 ZORRO 0.9.5
7 HARRY THE HITMAN 0.3.3
6 OBI 2.12.12
5 BRAMBLES 1.3.0
4 COTTI 3.1.0
3 HEINZER 3.11.12
2 F1 5.15.0

So hats off to MrV for setting a new club canal match weight record,  Image  smashing Hotlips old record of 25lb of tincas taken from the clubs waters at Wood Lane. Nice one  Image Image

Look forward to reading your report on how the day panned out MrV  ;)
Phil B
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Phil B »

What a great catch. Well done Mr V. By My un-practised use
of the family abacus (which as always seemed a load of balls). The final result reads  Mr V 32.15 08
The club 27.17 04
The portents for the rest of the seasons carry a great
poreboding
Again fab catch.
olly

Unread post by olly »

What a fantastic net of fish! Well done that man! Image Image Image
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by TRICAST62 »

well done paul lad that little chat bout sitting for big fish paid off Image Image Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Fate deals us some strange hands at times.  :-/ Following the passing of my Mam on Friday after a short illness, I wasn't going to fish Saturday. Family told me not to be daft, and go fishing as there would be plenty of time to grieve later.  :'( :'( So fish I did, and what a day it turned out to be.  Image Image My peg was a proper Crabtree jobby....overhanging branches, brambles growing into the cut, and plenty of other features. When I drew it Big Baz said it was an "orgasm peg".  Image Image. First worry on arrival was, after discussion with Choppy in the next peg, have I got any power top kits in my holdall  :-/ :-/ Relief when I found a Black Hydro top kit, which was promptly adorned wit a 4.6 straight through animal rig to a 16 hook. A couple of other rigs set up just in case the chub didn't come out to play, but to be fair, they never really got a wetting  ;). Fed choppy on one spot over, choppy and caster on another, and caster/big maggot on another. So 3 areas fed over, and a top 2 line inside, which I gave 5 minutes without a bite. Had 10 minutes on each of the far bank lines without a sniff, so back on the inside for another 5 mins, again no signs. :-/ :-/ After 45 minutes, went over again on a worm and it buried. Oh joy. After a 5 minute tug of war, and a few minutes playing it out down the track, chub no1 was in the net and was about 3lb.  Image Image Image Image. Another hour went by without another bite, and I was starting to think maybe they weren't going to go mad. Played around on a squatt rig for a bit, and then had a small gonk on the punch. Then had a visit from my brother from another mother, Tricast, who told me most were struggling. While he was there, I had a couple of tiny indications on the caster over, but nothing positive. Tried choppy, nothing, just little dibs. Thought they were from gonks so after Tricast left, with his immortal parting shot "sit it out for the lumps bruv", I decided to step up the feed. With 90 minutes left, I had another one, about 2lb, which encouraged me to step up the feed even more. To say the last hour was good would be the understatement of the year as 7 more chub graced the net, all between 3 and 4 pound apiece.  Image Image Lost one fish only which shed the hook after dragging it through the brambles, and the rest, as they say, is history  Image  Image Now you may think nothing could make my day better, but you would be wrong.......being pegged next to KOD again was a pleasure.... Image Image I think the pressure of drawing the golden peg really got to him, poor lad  Image Image Thanks mate, the entertainment was priceless  Image Image. Thanks to the rest of the lads for the nice comments on the bank after the weigh in...but hey, it was my turn to be lucky this week.....it may be yours next match  Image Image
TrevorBeckett
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: when that float dips - take off a number 8
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores Match Group & Spread Eagle A A

Unread post by TrevorBeckett »

Mr V , condolences on your sad loss .

A wonderful net of fish and a great start to the cashmores season

tight lines
Trevor B
Enthusiastic but not always efficient
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Sorry for your Loss Paul and in the same breath congratulations on a fantastic result Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

So sorry to hear that news MrV - condolences to thee and the family and RIP Mam V
Josh1337
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by Josh1337 »

Sorry to hear Mr.V :-[

Great read from both and great start to the season!! Image
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by TRICAST62 »

so sorry for your loss MrV we all are thinking of you an family at this sad time
MICK E
Personal Text: Mike the Pike

Unread post by MICK E »

so sorry to hear of your loss paul,
with this on your mind,a truly deserved catch and win
well fished paul Image
Geoff_E
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Geoff_E »

Condolences on your sad loss Mr.V.
Obi
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG
Personal Text: At least I turn up & try !!

Unread post by Obi »

condolences on your loss Mrv..a superb showing considering your sad loss....
Blues
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores

Unread post by Blues »

Good Man Image

Condolences as well tho Bud
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by kod »

Condolences on your sad loss Mr V
being pegged next to KOD again was a pleasure....   I think the pressure of drawing the golden peg really got to him, poor lad    Thanks mate, the entertainment was priceless

Just glad to be able to put a smile on your face at such a sad time Image
Phil B
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Phil B »

Paul
May I add my codolences on the sad passing of your Mam
PHIL B
Blues
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores

Unread post by Blues »

Choppy and KOD that's what your call being next to the winner :D :D :D
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Thank You all for the kind thoughts and comments. It really does help, and is appreciated so much. Image Image Image
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Drynet »

Sorry for hear of loss Mr V, Well done thats a great win Image
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Unread post by Dave C »

Sincere condolences Paul.

Great canal weight. It may have been a dream peg but you still have to do the business when you draw one. Image