If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

TK Grueller Match 6 - Normal service is resumed...

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image.

Unread post by Guest »

Ducking fump springs to mind Image  Image  Image
Josh1337
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by Josh1337 »

Ahhhhhhhhh
MICK E
Personal Text: Mike the Pike
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG

Unread post by MICK E »

is that all you can say, about today josh?
Josh1337
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by Josh1337 »

Speechless mate! Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Well I think the cat is out of the bag re this latest result, but spose I’ll pen a few words for posterity and give Joffie summat to read.........

With word getting out that several of the Cashmores Crew had recently sacked up on the venue :o – Lindon Road Brownhills – there was a fair few eager cracks up for this one – I mean, if the Cashmores Crew could catch a few here, it must be sacking up territory. :D

And so it came to be with 20 turning out, including a strong contingent of 4 Tavern AC ringers led by seasoned grueller campaigners OBI and Snowie Image

On arrival, thanks to MrV picking me up, Image the local venue experts had already gone out to peg – rendering my recently torn up Xmas cards that were doubling up as peg nos redundant. :D

Talking of pegs, Image MrV, obviously with too much time on his hands, Image had knocked out some draw tickets for the match – ta again. Image However I shuddered Image :o to myself when I saw them............they came emblazoned with the Image icon............but today wasn’t going to be the usual grueller match, we were on a bagging venue weren’t we?

I dismissed the notion that they could be a bad omen as silly, Image the card wouldn’t provoke the gods would it Image – after all it was double figures temperature wise Image – it had been for the last couple of days Image Image – with no overnight frosts. Image Image Image Why I’d even wandered down the Extension 36 hours earlier and watched Kev Ash sack up on skimmers and watched fish top along the length. Image

‘Dont be silly TK – this is a Blues4eva promotion, the Image aint gunna strike today – no chance’ I thought to myself

A quick word with Blues4eva on his return from pegging out duties to enquire what was where and whether to pay sections today or just the normal 1, 2 and 3. The reason beyond my enquiry as to the possibility of sections was that the supposedly less fancied Lindon Road section was in Image .........better weights were expected heading towards Clayhanger where the winners had come from a few weeks earlier.

But Blues4eva didn’t think sections were feasible – pegs 1 to 6 were on Lindon Rd, 7 on Catshill junction, pegs 8, 9 and 10 to the B’hills side of the junction with a much ‘larger’ section of 10 anglers on pegs 11 to 20 on the favoured sections. Aok the normal 1,2 and 3 it was then, although I really wanted to draw a short walk on the less favoured pegs 1 – 6

Phil B was ‘sorted with short walk no2 and the draw commenced. With just two left in MrV’s cap, I dipped in and peg 11 was my home for the next 4 hours. Hadn’t got a clue where it was as off I trotted, only to be told on route I was on my own – ‘Billy no mates’ :'( in a very short pound that could only hold one angler.

Great no banter again Image Image Image ..........wished I’d drawn end peg 1 after all, at least no walk even if the prospect of scintillating banter would have only have been reduced by 50%

Soon set up I actually fancied it for a few...........decent depth and some of those skimmers might always ‘wander’ into ‘my’ pound from the junction to my left 8-)

Although it was ‘bare bank’ opposite, I’d got 3 ft across as a fall back squatt option if the punch line started to dry up on me Image

But even better Image was a weed bed to my right...............that was a banker for a few bits and pound to a penny would hold one or two clonking Kinver Tigers Image

To my right in the distance was Mark O and gang............

Let battle commence.....
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

That looks nice TK what happened Image Image
Blues
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores

Unread post by Blues »

Tk you should get a job reporting on the Blues performances
every week you have the knack of making something crap sound good   Image Image 

look forward to the next installment
Blues
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores

Unread post by Blues »

That looks nice TK what happened 

He must have forgot he's bait Image
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by TRICAST62 »

part 1 good but it gets better a boss Image Image Image Image
olly

Unread post by olly »

Like it so far!
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

why is the canal so narrow above you TK ?????
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

why is the canal  so narrow above you TK ?????

Not exactly historically sure Joffie........... there used to be a 'toll house' in that area. But saying that it narrowed similarly the otherside of the junction inbetween pegs 6 & 7

Kev P or perhaps MGB may be able to enlighten us if they spot this subject........????
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Tk you should get a job reporting on the Blues performances
every week you have the knack of making something crap sound good   Image Image 

look forward to the next installment

Thanks for heaping on the pressure Blues4eva Image

Aint gorra clue as to what I'm pen next to make chapter 2 remotely interesting Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

why is the canal  so narrow above you TK ?????

Not exactly historically sure Joffie........... there used to be a 'toll house' in that area. But saying that it narrowed similarly the otherside of the junction inbetween pegs 6 & 7

Kev P or perhaps MGB may be able to enlighten us if they spot this subject........????

Just done a bit of investigating Joffie - where it narrowed there was an 'old tonnage house, where the boat weights were recorded at the narrows'
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Here you go Joffie - knew I'd posted a picture of the juction before in 'All our yesterdays'

This picture is taken to the right of where I was on Saturday - where Mark O was pegged
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Ps - that's delayed chapter 2 - I was full of good intentions this morning to conclude this exciting, nail biting adventure Image
MGB
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by MGB »

why is the canal so narrow above you TK ?????

The narrows were there to allow the working narrow boats to be guaged, ie: carrying the correct load of coal etc. I think some kind of hollow rod with a floating insert was hooked underneath and a reading taken against the amount of boat above the waterline
Incidently, the narrow pictured now houses a state of the art underwater inflatable "Stop" bag to allow the canal to be sealed off quickly in an emergency rather than use the old fashioned "stop plank" method
olly

Unread post by olly »

Ps - that's delayed chapter 2 - I was full of good intentions this morning to conclude this exciting, nail biting adventure  Image

You can pad chapter 2 out by telling us about all the dog shite you came across :D I want to know all the details, colours, textures, any subtle smells. Were there any white turds with a crisp outer coating? Lastly who trod in what...

MGB
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by MGB »