If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

About the Forum Layout.

Anyone can chat about anything non fishing related...
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

About the Forum Layout.

Unread post by Simple »

As you have probably noticed, the forum layout here is not the same as most of the other forums and this is why....

When I first started this forum in 2006 it was just for a small club in the Midlands called Yale AC. We had matches every Sunday and some of the member had computers so I made a website and these forums for the club. A place to put results for the matches and the overall points table in the league oh and of course embarrassing pictures  :D :D

There was only about 15 members at the time and we had a laugh. Then TK asked me for a spot on my forum for his(a club he was in) Club called 'Cashmores'. I said yes and created a section for his rabble  Image Thing were still good and there was a lot of banter between the 2 clubs, taking the yellow stream out of each others results. :D

The a famous angler that used to fish called 'Woodhouse' also asked if he could have a section for his canal club called 'HanKat AS' derived from his kids names. I said yes and set his section up, more people joined and the banter was cracking, mostly at Lee's expense. Many many anglers photo's got photo shopped  and it was a right laff.

I left Yale AC and over the next 2 years Yale AC unfortunately folded. I was gutted but kept the forums going for Tony and Lee and removed the Yale section but kept all the posts and added them to the 'Going Fishing' and 'Upcoming Matches' section. I still go back and read the Yale stuff and it always brings a smile to my face.
Thread here.... YaBB.pl?num=1248446360

I then thought it best to change the forum name from 'YaleAc Forums' to somthing else. A thread was started and in the usual fashion it was full of crazy suggestions  :D
A combination of what Mugger and Woodhouse suggested lead to 'Simple Match Fishing'
Thread here.... YaBB.pl?num=1248537680/15

TK (Tony) was running his Grueller Series ever year which was very popular. I even won the series one year which I am quite proud about as there was some cut cracks fishing that year....Woodhouse was also fishing it too  Image :D

Next to ask for a section on here was DaveC and it was for his club Marsh AC, A club from London. This lead to much banter as these boys only(mainly) fished carp waters and had frequent big weights, although you wouldn't think it reading this years results  :P  :D (kidding)

Last but not least is a great guy called Larry Teepot. His section 'Cornerstone' was added, its fair to say he does not use it much but its there for when he does need it  Image

Over the 6 years I have watched the forum grow much to my amazement if I'm honest.
I think I have only ever had to delete a few posts and lock a few threads and that's because everyone just gets on with it and has a laugh as well as getting the latest info on everyone's matches.

What does the future hold for these forums.... Much of the same I hope  Image If anyone has any suggestions, fire away. I'm all ears  Image

Earlier this year I was planning on moving away from YaBB (forum software) but the migration did not work. I am glad it didn't really because I think most other angling forums use that software and it would have ended up looking like all the others.

Over the years I have had to change the hosting size and bandwidth allowance lots of times to cope with the growing forum. I never imagined it would ever be this big, I know its not as big as the others but its bigger than I ever thought it would be.  :)

We did have sections for Tackle Talk and things like that but they never got used much so I removed them. I always sit here thinking of adding them back but I think it's nice the way it is.

A kept getting asked why the forum was set out the way it was, I hope this answers that.

Thanks for reading.
Simon Mound - Simple
some of that was written 'tongue in cheek' as I'm sure you know  :D :D
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

About the Forum Layout.

Unread post by MrV »

If it aint broke don't fix it Simon. Best fishing forum out there mate and you are doing a brilliant job with it. Image Image Image
cheslynboy
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker
Personal Text: Fishing is relaxing except when on matches
Match Team/ Club: Rough Hay A C

About the Forum Layout.

Unread post by cheslynboy »

I agree with MR V Simon if it ain't broke DON't FIX IT

Brightens my poor existence in life as a match angler Image Image Image Image

Merry Christmas Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

About the Forum Layout.

Unread post by TK »

Hear hear Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

About the Forum Layout.

Unread post by joffmiester »

simple simon most people love it because its simple Image Image Image Image
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

About the Forum Layout.

Unread post by Woodhouse »

You only have to look at the arguments on other sites to realise why this one is getting so popular.

This will never be one of the biggest fishing forums but it will always be one of the best.
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

About the Forum Layout.

Unread post by Dodge »

You only have to look at the arguments on other sites to realise why this one is getting so popular.

This will never be one of the biggest fishing forums but it will always be one of the best.

I echo Lee,s sentiments Image Image

You have done a fantastic job Simps Image Image long may it continue Image 8-)
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

About the Forum Layout.

Unread post by Drynet »

If it aint broke don't fix it Simon. Best fishing forum out there mate and you are doing a brilliant job with it.  Image Image Image

Image.
Pedro
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

About the Forum Layout.

Unread post by Pedro »

BOSTIN!!! Site Simon Image
So leave spanners in tool shed Image
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: ENGLISH AND PROUD

About the Forum Layout.

Unread post by me »

I think I have only ever had to delete a few posts and lock a few threads

and them were mine and mouses xmas p155ed posts Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

About the Forum Layout.

Unread post by Drynet »

Still waiting for the dog section me. Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

About the Forum Layout.

Unread post by Simple »

Thats right Si Image Image Image
Dave crappity smack off Image Image Image Image
paul_brown
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

About the Forum Layout.

Unread post by paul_brown »

Best site goin Simps....

Plenty of banter and everyone willin to help out where they can. None of the silly bitchin' that can be found on other sites

As they say "if it aint broke dont fix it"
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

About the Forum Layout.

Unread post by bill yards »

Yes, well done Simon.
It's the only site I am a member of. Say no crappity smack more. Image Image Image Image
dazzla
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Sensas

About the Forum Layout.

Unread post by dazzla »

Well done Simon.
Like Bill , this is the only site I am a member of and I find it realy enjoyable , entertaining and informative.
Keep up the good work Image
Copo

About the Forum Layout.

Unread post by Copo »

One of the best sites on the net, if the formula works, then there is no need to play with it. Image
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: MaverBaitech
Sponsor: Maver / Baitech

About the Forum Layout.

Unread post by CHOPWORM HERO »

Well Done Simon ! Image
A top site, top blokes, nuff said.
Mark_Roberson

About the Forum Layout.

Unread post by Mark_Roberson »

Well done simon its the only site i am on great banter and some good topics   Image
MarkV
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

About the Forum Layout.

Unread post by MarkV »

It's unique mate .   Image

Who wants to be like the others ?

It's much appreciated too.