If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

This Winter

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

This Winter

Unread post by Dodge »

Is it me or does the weather seem to have changed dramatically over the last couple of years !!! we hear of global warming all the time, but we seem to be getting short sharp extremes in the weather both in summer and winter........

Its definately having an effect on our fishing.........cant remember a winter being so hard fishing wise for many years.........and i have fished good venues week in week out :( :(
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

This Winter

Unread post by Woodhouse »

I reckon the average weight for the Walsall canal has been down 3lb since July.
endpeg
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

This Winter

Unread post by endpeg »

I personally think we are looking at the past with rose-tinted specs a lot of the time. I remember Dams & Lock when 5lb was mega and 2lb 8oz was a good target. Nowadays no one bats an eyelid at 5lb on a canal...
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

This Winter

Unread post by Woodhouse »

Good point Endpeg

I remember when 2lb was a good weight in February and blanks were expected.

Have we been spoilt in the last couple of years and we are now back to the real world.
fert

This Winter

Unread post by fert »

i agree with dodge on this one fishing is getting harder at the minute
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

This Winter

Unread post by Dodge »

I personally think we are looking at the past with rose-tinted specs a lot of the time. I remember Dams & Lock when 5lb was mega and 2lb 8oz was a good target. Nowadays no one bats an eyelid at 5lb on a canal...

Good point endpeg ;)

The weather never seems settled for a decent period of time tho,

look at places like shrewsbury the river severn......... brilliant venue but match anglers cant get on it............its always flooded.
endpeg
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

This Winter

Unread post by endpeg »

In a word - Yes! Just like people on commercials (myself often included) can moan when we've only had 30lb I see many people moan when they've only had 3lb on the cut...

...mind you, i only had 12oz at Pewsey yesterday and I'm pretty sure that was crap 'back in the day' as well!
marktaylor

This Winter

Unread post by marktaylor »

we have been spoiled you hear people after the match complaining they have only caught 5 pound but 5 pound is a good days fishing in anyones books
diddy
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

This Winter

Unread post by diddy »

i'd love to catch 5lb every time i went on the cuts!!! Image
welder
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

This Winter

Unread post by welder »

we have been spoiled you hear people after the match complaining they have only caught 5 pound but 5 pound is a good days fishing in anyones books
Thats good for me in the summer. :D
marktaylor

This Winter

well said diddy if you could catch 5 pound on every cut match you go on you would win a lot of money Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

This Winter

Unread post by Dodge »

The team that came 2nd (fenton) in the FMS lge yesterday at rugeley barely had 4lb between the 5 man team............yet 17lb won the match ???
diddy
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

This Winter

Unread post by diddy »

thats right, unless you draw taypots usual dollyholes!!! Image Image Image Image Image
marktaylor

This Winter

dodge all the fenton anglers fished squatt and pinkie aswell when everyone else couldnt get a bite on B&J :'(
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

This Winter

Unread post by Dodge »

dodge all the fenton anglers fished squatt and pinkie aswell when everyone else couldnt get a bite on B&J :'(

I know mate, strange one that mark.........guestie emptied it on b/joker tho ;) ;) ;) ::)
marktaylor

This Winter

he said when he broke the ice a 10oz roach jumped out the water and landed on the ice jammy bast!rd
justincase

This Winter

Unread post by justincase »

Is it me or does the weather seem to have changed dramatically over the last couple of years !!!  we hear of global warming all the time, but we seem to be getting short sharp extremes in the weather both in summer and winter........

Its definately having an effect on our fishing.........cant remember a winter being so hard fishing wise for many years.........and i have fished good venues week in week out   :( :(

The fish are probably as confused with the weather as the anglers, there is definately a surge in extremes, as most weather extremes are caused by pressure and fish are extra sensitive to the same pressure the two go hand in hand,

JC
mjw

This Winter

Unread post by mjw »

spot on also jc.

We do not get settled weather any more. On Saturday, the high pressure that one would associate with settled conditions, gave us a temperature difference of 15 celcius! And this has been a settled period as far as I can remember. I can't remember the last proper settled period. Even my missus would agree!
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

This Winter

Unread post by Dodge »

Interesting stuff fellas Image Image Image
swampy
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Tipton till I die!!!

This Winter

Unread post by swampy »

well thats what you think! he ad them all on dendo worms m8!!

I know mate, strange one that mark.........guestie emptied it on b/joker tho  ;) ;) ;) ::)