If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

HAS THIS MATCH GOT A FUTURE

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

CANAL

RIVER

Trial League Off To Blazing Start.
The first round of the Sensas River/Canal league got off to a cracking start, with plenty of fish being caught on both the River Soar, and the Loughbrough Canal. This years event is being run as a trial, meaning teams are welcome to join at any time, as there is no cash prizes being paid out to winning teams. Three anglers fish on each of the two venues, with the cumulative result being decided on section points.

River Result

The river section at Sutton Bonnington fished hard to start with, but very fair with different methods catching fish. Some anglers fished a feeder with great results, others opted for a chopped worm approach but most fished pole over groundbait. This seemed to have the edge to start with, with the first hour resulting in a bite every put in. This soon slowed down though, leaving the big fish boys to take advantage. The top three weights all included at least one bonus tench.

1 Andy Astel (Loughborough Maver Soar) 7-13-0
2 Mark Russel (Leicester Sensas C) 7-8-0
3 Pete Marlow (Leicester Sensas) 7-5-0
4 Ant King (Matrix Dynamite Trentmen) 6-9-0
5 Mark Godfrey (Leicester Sensas) 6-0-0

Canal Result

Yet again, the canal stole the show with a staggering 146lb 12oz total for the 20 anglers fishing. Most fished pinkies and hemp over groundbait, but the individual winner Malc Mott fished big maggots for dumpy roach from 3oz to 6oz, and a really nice 14lb 9oz total.

1 Malc Mott (Loughborough Maver Soar) 14-9-0
2 Sam Randall (Trentmen) 13-4-0
3 John Shellard (Leicester Sensas) 12-12-0
4 Gary Smith (Leicester Sensas) 13-13-0
5 Mark Eustace (Leicester Sensas) 8-1-0

Teams

1 Leicester Sensas A 37pts
2 Leicester Sensas C 48pts
3 Loughborough Maver Soar 52pts
4 Wigston AS 63pts
5 Matrix Dynamite Trentmen 64pts
6 Leicester Sensas B 78pts
long eatons finest
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Long EatonFed M.G.
Sponsor: Buckos TEAM BALDY

Unread post by long eatons finest »

Joff
Its a great idea but would it be better just rotating one on the river then one on the canal.Would you have got the same anglers turning up ? I think so.Personally i wouldnt entertain the commies ,we need to look after our natural venues ,the commies will look after themselves.At the end of the day access is the key.This is why sutton is popular
plus its good even fishing.And the canal around Loughborough is pretty easy for access. Anglers want it on a plate im afraid so i thinks its best looking after what few anglers we have in this area.I think this is one of the main reasons that Evesham is popular you can more or less drive to your peg on most sections.Not necessary the fishing.
Thats my thought anyway. Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

we need to look after our natural venues ,the commies will look after themselves

Echo those sentiments L E F Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

come on only 21 votes
:-[
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

sensas challenge 2nd round
Today at 10:49am hi all

soaring temperatures and bright conditions everyone expected the canal and river to fish harder this week and be very busy ,and busy it was with loads of boat and walkers on both venues but yet again both venues surprised everyone and fished as well or if not better than last week . the total weight for the river this week was a exceptional total of 105lb 09oz beating the total weight on the canal but only just 102lb 08oz, this competition is really making the headlines with most of the conversations being about which venue to choose as both are as good at the moment.the river section had a few surprises as the tench didn't figure as much this weekend it was down to skimmers roach and perch with some weights of bleak ,but it was inform Leicester sensas angler Mark russel who found the first nest of fish and caught from the off with some quality skimmers to a pound Mark feed a large amount of G/B to keep in touch throughout the day with red maggot being the best bait for a total of 20lb.2nd mr consistence Rob wootton wigston Rob had a mixed bag targeting roach on hemp and perch on chopped worm and a few fish over G/B for a total of 13lb4oz closely followed by Ant king of trentmen with 10lb 14oz again a mixed bag 4th place went to the vets world champs team member Roger Marlow of Leicester sensas with 7lb 15oz .

well it was business as usual on the canal with the fishing machines in full swing roach and skimmers coming out right through the length mostly on squatts with some better fish coming to caster to rod of the day was Leicester sensas new signing Pete scott with a weight of 12lb 6oz pete loves the canal and drawing a favoured peg made no mistakes catching over G/B and squatt 2nd place went to brad titmus guesting for Leicester sensas Brad is another good angler that makes the most of a good draw and ended the day with 8lb14oz 3rd place another inform angler Mark eustace of Leicester sensas Mark targeted the bigger roach on caster and had some roach to a pound 4th Steve hurst a new signing for wigston again not too far away with 7lb 15oz all squatt fish

with no money involved in the team competition this year let me tell you its the one to win and perhaps prizes rather than money would keep just as interesting ,although Leicester sensas have three teams in the competition the rivalry is second to none and this week it was the turn of

Leicester sensas C Joff woodgett, Pete scott, Brad titmus,Mark eustace Roger marlow and Darren Bickerton to take 1st place with a score of 28 pts

results in full

RIVER

1st Mark russell Leicester sensas 20lb

2nd Rob wootton wigston 13lb 4oz

3rd Ant king trentmen 10lb 14oz

4th Roger marlow Leicester sensas 7lb 15oz

5th Darren bickerton starlets 6lb 9oz

CANAL

1st Pete scott Leicester sensas 12lb6oz

2nd Brad titmas starlets 8lb14oz

3rd Mark eustace Leicester sensas 8lb 5oz

4th Steve hurst wigston 7lb 15oz

5th john shellard Leicester sensas

TEAMS ON THE DAY

1st Leicester sensas C 28 pts

2nd Leicester sensas B 42pts

3rd Leicester sensas A 48 pts

4th Trentmen 57pts

5th Wigston AS 71pts

6TH Loughborough soar 91 pts

OVERALL AFTER TWO MATCHES

1st Leicester sensas C 76 pts

2nd Leicester sensas A 85 pts

3rd Leicester sensas B 120 pts

4th Trentmen matric 121 pts

5th Wigston AS 136 pts

6th loughborough maver soar 143pts

the final match of these trails is on the 23th september remember any one can book on

Back to top « Last Edit: Today at 1:23pm by joffmiester »
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: MaverBaitech
Sponsor: Maver / Baitech

Unread post by CHOPWORM HERO »

Looks like Leicester are up for it, the winter league that is !!!! UUmmmmmm Trentmen, Quorn, Wigston, Lincoln, Long Eaton and Leicester in the mix.
Could be close this year !!!!!!
Even heard Leicester are having some running line practice !!!!!!!!!!!!
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

10 fishing 10 bank walking choppy so nobody can moan about the walks if someone is helping them with there kit ;) ;) ;)
running line we have all had a go mate not caught a lot, arches is the best section and i'd like to thank brian for all his hard work in getting the pegs ready Image i'm not sure onthe abbey kido aaron was running a dumpy waggler down between a cows legs the other afternoon in 15inches of water Image Image
scotty85
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament
Personal Text: Redfin's forever
Match Team/ Club: Matrix Dynamite Trentmen

Unread post by scotty85 »

choppy i bet there's a few in your squad that wouldn't know what to do with a reel ,ay pal Image.
not used that much on cut's these day's.
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

love the profile picture pete Image
hopefully the press have them as well Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

i'd of thought this competition would of suited shakespeare choppy 3 canal and 3 river :-/ :-/
scotty85
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

did you sort that pallet out pal it looked like the inside of godfreys box.lol Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

proper bad day pete yesterday ,it interfered with my time on here Image Image Image Imagemondays is press day ;) ;)
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

Never knew you did press ups Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

I do p!ss ups Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

::) ::)flower pressing bill its a art mate Image i have to fill my time doing something ::)and i can't drink anymore coffee and tea Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

come on keep voting 680 members come on
if angling is to change we need to know how Image
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Pete You would be surprised how many ' cut ' anglers in the team fish the river on the quiet.
Paul Bick, Darren Lewis, Darren Massey, Macca, Eric Yeomans, Mick Hatchard in the past, Tony Barker to name a few. It's not the case of one trip ponies it's just how fragmented fishing has become in terms of what anglers want for their weekend competitions. Obviously cost comes into it and what's availiable to anglers varies.
I think the main reason for a lot of the shakespeare lads interest in the canal scene is that it is very good and well run in with good attendences. 25 plus sat and 70 plus on most sundays. I cannot fault them one bit for that. They are certainly top draw canal anglers but definately have more strings to their bows.
Joff,
I would have fished your match's but the last two sundays have seen me on the trent having a look before the festival starts next week. Hopefully I might start catching a few soon, maybe :-/
scotty85
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

choppy just a bit of fun pal, i no about massey and lewis  there up on the trent once a week at night pellet fishing,or were last year, and yes we do tend to go were there is a good turn out and like the west midlands the east as a good natural venue following it's all about doing what you want, life is to short and carp are crap. Image
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Nice one Pete,
Maybe I will see You on the bank soon mate and good luck in the forth coming winter league. I really do miss it as there is some great fishing to be had but I have plenty to be going on with at the mo. Image
scotty85
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

looking foward to it richie in joff we trust,i think it will be tight but i think leicester have a great chance mate they look quite strong and no the venues well so bring it on, also nice to be back team fishing with a good bunch of lads, Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

choppy do you think shakespeare would be interested next year i know starlets are mark one too have showed a interest could be a lot bigger Image