If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Fact Finding Mission

Marsh Club Banter.

Moderator: Spamwham

Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Fact Finding Mission

Unread post by Dave C »

Right people I need to check out a couple of venues in Essex. Does anyone want to join me for a fact finding mission one day next week ?

Possibly North Benfleet hall http://www.northbenfleethallfishery.co.uk/
or
Arrans lake at Ingatestone

I have always fancied Arrans as a club venue but as the rules have always insisted on weighing and returning fish over 4 or 5 lb which form a large part of your catch I have avoided it.
I have been made aware that the rules have recently changed to make it worthwhile visiting especially as in a recent match 200lb plus came last in section.
john_holdsworth
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Fact Finding Mission

Unread post by john_holdsworth »

Dave if you want I could meet you on tues 28th if you want.
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Fact Finding Mission

Unread post by Dave C »

Well once again Tony and I will be sacrificing one of our rare days off to research a new water for the benefit of you guys. Tomorrow we will be stuck out in the sun for hours sweating our watsits off while the rest of you get to stay in your airconditioned workplaces drinking fresh tea and coffee all day. I just hope you all appreciate the hardships we go through to help you out. Image Image

If all goes well and the date is free I will try to get a booking for the last Saturday in October.

If John is still free next Tuesday there is another water we could look at as well ::) ::) Image.
Clive
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Fact Finding Mission

Unread post by Clive »

Be careful out there Dave I heard a rumor that there are a couple of female anglers cruising the Essex area looking for easy pickings Image
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Fact Finding Mission

Unread post by Dave C »

Im sure I heard something as well Clive. I thought it said they were good at hooking things. Image
john_holdsworth
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Fact Finding Mission

heard at North Benfleet Lake off the A130 a 41lb carp was caught by a younger age about 8, It nearly pulled him in.
john_holdsworth
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Fact Finding Mission

Where would you like to go on tuesday Image: Stambridge fisheries not far from Rochford on the stambridge road.
Never been there but heard bit's not bad Image.
North Benfleet? no platforms there and alot of carp anglers.
or do you want me to have a word in my local tackle shop for others Image.
Hope you had a great day.
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Fact Finding Mission

Unread post by Dave C »

On the way home tonight I took a wrong road and i managed to find a place to turn round only 400 yards further on. turned out to be the entrance to Oakwood fisheries which has a 24 peg match lake.
Could be a candidate for next week John.
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Fact Finding Mission

Unread post by Dave C »

Following on from our Fact Finding mission today at Arrans lake ( also known as Entire farm) we did indeed find out some facts.

Tony is getting rather tight in his old age. This was backed up by him refusing to feed anything at all for around 3 hours. I think he is trying to stretch his pension to make sure he has enough pellets left for Colemans Cottage.
Im sure we can cope with the rules but it may involve a midmatch weigh in plus the use of anywhere between 2 and 5 nets each plus weighing in fish over 8 lb immediately.

We did manage to catch a few carp but also tried to get a few rudd and roach to support what we were told about there being lots in the lake. Unfortunately we were unable to put together a run of these fish and despite trying loads of things were only able to catch 3 or 4 before they moved out of our swims.

As I am still looking for a venue for October I took a chance and booked 20 pegs for the 27th of October.
Tel
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Fact Finding Mission

Unread post by Tel »

END OF OCTOBER
I'll be in hibernation mode by then  Image
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Fact Finding Mission

Unread post by Dave C »

Take it or leave it Terry. You can stay at home keeping warm in bed and leave the rest of us to bag up if you want to. Image Image

By the way the reason we couldnt catch a run of silvers is that the carp kept beating them to the bait. Image Image

Just imagine fishing a venue with more fish per swim than Rockells used to have and averaging 4lb or more. Plus a much shorter journey to get to. All there is left to do is find somewhere to get breakfast. Image
Tel
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Fact Finding Mission

Unread post by Tel »

That's ok then - don't do silvers Image
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Fact Finding Mission

Unread post by Dave C »

Well up until the last match I didnt think you did carp either. Image Image Image Image Image Image
Spamwham
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Fact Finding Mission

Unread post by Spamwham »

This place is SOLID. More fish than Rockells used to have but average size is 4-5lb. My smallest fish was 2.5lb and best was 8.5lb. The carp are just as daft as they used to be at Rockells. After 25 carp I thought I would try to make things a bit harder for my self, so stopped feeding all together and fished in swims I had not fed at all - didn't make a jot of difference - caught another 55 carp with not so much as a single grain of feed - and no problems with foul hookers of course. Another plus is that only about 25-30% of the fish had mouth damage with the rest in good quality condition and all fighting hard. Needed my Rolfs rigs. The bailiff said that what we were catching was the smaller stuff - the bigger(!) fish stay out in the middle of the lake and tend to feed at night.
john_holdsworth
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Fact Finding Mission

Dave, you might want to try Oak Lakes Fisheries Burnham Road, Southminster. Image and they do matches. Image
Let me know want one you want to do and Zack may be joining us on tesday. Image