If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

roach! bloody things.

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

roach! bloody things.

Unread post by Woodhouse »

For the last two weekends the roach every where seem to have turned off completely.

Why do they do that?

last week was mild and every where fished poor for roach, cold this week and the same seems to have happened again.
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

roach! bloody things.

Unread post by Dodge »

on the FMS today the only roach caught were in one section where there were boats moored up.people live on them boats so i assume the water is slightly warmer and they offer cover from the elements.again the lads who drew there said there was a lot of pike activity......just like where the roach are shoaled on the walsall canal and other canals ;) ;)
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

roach! bloody things.

Dodge.
i've just got off the phone from the lad who runs Bilston angling centre.

They have had a match at Tettenhall, 3lb won the match and 8oz (3 perch) won the section where we all had double figures last year!

Only 1 roach caught in the whole match!
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

roach! bloody things.

Unread post by Dodge »

Weird innit ratbag !!

Ive fished a lot of venues this last year where in the past you could catch lots of dumpy/stamp roach ......including the river weaver,stianforth & keadby canal and lots of other canals up and down the country but something has defininately happened,

you just cant catch stamp roach anywhere in numbers

very few caster fish and i havent caught on hemp for over 12 months !!

maybe its nature....i dont know......something has happened :( :(
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

roach! bloody things.

I have a theory about this, probably crap but i'm sticking to it.

Every year around April/May all the roach, Rudd and skimmers on my stretches of the Walsall canal migrate about a mile to spawn in the shallower weedier sections.

For about 4 weeks you do not see any sign of them at all and anglers fishing only catch perch and odd tench. This year they never went, we have caught them all year. After the floods the stampers started to slow up and then became virtually non existant apart from the odd hemp fish.

I dont think they have spawned, the spawn has to go some where so i think the fish are ingesting it, they are getting every thing they need so why feed.
fert

roach! bloody things.

Unread post by fert »

yes i have notices that on the tamevalley canal roach there dont seem to feeding could be time of year
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

roach! bloody things.

Unread post by MrV »

Lee. I have heard DavidSenior talking about this before on Maggotdrowners. He swears it is to do with "barometric pressure and the moons phases". Sounds a bit far fetched, but i fished a match with them at Pendle view in December. He said there would be no Roach caught "cos of the moon phase" and he was right, apart from farty little pairs of eyes. Image
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

roach! bloody things.

Lee. I have heard DavidSenior talking about this before on Maggotdrowners. He swears it is to do with "barometric pressure and the moons phases". Sounds a bit far fetched, but i fished a match with them at Pendle view in December. He said there would be no Roach caught "cos of the moon phase" and he was right, apart from farty little pairs of eyes.  Image

For 8 months?