If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

How to attach line to a whip ?

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
MarkV
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by MarkV »

Bought myself my first half proper whip ( Sensas Alborella)

The last time I fished like this, Ray Mumford had just come back from France with his pole crooks. My technique is therefore a tad out of date  Image

I used to fix line to the pole end with a piece of tube, wrap it round quite a few times and then have a piece of tubing protruding from the end of the tip to finish it off. Simples.

Did this the other day and had a very enlightening day on a commercial. Bloody brilliant in fact. Rudd, Roach and Skimmers to a pound (which managed to fly) in abundance. It handled them all, no problem. Thought, this is what it must have been like on the Guden ( you have to be of a certain age ).

Did increase the number of wrappings on the tip and took them back on themselves a bit for increased security, but is was on fast.

Next stop the Warwickshire Avon. Bits were fine, but the trouble is, when the Perch turn up, they've grown too much and fight like mad.

I'd upped the line to boat rope so that was fine, but it was the attachment that gave way.

So ... how do we do it ? I know people on here have the answer.  ;)

Have been reluctant to add a stonfo as don't want to permanently alter it at this stage.
Arch
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Arch »

Thats pretty much how i did it. A couple of differences though. Glue a small piece of tubing on the tip a few inches from the end. Slide a small piece onto the rig, tie a loop in the end of the rig, lassoo it back over it's self, put the lassood end over the glued tubing, tighten up, do as many turns as you normally do, then slip the tubing on your rig over the tip end.

Can't claim this as my own, but did read somwhere that someone called Ivan Marks did it this way, or he could have just been copying me, not sure.
:D :D :D

THT,

Arch.