If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Division 1 National Bristol Avon

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Any news ?

Who,s fishing it off this site ?
Pedro
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Pedro »

I am for my sins  :-[

Travelling down thursday ..we're booked in travelodge waterside bath for two nites.

Fish national  then.......  Image...... back  home.
After picking up our medals...that is  Image  Image Image
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by bill yards »

Although in Div One Team Eclipse decided not to fish this one a long time back.

To be honest travelling down there is not bad at all; I've done the trip a few times.

Our problem is that quite a few of us just are not young any more and you need to take the kitchen sink as you don't know what sort of peg you will be on.

Just one of those things but all the best to those that are fishing Div Two on Saturday (at least I've a chance of an end peg at Norbury!) and Div One on August 18th, - bring some metal back.

Image Image Image Image Image Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

we are not fishing this year dodge :-[ :-[ :-[ still trying to build the team one or two new faces three in fact are appearing just too late for the national ;) ;) ;)
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

just found this
Tuesday, 24 July 2012Division 1 National, Bristol Avon, 4 weeks to go
My recent run of luck at the draw bag, ran at the weekend on a river that looked better than it fished. There was still colour and flow on the river, from last weeks rain, and I was expecting it to fish a lot better than it did.

Saturdays match, on the Crane stretch, at Keynsham had a disappointing turn out of only 12 anglers, the river looked good, but very few roach showed and the first 2 weights were next to each other, near the marina mouth, 28lb and 27lb all bream on the feeder. Third was only 10lb, but the rest of the anglers were pegged in an area where there are few bream. I drew a good roach area, a draw I would be very happy with at the back end of the season, but it holds very few bream, and my approach was a single feeder rod and hope for the best, I caught very little for most of the match until the last half an hour when I had 2 drop backs from bream for 6lb, if I had fished for roach for 5 hours I dont think I would have caught 6lb, never mind always tomorrow.

Sundays match, at Newbridge, felt like a national practice match, 88 anglers lined up for the draw, with plenty of faces from 'up north', again the river looked good, nice colour and pace, the bad thing was the bright sunshine and blue clouds, not ideal for bream but I mustnt complain after all the rain of late, it was nice to pack away with dry kit.

I drew permanent peg 104, in the trees at Saltford, not the best area at this time of year, its a lot better after Xmas. Instead of my usual one rod approach of late, I set up a pole to fish for roach and a feeder rod for bream, I figured if I could catch some roach early and a couple of bream later in the day, that might be enough to win the section, there was no chance of winning the match from this area.

I balled it on the pole with my usual roach mix, and started of quite well and probably caught a pound in the first 20 minutes before everything went dead and then all I could catch was the odd tiny perch, so I switched to the feeder and spent the next few hours with just a few tiny perch for my efforts. Word on the bank was that all the 'trees' was fishing the same, just an odd bream showing and a few roach and perch.

20 minutes to go I had had enough, I threw back about a pound and a half of fish and went home for an early bath. There was 1 bream weight in my section of 18lb and Clive Branson won the section by default with 2lb 10oz, he spent the whole match fishing for small roach on a pole and bolognese. Most of the sections in the trees were won with one bream and a few bits and pieces, this will not be a good draw on the day of the match.

One bright note was that a good friend of mine won the match, Ian Pauley, hes a really funny guy who enjoys his fishing and doesnt take things toooo serious. Ian caught 36lb from just below Newton St Loe railway bridge, 8 bream on the feeder, everybody who drew below the railway bridge caught bream until you got into the trees, Ian drew permanent peg 74, this little area of the river you are fishing on the natural bed of the river, before it was straightened and deepened, and you can still feel the gravel on the bottom.

The rest of the people who made up the frame came from 'Newbridge' 29lb 12oz was second and 25lb was fifth, for the size of the match these weights are 'poor' and I would expect the dry and sunny forecast for the coming week to see the river slow down and some colour drop out, if this happens I would expect more roach to show and the bream to shoal up more, the winning bream weight will probably be bigger, but fewer anglers will catch them, but roach will win more sections.

Next week is the £2000 Enviroment Agency sponsored match and it is already sold out and Im hoping my form at the draw bag returns.
Paul_Murrin
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by Paul_Murrin »

Now this is something I have overhead the weekend, that there were thoughts if moving Div 1 to Kennet n avon canal due to parking issues in a certain field?????!!!!
ropa
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by ropa »

I`ll be fishing it Image Image
chavey
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by chavey »

I'm on it, and also fished the match referred above in Callum Dick's blog. I drew about 6 pegs downstream of Callum at the weekend and ended up watching the winning anglers catching the bream. The parking has been sorted out now Murffin as the farmer has been able to get back in the field in question as it has eventually stopped raining!
Mullarkey
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Mullarkey »

i`ll be there, wouldn`t miss it for the world (in fact haven`t missed a national since the first one I fished on GUC in 1983).
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Im going , ive even bought some waders ! Image Image Image Image Image
dan_ashington

Unread post by dan_ashington »

I'll be fishing and hoping for a massive walk so I don't have to sit on a peg that was fished the day before Image
Bonanza216
Cornerstone
Cornerstone
Personal Text: Joan Is Fit
Match Team/ Club: N/A
Sponsor: E.F.C

Unread post by Bonanza216 »

Dodge the only reason you got some waders is to stay away from ants nests pmsl Image
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Dodge the only reason you got some waders is to stay away from ants nests pmsl Image

Im in the water no probs mate after last sunday !!!! Image Image
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: MaverBaitech
Sponsor: Maver / Baitech

Unread post by CHOPWORM HERO »

Hopefully I will be there too, I do hope the AT give the anglers plenty of time to get to their pegs. A late start will help a lot faced with long walks and finding their sections !!!
Chris V
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Chris V »

Any news ?

Dodge shhhhhhhush trying to think of an excuse not to fish this one.... Image Image Image
CHOPWORM HERO
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: MaverBaitech
Sponsor: Maver / Baitech

Unread post by CHOPWORM HERO »

How nice for a £2,000 match to be sold out yet not advertised in the national angling papers.
At least the locals can have a good match.
Pedro
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Pedro »

Div 2 on S&K this saturday..heard theres 26 end pegs.also hear its shut tomorro cos they're weed cuttin  Image

Are they avin a giraffe  ::)

Has  anyone heard owt ??!
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
would probably be good

How nice for a £2,000 match to be sold out yet not advertised in the national angling papers.
At least the locals can have a good match.
correct choppy
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Hopefully I will be there too, I do hope the AT give the anglers plenty of time to get to their pegs. A late start will help a lot faced with long walks and finding their sections !!!

8 am draw , 11am all in ....... one section is about 30 miles from the draw !  Image  Image Image  Image                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
Dodge
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

Unread post by Dodge »

Any news ?

Dodge shhhhhhhush trying to think of an excuse not to fish this one.... Image Image Image

Theres 2 good bleak pegs ! Image Image Image Image Image Image Image :D