If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Match 9 2012 - Coopers Lake Weston on Trent

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Awaiting the results from KOD, but must have been a few fish caught following the positive comments made about the venue posted elsewhere by Josh,Tricast62 and MrV  Image
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by kod »

Awaiting the results from KOD
Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Ta KOD Image

PEG
1 MICK KENN 1.8.0
2 HARRY THE HITMAN DNW
3 PHIL B 5.10.0
4 BRAMBLES 11.8.0
6 GLYN 29.14.0
7 COTTI 1.1.0
8 MGB 3.8.0
9 SMART MART (FK) DNW
10 ROBERTO D 6.0.0
11 KOD 40.0.0
12 BIG BAZ 45.8.0
14 ZORRO 38.0.0
15 MR V 29.6.0
16 YAMO 50.0.0
17 HAHA 17.8.0
18 THE MILKY BAR KID aka JOSH 7.8.0
19 TRICAST62 36.14.0

Looks like some decent weights there Image aok we know that Smart Mart likes to have a walk and tends to tip away unless he'is in with a chance of winning, but what on earth happend to Cotti :o :o :o
Josh1337
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by Josh1337 »

Soon as i knew i had no carp in my swim.. i had to go silverbashing for last hr for majoroty of my weight..
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by TRICAST62 »

Soon as i knew i had no carp in my swim.. i had to go silverbashing for last hr for majoroty of my weight..
it took 4 whole hours be for thee realised their were no carp in swim Image Image Image Image like it milky bar Image thee should of stuck it out on wag Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Thoroughly enjoyed my match, although I was the "meat" in a "Jeffrey sandwich" and got battered both sides  :'( :'(
My plan before I even got there was to attack the Bream and Silvers on the tip and waggler, hence taking 3 pints of caster a kilo of worms, and 3 kilos of Bream mix.  ImageHowever, I had drawn a peg where I had no option but to fish the pole, as I was in a corner and had Yamo in front of me, no more than 25 yards away  Image
Found about 6 foot of water at 12.5 mtrs in a bit of a dip, so fed some mix and choppie/caster at 10 oclock and pellet/fishmeal at 2 oclock. To my right, there was a patch of "brushwood", about the size of TK's wallet (10 yards square) which had obviously been put there as a feature. There were a few carp mooching around it, so that was plan "C" and was fed in 2 spots, one with corn and meat, the other with choppie and caster.
Started at 12.5 metres on the caster and nothing for 10 minutes. 10 more minutes on choppie.....nothing. 10 minutes on pellet....small carp then nothing  :-/ :-/ meanwhile Dennis to my left was netting regularly, and yamo was picking off the odd fish close in  Image Kept re-feeding all the lines and trying them in rotation, but struggling, so decided to step up the feed on the "brushwood". this resulted in a 4 oz roach on a piece of meat, a crucian on the sweetcorn, and a 2 oz pech on the caster Image Eventually, I did start to tempt a few carp out of the brush, whereas Yamo was having a bit of an eventful session, hooking and losing a precession of carp at his end of the brush. He eventually sorted himself out (well done that man) and started to put a decent net together. I finished up losing 4 carp, and landing half a dozen, but it was frustrating, to say the least  :-[ Still, it was a nice venue, and would certainly like another crack at it  Image As for Cotti, he was absolutely gutted when I spoke to him at the end....he just couldn't buy any bites and his weight was 2 small skimmers  Image Image
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by TRICAST62 »

drew peg 19 not bad thee thought until thee sees me fishing pal MBK Image next peg now thy,s realy under cosh to catch now :-? any way decided to fish one pole line at 2+3 out with two set ups vespi red and preston 10 both through top 2s heavy rig had 6lb bottom on light rig 3lb bottom both rigs were 1gr one were bulked other strung both had 14 hooks so no messin bout to day thee thinks, thee also set up big waggler to fish open water at 30 to 40 yards where thee had 9ft of water to fish into with 6mm expanders .All in sounds thee puts 6/7 jaffa sized balls of brown crum with brasem laced with shells worms dead red mag thinkin bream will be main target to day Image how wrong were thee first put in bang battleship battle last seconds smashed up new hook on back out 2 roach 1 skimmer 4 perch thats first hour gone,while thee were fishin pole line thy,s been flurtin pellets on wag line at this point thee asks me pal josh how he,s doin 4lb reply thee gets, me thinks not only one strugglin then. so thee goes on wag which were 6gr loaded rive one of the new models out it were set with double swivel 3ft from hook with just 1 AB shot on which to start were 1ft away from hook and ended up 4" away to show them lift bites thee were getting and it paid of really thee caught a few skimmers and some carp on wag. thee even had me landing net fall apart while thee were playing a bream to net Image really enjoyable day company bang on as is norm brill day for me ta to all Image
kod
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by kod »

but what on earth happend to Cotti    
Think the sight of cotti minus he's shirt again spooked all the fish Image Image Image
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

Nice venue and weather was spot on. Went for silvers and struggled, managed 8 crucians and few skimmers before going to snag to my left. Lost in excess of 20 carp, 10 floats and a top kit, they were zoo creatures. Had a few small ones out on 8 lbs straight thru. Nice place 20 on there would be about right, any more than 20 and it would be a squeeze.
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

Sadly no potato peel this week tho ;)
Brambles

Unread post by Brambles »

Congratulations YAMO good weight for the day. I had a pleasant day except for losing a decent carp just short of the net when my 5lb hook length broke -
I caught one about 4lb just on the whistle which partly made up for it though.

Thanks to everyone who helped me to get my stuff down a tricky bank. Image