If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Match 8 Canal Wheaton Aston

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Well, after much phoning round and emals and posting, we managed t make everyone aware of the change of venue. Thanks for the help Yamo, Chris and Ha Ha  Image My plan was to get there about 8-15 and find a nice parking spot by the gate to the canal......fat chance, arrived at 8-10 and there were already 4 or 5 parked down the lane Image if nothing elese, the cashmores lot are keen. After a bit of banter, went off with Daz and pegged 20, a bit optimistic, which took us about 5 pegs past the last boat. Anyway 13 hardy souls arrived, 18 pegs in the bag, and draws made. KOD drew peg 18, which meant he could walk further on after the match and collect the other 2 peg numbers  Image Big Baz drew me peg 13, which wasn't too bad, just off a the last boat, and before the chubby looking bushes. For Company, I had Tricast to my left, and father and Son duo Zorro and Yamo on 14 and 15. Started setting up, when suddenly, at about 20 past 9, Yamo shoots past me saying he has picked up the wrong rod bag, and had only got river gear so he was heading home to collect his cut stuff  Image ImageFair play, he was home and back with 5 minutes to spare, so I blew the all in 5 minutes late to give him an extra 5 minutes  ;)
To cut a long story short, had some good banter with yamo, put the fishing world to rights, nearly wet myself when he hooked and landed 2 record breaking potato peelings...honest he was on a shoal of em  Image  Then the people on the boat opposite Tricast decided to "empty the bilges" every 10 minutes or so, pumping shower water, washing up water and anything else that would pass through the pipe. If Chris "Golden Danglies End Peg" sends me the results, I will post em up, but I think BDM is back in the real world now, so he may do them....watch this space  Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Sounds a gud un :D

Trust me to miss a cut match Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Trust me to miss a cut match
Think you would have missed it more if it had been on the river :D :D
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

If Chris "Golden Danglies End Peg" sends me the results, I will post em up, but I think BDM is back in the real world now, so he may do them....watch this space

Here you guys - very disappointing that depleted turnout - reminds me of back in the mid 90s

KOD 5.8.0
MR V 3.14.8
BIG BAZ 3.12.0
MIKE ELCOCK 3.10.0
YAMO 3.3.0
COTTI 2.9.8
ZORRO 2.0.0
DAZ WILLIAMS 1.13.8
TRICAST62 1.13.0
PHIL B 0.12.0
THE MILKY BAR KID 0.7.8
GLYN DNW
BIG COL DNW

From a treasurers perspective    Image  , it's a good job 4 guests turned out ...........