If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Dunstone Heath Farm Penkridge Westmidlands.

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Jona_Lockley

Unread post by Jona_Lockley »

Fished this place about a month ago really stuggled, any one fished it what baits and methods?
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Simon (me) a member on here has fished here and will help you out. Welcome to the forum too Image
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: ENGLISH AND PROUD

Unread post by me »

alright mate,  How many people were fishing on the pool? The pool doesn't like pressure. If most of the pegs were taken the fish will just move down to the brambles area up the side of the barn were you cant get to unless you use a feeder. Basicly if i get there and a lot of pegs are in use i dont fish it. I also will not go there if its a bank holiday or hot/ warm dry weekend as that attracts loads of caravaners and fair weather anglers.

Most baits work well on there. Maggot will get you silvers (some nice sized ones) allday as well as the odd carp. For carp, pellet, corn and meat will get you some decent scraps. Just lately ive been fishing muscels and have had some decent fish. there a few decent pegs on there. As you go into the pool theres a long peg  with the bank to its right coming out to a point, this peg is good fishing in close to the tip of the point, follow the pool around and you come to the island, there are 2 pegs to the island (1 left  & 1 right) on both of these pegs fish up the side of the island but tight to it as the fish sit towards the back of the island.  Following the pool around again you come to the last peg (in the corner before the bank sweeps round to the left) on this corner peg fish tight to the reeds on your right and hang on as there are some lumps in these reeds following the bank around to were the banks sweeps round to the left agin (back of the pool) around that corner area there is a hole at about 9m /10m out,  fish in the hole.  dont fish a peg if some one is fishing the next peg, idealy you want some free pegs around you if you can get it and fish to any features  but also don't forget your margins. I only ever fish pole on there . if i end up on the back stretch with no features i  fish a line at  9m, 5m and margins and feed a small cup to start then just little and often until the bites stop then i add another cup and start again little and ofter.

There are a few regulars who fish it often and are sound and swill give you advice. If you speak to john the baliff he will alway give you advice BUT will always say that peg over there (a different one to what your on ) fished its head off yesterday or a bloke had a right net full yesterday off that peg etc etc .
Image Image
mburgess
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker
Personal Text: Budgie

Unread post by mburgess »

Are there any Gudgeon in there Image Image (ME)
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: ENGLISH AND PROUD

Unread post by me »

Are there any Gudgeon in there Image Image (ME)

its one of the very few venues that i have fished and NOT caught a gudgeon YET
Image Image
Jona_Lockley

Unread post by Jona_Lockley »

thanks mate you have been a great help