If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

What you buying next?

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: ENGLISH AND PROUD

What you buying next?

Unread post by me »

Nice tat though drynet nevertheless.

thats the tattoo im getting not dry net . The names are the names of my kids
Image Image
frank
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

What you buying next?

Unread post by frank »

sorry TK no maver tops useally saw maver sections up to mend other poles
frank
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

What you buying next?

Unread post by frank »

Tigerbay
When I was a kid Shakespeare bought out their International match rod, which as far as I could seen at the time was streets ahead of anything else on the market in the 12' version. It's fibreglass and was the first real tip actioned glass rod.

I had a 13ft travel match International 6 piece. 2 pieces made butt section next 2 made middle, next 2 made tip.
Was the best rod I ever used.Was advised by 2 well known anglers to glue the sections together (butt and middle section) but not the tip it was awesome.
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

What you buying next?

Unread post by Dave C »

Ridgeacre

I still have a Shakespeare Travel match but the 12ft version. It just fits in my suitcase for taking on holiday.
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

What you buying next?

Unread post by Woodhouse »

I've just been on the phone to the guy who developed the Shakespeare Sigma Wand....he still has all the original drawings.
diddy
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

What you buying next?

Unread post by diddy »

still have 2 orginals matey. and no i don't want to sell them!!!!! Image Image Image
frank
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

What you buying next?

Unread post by frank »

I've just been on the phone to the guy who developed the Shakespeare Sigma Wand....he still has all the original drawings.

he wouldnt be named Webb by any chance
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

What you buying next?

Unread post by Woodhouse »

he wouldnt be named Webb by any chance

Certainly is Frank....great bloke Steve is.
frank
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

What you buying next?

Unread post by frank »

Certainly is.

When I couldnt show my grandson anymore Steve took him under his wing for a while bought him on bundle
He used to work at the same place as me
GOOD ANGLER
welder
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

What you buying next?

Unread post by welder »

Could do with a new seatbox that i can sit on comfortably. Bigger side table would be very helpful. Waterproof clothes. We will see. Odditys, ie banksticks etc  :)
Get an ON BOX or the Space station gem, "if ya can manage it" with a few attatchments i.e feeder arm, side tray, a couple of short arms with the prologic keepnet connectors. no need for bank sticks. They,re very stable and strong. I,ve had Boss, Brilo, Rive, AS1, Tourny but i had more satisfaction from the Preston and i paid a lot less money. The MILOS have a good range of boxes but the high end models are costly and heavy, a barrow/trolly is a must with these.
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

What you buying next?

Unread post by Simple »

I nearly bought you a Fox Stax box for xmas too Gem :o
Gem
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

What you buying next?

Unread post by Gem »

Awwww very nearly! :) save your money for yourself ;)

Thanks for the reccomendation Weld. Box ive got at the minute is really tiny, im not a big lass, theres nothing to me but even my bum hangs over the edge! Rather uncomfortable after 5+hours. I aquired it from Dai's son Dan who had used it for a while untill he brought a new one cuz it was too small for him.

Something rather light would be ideal (im a whimp and find it hard carrying it all. And my SS isnt always there to help me out of the mud with dads trolley! :-[ lol

Ill have look round and possibly come the summer i may have something comfortable to sit on whilst fishing :D
welder
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

What you buying next?

Unread post by welder »

Actualy Si, you,re right they do seem a decent buy @ £200 with a footplate, I deal for a Lady bottom. :P
frank
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

What you buying next?

Unread post by frank »

gem have look at the matchbox range,they also make the shakey ones the posh boxes ,and the older Maver boxes it light and comfortable. The only trouble Ive had one of the leg locking screw fittings broke made a phone call to Jim who makes em 6 new uns in the post