If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Curse match 5 2012 - Tinca time again........???

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Time for a quick belated report on match 5 down on the cut at Fishley Image

Whilst I ‘manned’ the gate, Heinzer pegged out whilst KOD did the treasurers duties and relieved members of their bish bosh. Image

The places everyone wanted to draw (well at least me) were on the ‘Wides’ (pegs 1 – 7) or the higher the better. Sadly though the colour was dropping out of the cut which had really looked ‘inviting’ the day earlier, even though the cabbages down there are several weeks behind following the cool last couple of months. :(

Come draw time, true to form I pulled out a plum............ smack bang in ‘no mans land’. Image At least I’d got a trolley – thanks to MrV – to assist get the gear to my peg Image. meanwhile Cotti had got even more of his wobbly cheeks in his hands – he’d pulled 8 out of the bag and didn’t fancy it one iota. Image He perked up a little when I told him Bill Yards had done nearly 6lb on the punch on last years SMF championship match Image and when he wandered down to me just before the off he’d warmed up even more to it and actually owned up to fancying giving it a bash.

Anyway enough of the waffle.........I had a struggle Image whilst the top 8 all had a tinca to boost their weights, with a few tincas being lost also. In fact Daz next peg to me got seen off 3 times in 3 put ins inside a 15 minute spell half way through the match

Spose I'd better own up and admit I had two 'bonus' stripeys on chop that would have more than doubled my weight snag me in inside cabbages - in fact one was still on the hook snagged up and I ended up 'knocking it off' whilst tring to net it and all........ Image Image Image

So here’s the tale of the scales...............

PEG
1 ME 0.12.11
2 RICH C 1.9.4
3 PHIL B 0.7.10
4 BIG GEOFF 0.2.7
5 JUAN CHUB 3.13.8
6 MR V 3.11.6
7 GLYN 3.3.12
8 COTTI 4.3.4
9 KOD 3.7.0
10 TRICAST62 0.10.8
11 ZORRO 1.8.0
12 HEINZER 0.8.3
13 DAZ WILLIAMS 0.9.12
14 TK 1.4.4
15 YAMO 2.2.4
17 HAHA 3.3.12
18 ROBERTO D 0.6.8
19 THE MILKY BAR KID 0.10.10
20 MIKE ELCOCK 6.7.12
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

What a difference 2 weeks makes! Drew 2 away from the last match where I had a few Tincas. Fancied it, although what wind there was came smack at me through the gap in the trees opposite.
Same rigs set up as last time, and fed similar lines, though I did feed 2 choppie lines instead of one, knowing how much they liked it last time. Struggled on the punch, but looking to my left, Glyn was having a few silvers. I changed a few things with my rigs, and started to pick up a few on the pinkie, not big fish, but regular. Kept having 5 mins on the choppie, but all I caught was little perch, and one 3 oz rudd.
I hadn't seen anyone to my right catching, and Glynn was still having a few. Stepped up the feed on the punch and pinkie lines, and more or less killed it.  Image
With 45 minutes to go, Martin to my right had a Tinca, which blew me and Glyn out of the water, so time for plan "Z" and stuck the full 16 metres together and cupped a tiny bit of choppie and caster tight over to some lillies. Knew it was a gamble, cos if I hooked a Tench over there, it would be squeaky bum time. Second drop in, a perch about 3 oz, then nothing for 20 minuts. Shallowed up and came 6" off the deck, dropped it in and had a nice Perch, which did make several attempts to snag me. Was it enought to beat Martin and Glyn?? Sorry Glyn  Image    Well done Martin or is it Juan Tinca  Image Well Done Mike.....see what you can do when I am not putting you off in the next peg  :D
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

have the wheels fell off TK mrV Image Image Image Image
Martin_Evans

Unread post by Martin_Evans »

Thanks Mr V. It was a case of Juan Tinca, Juan Rudd! Quite fortunate really as I went out and out for Tench - I could easily have blanked. With 3 hours gone I thought I might!
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

have the wheels fell off TK mrV
I think the wheels went a bit wobbly when he had his CBA match at Border Joff. I just replaced the wheels and its up to him to get them balanced :D :D
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

I think the wheels went a bit wobbly when he had his CBA match at Border

Very true Mr V :(

Still in a bit of a CBA mood and keep wondering whether to join the PAC crew for this Saturday :-/

Might perk up a bit though in the morn - off down the cut with Heinzer Image Dem fish are finally waking up and on the move Image Image
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Unread post by Dave C »

Dem fish are finally waking up and on the move

Up the cut and away from TKs swim. Image Image Image
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by TRICAST62 »

thy,s missin somethin here what,s PAC crew
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

off down the cut with Heinzer    Dem fish are finally waking up and on the move    

I fished about 3 pegs down from the walkover bridge along the Common, stuck heinzer on the next peg down (the stick out reed bed) cuss he wanted to fish the pellet for the bremes.........although it was hardly breme weather  - scorching sunshine

Well Cotti popped along lunchtime to see how we were getting on...........  and to quote him 'I wish we were fishing here on Sat instead of W W'............so it aint just me then

Had a decent day - didnt see any bremes (hardly suprising with it being the hotest/sunniest day of the year) or get seen of by a tinca, but had loads of action - a dozen skimmers or so to 12oz, loads of bostin 4-6 oz rudd, incl 1 that Heinzer reckoned was well over the lb mark  Image (beautiful fish) along with a ruck load of roach and perch

Started on the whitestuff (12oz skimmer within 10secs) finished on the double pinkie over g/b.............despite feeding caster on the pinkie lines, never had a bite on it..........I just cant seem to catch on the caster for some reason  Image

Postscript - took the camera. Pulled the net out to dry and do a catch shot of a bostin net of silvers............

Just dont ask David 'Bailey' Meredith to do the honours  Image

He took what he thought was a couple of pickies of yours truly with a full landing net

Got home, pulled the SD card out of the camera, shoved it in this tin box............... Image

No pictures  Image

Dunno what shutter he'd pressed Image
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by TRICAST62 »

don,t bother answering the PM TK thy,s just read post
david bailey meredith like it Image