If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Curse match 4 2012 - Tinca, tailor, soldier......

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

As a result of learning of a fishery cock up – a double booking - when I sent payment in Dec 2011 for our match booking on a ‘local’ commercial this original match had to be rescheduled with our planned visit much later in the year (Sept 2012) to our canal, So the venues were swapped over. Not a problem, going on recent years.......aok perhaps a little earlier than I would have wished for as the pads and lilies would still be in early bloom, but the weather should be aok..........shouldn’t it ????? Image

Well we all know what the weather has been like over the last couple of weeks – incessant rain at times with cool temperatures and cool north easterly winds. The cut had started walking up a few weeks ago in March when it warmed up for a week or too, but things now appeared on ‘hold’ and things looked somewhat bleak.  :'(

And so we turned up at Fishley, intending to fish the wides and the lower section. But once again the best laid plans were scuppered. Heinzer had checked out access the week before – no problems. But we found out in that intervening week, someone had  again superglued the lock.  >:(  So I pointed everyone off in the direction of Wood Lane whilst I waited at the gate.............. to redirect those members still to arrive who hadn’t handed in a ‘sick note’.

And I waited, and waited...........giving the no shows ::)  plenty of time before setting off on the trek back along the towpath to Wood lane, where I passed Big Baz and Big Col in the opposite direction pegging out.

KOD had also done the honours on the ‘treasury’ front.
So it was draw time. The place to be was the ‘high’ nos on the wides...............but of course I didn’t want a long walk back it was with some consolation that I pulled no 11 out, with Brambles on Golden Peg 1. 

Arriving at 11 it was a little further down than I expected to be – the first 5 or 6 pegs from Wood Lane had been ‘excluded’ and I was in what I believed to be a ‘decent’ area. For company today I’d got KOD on 10 and The Condensed Milk Kid  Image  to my left on 12.

The off and lines fed and a look short on punch. Nowt. That spelt trouble. A look longer on it and 20 mins into the match a bite and roach no 1 was gratefully dropped in the net to avoid the dreaded DNW. KOD was still dry, whilst I learnt that the Condensed Milk Kid to my left was having a bite a put in and was blowing me away. Image

And blow me away he did as bite no2, and fish no 2 didn’t materialise until 1hour 20 mins into the match. Image   By this time KOD came down for a stroll – he was dithering in the cold wind that was whipping through. We were joined by FK who reported that Brambles was walking it with a slab the size of a dustbin lid and a tinca. Well that sounded like the golden peg might be gone again today unless someone on the wides was having a few.

At 12.30 with no more bites forthcoming and with the Condensed Milk Kid owning up to having 30 odd fish, it was time to try the choppy. So it was introduced and I stretched my legs to let it settle for 5 mins...........

Down on the wides, with 2 spare pegs going which hadn’t come out of the bag – just look what I left in there when I drew – things were a little better. Tricast was wheedling out some silvers, whilst Mike Elcock, Cotti and MrV had both snared tench with Gudgeon Basher having been ‘seen off’ Cotti had also landed a pike which had frightened the death out of him when he came to unhook it. Image

Back to try the choppy..................but I couldn’t entice a bite.
A look on the inside punch line and a bite – fish no 3. Another look and straight away fish no 4. The Condensed Milk Kid looked worried  :D  – was a TK comeback on the cards??????

Bite no 5 a few minutes later and fish no5 was on. This felt different.............and so it was. A one ounce stripey was the culprit – on the punch!!!

And that was that – fight back over as I couldn’t tempt another bite.  Image

A bit more more choppy was introduced on a nearer line the back of a weed bed that I’d previously punched. Let it settle for 5 mins and a look. Dragged that worm this way, that way, lift, drop,...........but nowt. A look on the other lines – nowt. Back to the choppy and after a minute., bite no 6.  Image

Was it a tinca? Was it a slab? As it a 2lb stripey? Image

Nope – it was a ‘bonus’ 3-4oz roach.

And that was it for TK – no more bites, but at least a 100% ‘strike rate’ – 6 bites, 6 fish. :D

The all out and was I glad to pack away – it was cold and windy and we’d had a few spots of rain – aok it could have been worse, it could have chucked it down.

Onto the tale of the scales.............

First to weigh was Zorro who’d got this feature in his peg  :D

(click on the pictures to 'blow em up')

Zorro had also managed to snare a tinca and a few nice rudd

But MrV had fared somewhat better  and managed to subdue 5 tincas

And finally in order they were weighed in
PEG
20 ZORRO 3.7.13
19 GUDGEON BASHER 1.0.12
17 MR V 18.11.0
16 MIKE ELCOCK 3.8.0
14 COTTI 3.5.0
13 TRICAST62 2.7.14
12 THE CONDENSED MILK KID 1.10.9
11 TK 0.10.8
10 KOD D N W
9 DAZ WILLIAMS D N W
8 HEINZER D N W
7 SMART MART (FK) D N W
6 YAMO 0.2.0
5 BIG BAZ 1.3.8
4 ME D N W
2 BIG COL 0.2.0
1 BRAMBLES D N W

Not the best of results, but could have been much worse on a cold wind swept canal – plus a few tincas had been lost by anglers that could have ‘shook’ the final placings ‘up a little’            
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by TRICAST62 »

Good read TK  Image and well done to Mr V brill weight  Image carnt wait till next one :D and the condensed milk kid Image absolute brill thats got t stick Image
Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Happily retired.
Match Team/ Club: Maggotdrowning.com
Sponsor: Taxpayers.

Unread post by Mugger »

5 Tinca's!!!!!!!!!!
Top result Mr V. Image

Good report as always TK. ;)
:cheerleader :cheerleader Watch out, watch out, there's a Mugger about :cheerleader :cheerleader
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Great reading TK and pictures. Image Image
Well done Paul, top result Image
MGB
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by MGB »

1      BRAMBLES      D N W
reported that Brambles was walking it with a slab the size of a dustbin lid and a tinca.

Discuss?
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Another Jackanory springs to mind MGB - you know FK ;)
Geoff_E
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Geoff_E »

Good write up TK and well done MR V on a good win.
Glyncar69

Unread post by Glyncar69 »

hello, good write up as usual.hope everybody had a good match.im just sitting in the vip lounge in enfidha airport waiting for flight home.slightly burnt and looking like a six foot fluro.... cu later.
Josh1337
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by Josh1337 »

Milky bar kid sounds better Image Image

Great read TK Image
Geoff_E
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Geoff_E »

The Milky bars are on him Image
abuman
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by abuman »

Well done paul, try and get on one someday :-/
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Drynet »

Nice one TK great report and pictures Imagewell done Paul Image Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Thanks fellas  Image Well, what can I say other than I fancied the draw (about where Simps was on last years forum shindig).
The wind was blowing a hoolie from right to left, and that meant no further out than 7 metres with the pole to avoid breakages  :( 7 metres put me down the track, so fed choppie/caster to the left at 7 mtrs, pellet straight in front at 6 mtrs, and punch to the right at 7 mtrs. Continually dripped a few "shells" in just over the nearside lillies in the hope of maybe snaring the odd big roach.
Started on the punch rig, and had one small rudd in the first 5 minutes. Nothing on the pellet line, nothing on the choppie line, so half an hour gone for one fish  :o Tried a caster over the lillies and had a 2 oz rudd, then hooked one that looked about 12 oz, which shed the hook as I was about to net it.
Back on the punch and four rudd followed by the inevitable......a tinca attached itself to my 1.5 hooklength and disappeared into the far bank lillies, trashing the rig  Image
Ok, so its decision time, set up another rig and go back on the silvers, or go for it with the tench rig  :-/ Lets give it 15 minutes on the heavy gear eh. First put in on the choppie line and I am in, eventually netting a 3 pounder  Image That made the rest of the match fairly easy for me as I then decided to batten down the hatches, wedge the butt of the pole across the spray bar and into my nether regions and hang on for the odd bite. One fish actually caused me considerable pain when I lifted into it, trapping the family jewels against my seat and leading to me having to play it out with tears streaming down my face while trying to keep the fish out of the host of lillie beds. Not easy, I can assure you  :-[ :-[ Image Image Enjoyed the match, as you would when you win, but it really was a case of sticking with one method due to the conditions, and "making" it work from a decent draw.
Brambles

Unread post by Brambles »

Well done Paul, good write up TK

You should see the hole that slab left in my keepnet MGB :'(
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

You should see the hole that slab left in my keepnet MGB
Like it Brian Image Image Image Image
MGB
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by MGB »

Another Jackanory springs to mind MGB - you know FK

I can't believe FK tells porkies, who wuda thought it!   Image
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

Poor match for me it was definitely a Peggy match with high numbers producing. I had 6 bites, 3 micro fish and a tench that snapped my 12oz bottom right by the net to my frustration. Fk found it hilarious!!!

The day could have been worse had it not been for the banter with Fk.
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

Mr v cracking weight bytheway well done Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

It's time for a look at the 'league table' (thanks to KOD who does all the sums) Image

After 3 cut matches and a commie gone Big Baz takes an early lead, with MR V looking 'handily placed' with those river matches to come............  Image

MEMBER PONTS
BIG BAZ 112
MR V 108
ZORRO 100
COTTI 99
TK 94
MILKY 88
GLYN 71
YAMO 71
HAHA 68
KOD 59
RICH C 55
GUDGEON BASHER 52
BRAMBLES 51
HARRY THE HITMAN 50
ROBERTO D 49
HEINZER 49
BIG GEOFF 43
SMART MART (FK) 38
MGB 34
MICK K 28
HOTLIPS 26
JUAN CHUB 22
TOMMY COOPER 14
DEAD PG 5
BULLAH -
PHIL B -
GEOF -
ABUMAN -
LASHER -
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

TK sorry i missed this is mrV on simons peg from last year Image 5 tench :o :o well done mrV Image Image
NEXT CHAMPIONSHIP IS IN HOLLAND
Image Image Image Image Image