If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Curse Match 3 2012 - Bombed out at Border

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Well I’m starting to understand people who say ‘I don’t know how I found the time to go to work’ as I’m experiencing the same issue finding the time to pen a few words for a report........... just don’t know where my time goes to, now I’m only ‘doing’ one day a week on this pre retirement malarkey Image

But it’s pouring down outside – a bit too wet to go fishing – well you don’t wanna get your gear soaked on a supposedly ‘pleasure session’ do you............and a bit too damp to give the bowls an outing on the green at the mo. As SHMBO has gone to work, spose I’ve got time sitting here listening to ‘Lorraine’ on Daybreak to knock a few words together.

Border Fishery. One I was really looking forward at the start of the week, but as time progressed I became ‘distracted’ and didn’t really focus on this one. Aok, I popped in the shops and got a bag of corn and a tin of meat (and also arranged with Cotti to get me some ‘get out of jail’ bait) but as the week rolled on I started to look less forward to it. :-/

Regular readers will remember we’ve had ‘Mugger moments’ before, Image well come Saturday morning I was well into a full blow ‘TK CBA moment’. Spose this had started on the Thursday when Heinzer had rung me ‘for a bit of info’. I didn’t possess too much info, but as he talked about pre setting up feeder rods, presetting up float rods the CBA mode kicked in as I thought sod that.

CBA mode almost peaked on Sat morning when I got up as i thought to myself ‘Wished Heinzer knew where Border was, cuss I’d ring him and tell him not to bother picking me up, but i’d got the Tom Tom..........

Arriving at Border I’ve gotta say, first impressions – and last impressions come to that – were what a picturesque and pleasant fishery. Image Just a shame it isn’t a tad closer or I could see myself joining Bay Malton.............. all in all, it looks a well run and impressive fishery. Image

A few pleasantries were exchanged in the car park and Dead Peg confided he was also verging on CBA mode. Off I set with KOD and HaHa to peg out, but half way there, I CBA and wandered back where Roberto was doing the treasurers duties – ta.

We’ve had stalking heron rigs, swooping buzzard rigs, but the CBA mode temporarily lifted a I learnt of Josh’s latest secret weapon as he demonstrated to Tricast62 in the car park his ‘Budgerigar rig’ Image Highlight of the day really for me ;)

The draw was made and I found myself on end peg 1...........not exactly where I wanted to be as the wind was blowing in the opposite direction and it meant somewhat limited ‘banter’ not being flanked either side, but at least it wasn’t a ‘mega hike’

Mr V had ‘tipped me the wink’ during the week and l had only gone and drawn the same peg that he referred to, The info was seemingly reinforced by comments from HaHa Image as he passed by onto his peg on the other side of the huge island that separated half of the membership.

Well Lorraine on Daybreak has just finished so I’d better press on cuss I aint had my cornflakes yet...... :D

Four rigs were set up do some damage with the supposedly 50lb plus of silvers and skimmers I was gunna catch off this ‘flyer’.......as with 10 mins to spare I wandered down to Glyn.

‘How you lackied that pole for today?’ I enquired

‘I aint bought it, I’m gunna fish the bomb’ (Now there’s a possible clue to the title......... or is it a little red herring?) Image After a little chat I returned to my flyer ready for the whistle.

The off and lines fed.........

First put in and a 4oz roach comes off the hook. ‘Oh shucks’ or words to that effect I thought to myself. Next put in and nowt....... Image

In fact those silvers weren’t exactly in suicidal mode as over the next 5 hours I wheedled a few out from here and a few out from there whilst I couldn’t see much happening to my left either. In between wheedling a few bites I slipped deeper into CBA mode and really felt that whilst I was tidy I was somewhat just going through the motions..........

Just for Joffie I took out the camera half way through to shoot off these two pictures just so any one not au fait with the match lake we were on could get a bit of a feel for it...........(hard to believe they were taken just seconds apart)

And CBA mode wasn’t helped when I was ultimately ‘Brambletised’ in the last hour as Brambles, with just a couple of silvers in the net wiped me out with two carp. Ah well, back to the drawing board..............

So here’s the results in order they weighed in.........

PEG
34 COTTI 9.2.0
33 ZORRO 10.5.0
32 BIG GEOFF 10.3.0
31 HAHA 16.12.0
30 DEAD PEG DNW
29 HEINZER 17.5.0
27 BIG COL 28.4.0
26 ROBERTO D 1.2.0
25 TRICAST62 DNW
24 SMART MART (FK) 16.8.0
22 MIKE ELCOCK 5.4.0
20 MR V 26.1.0
19 JOSH 16.10.0
17 DAZ WILLIAMS DNW
15 RICH C 18.5.0
13 BIG BAZ 21.8.0
12 MANCUB 9.2.0
11 MGB 2.14.0
10 GLYN 48.13.0
8 KOD 4.9.0
7 YAMO 7.15.0
6 MICK K 0.8.0
5 HARRY THE HITMAN DNW
3 BRAMBLES 7.12.0
1 TK 7.6.0

Seems a fair few had struggled...........all I really know was Cotti with two carp for his weight, Tricast62 had had to resort to a cut rig to get a bite – which culminated in getting smashed up. Harry the Hitman had had the one bite but been seen off.................Dead Peg was in a deep CBA mode and also tipped his couple of lb away........................whilst
Glyn had paralysed it and ‘bombed’ us all out big time, winning with a decent weight, Image although a dejected HaHa did confide that he’d lost a fair few and should have done ‘80lb plus’

Well done Glyn, that’s a new name to grace a Cashmores trophy next year Image .......... that’s if we bother with a presentation evening in2013......... :-/

Just to reiterate, nice venue, Image wouldn’t mind another bash at Border preferably without the CBA mode

Right it’s stopped raining, I’m off out for a game of bowls............. Image
harry911
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by harry911 »

well put tk coudnt put it better myself
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by TRICAST62 »

thy agrees with harry TK still a good read Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Unread post by Simple »

Bloody Hell TK, CBA mode sounds nasty Image Image

Another great read, thank you Image

Well done Glenn the bombing bandit :D Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Ooooooh......dont like the sound of this CBA  Image I think we have all been there TK  :-/
Well Done Glynn, excellent result for you Image Having visited the venue for a walk around on the Bank Holiday weekend, i was really looking forward to this one. It seemed Carp would win, but there was every chance of some good weights of silvers. I saw plenty of Roach caught that were touching 12oz, with 1lb plus skimmers, and thought if someone sat it out on them and kept them coming they may do a big weight. Lovely venue with great facilities and comfortable pegs.
Come the match, I drew the good side of the lake with the wind blowing at me, but was a little concerned after plumbing up...I couldn't find more than 18" anywhere  Image A few chucks to the island with a straight lead and every one came back covered in weed  Image Oh well. I am here for 5 hours, lets make the most of it (no CBA for me!!)
Set up a "light" rig of 2lb straight through, and a beefier 4lb to 3lb rig for 9 metres, and a Pig Rig of 6lb straight through for the inside, where I had a foot of water.
Fed 10 oclock at 9 metres with pellet and a bit of fismeal g/b, and at 2 oclock with loosefed maggot. Also dripped a few grains of JGG down the edge. Caught fairly well on the maggot line, but not big fish. Couldn't buy a bite on pellet or meat, and after 3 hours thought I may have "3lb of bits"  Image Had a few minutes down the edge with the corn and had 2 instant bites....a 3oz roach and a gudgeon  Image Back on the maggot for another half hour, and stepped up the feed inside, hoping to feed off the bits. Hour to go, tried the corn again and bang, resulted in a carp about 3lb (or so I thought). next put in another one of similar size. With half an hour to go, I had managed 4 of them. The last half hour I had 2 bites. First one snagged me on an old staging post buried in the silt. On Black hdro pulled tight, I was lifting the Carp, and the staging post to the surface, but couldn't get my net under the fish  ImageAfter a 10 minute tug of war, the line parted above the hook, and the carp waved me goodbye with his bloody tail  Image Put a new rig on for the last 10 minutes, and hooked another which set off towards Crewe at an alarming rate. managed to get some control, and got down to the top 2 with the pulla thingybob working ok. saw it a couple of times, and would guess it was "touching doubles". Guess what, it took off again this time towards Stoke and shed the sodding hook  :'( :'(
All in all, I enjoyed my five hours. Josh asked what I had and my reply was "about 3lb of bits" which had him laughing. My 4 carp went 19lb odd, and with 6lb of bits finished with a nice 25lb.Best laugh of the day though was FK hooking a duck up the Derryair. Wish I had taken the camera  :D :D
Brambles

Unread post by Brambles »

Just to reiterate, nice venue,   wouldn’t mind another bash at Border preferably without the CBA mode

I'll agree with that TK I enjoyed my day despite only 12 oz of bits after 3 1/2 hours, like Mr V couldn't find carp till last hour.

Pleasant read TK nice to be in the frame for a change - photo that is  :-X
Don't know where this morning's gone.

Well done Glyn. That's a good weight  for the day.

Nice well kept pool let's have it again sometime in the near future please Tony.
Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Happily retired.
Match Team/ Club: Maggotdrowning.com
Sponsor: Taxpayers.

Unread post by Mugger »

Good report TK, but that CBA sounds like something to avoid, especially if it's added to a  Image.

I think we may have to get you guesting on a Marsh match. ;)
:cheerleader :cheerleader Watch out, watch out, there's a Mugger about :cheerleader :cheerleader
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

I think we may have to get you guesting on a Marsh match.

Oh my God Peter, you are a very brave bunch if you want the master of Image and the new Head of CBA to come and guest on a match ::) ::)
Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Happily retired.
Match Team/ Club: Maggotdrowning.com
Sponsor: Taxpayers.

Unread post by Mugger »

Trust in the power of positive thinking Mr V  ;)

One of our Gruellers would still be a RED LETTER DAY for TK. Image
:cheerleader :cheerleader Watch out, watch out, there's a Mugger about :cheerleader :cheerleader
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

As all had high hopes but despite kod and my best efforts to snare a carp they never turned up on our pegs. We had little or no breeze and only had bites when the sun came out.Had to resort to silvers and managed nearly 8lbs with no bonus fish. Lovely venue, fish in great condition would love to give it a crack again and bury a few demons. Fortunate for me I just about avoided being 'brambletized'
Geoff_E
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by Geoff_E »

Great write up TK, give it another month and it'll throw out some big weights Image
Josh1337
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by Josh1337 »

Great read TK! Image

Wouldnt mind giving it another bash next year :D
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Drynet »

Nice on TK Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

SORRY TK DIDN'T GET TO SEE IT UNTIL NOW proper busy week Image Image Image Imagetrying to get every thing done for my week away well a week and a bit now Image Image Image Imagejust don't tell the tank commander Image Image Image
Glyncar69

Unread post by Glyncar69 »

dont you just love it when a plan comes together.
having had a bit of inside info of a good source it was going to be either method to the island or straight bomb two thirds across, depending on what peg was pulled out.
pegs 1 to 6 pegs 24,26,28 would be the method anything else the bomb...
also was told can catch on the pole at 16 metres,aint geared up for that at the moment so that was a non starter.
have confidence in what your doing and stick to it was the last advice given,and the fish will come.
so with all that in mind all in..double banded 8 mm pellet went two thirds across followed by two or three pellets pinged over the top every min.and sure enough after constant feeding and patience started to one or two liners then wollop straight round number one carp in the net.
border fisheries very nice well run and looking forward to the next one.
good job ducks dont get weighed as i heard FK was getting one a chuck