If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Curse match 2 2012 - Must Tri Casting better

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Well that's the title sorted ;)
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by TRICAST62 »

and Image
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

no chapter 1 yet TK
paul_brown
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Unread post by paul_brown »

Was it that bad????????? :D :D :D :D :D
Josh1337
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by Josh1337 »

Hahaha claaa title Image
TRICAST62
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

thy,s just clocked it cona wait for this now Image
paul_brown
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Must av been a real Image Image Image if TK aint posted summat yet Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Must av been a real  Image Image Image if TK aint posted summat yet  Image Image

Too right for some Image

Got the results off KOD but dunno when I'm gunna find time to think of sumat to say cuss I aint been to work today :D (and been practising this retirement lark on the crown green this afternoon) :P ;)
paul_brown
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

and been practising this retirement lark on the crown green this afternoon)

wheres that at and what did you catch Image Image Image Image Image
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: ENGLISH AND PROUD

Unread post by me »

(and been practising this retirement lark on the crown green this afternoon)

the picture ive seen of you practicing you aint on any green but am sat on a settee rolling a ball across you living room or was in a lump of rock hard g/b ?????????
Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

or was in a lump of rock hard g/b ?????????

I was practsing 'balling in' ME Image
Josh1337
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by Josh1337 »

So thats where your 'missing' groundbait went! Image
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Unread post by Dave C »

This retirement lark is very hard work TK. Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

This retirement lark is very hard work TK.  Image Image

You are telling me DaveC Image - I'm only practising on a 'wind down' of two days a week during April and I'm jiggered already :D
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Had a hard day licking envelopes today........playing catch up after a game of bowls yesterday...........so no results yet

I'm off again tomorrow practising for this retirement lark  :P - cancelled a practise sessiion with Heinzer cuss of the weather forecast  - so if the missus doesnt thrust a paintbrush in my direction, hope to pen a few words in the morn  :-/
Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Happily retired.
Match Team/ Club: Maggotdrowning.com
Sponsor: Taxpayers.

Unread post by Mugger »

About time they got you some self sealing envelopes >:(, wouldn't want you to run out of lick at your age TK. ;)
:cheerleader :cheerleader Watch out, watch out, there's a Mugger about :cheerleader :cheerleader
paul_brown
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

Come on TK let us know what we missed Image Image Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Well after another taxing day off work practising for this retirement caper – it was taxing, honest, I aint had time to switch this tin box because SWMBO had both the granddaughters at home today,  Image I thought I’d better get my head down and pen a few words.........(glad I’m going in for 5 hours tomorrow for a rest)  Image

The Shroppie at Little Onn.  Image  A venue requested by a couple of members for a return visit. Well actually we’ve visited the canal here a few times in the past and it’s thrown up some decent matches and some decent weights. Image  We couldn’t go wrong, could we? After all we’d had a decent match a fortnight ago just a couple of miles south......... Image

I know a few were looking forward to it, myself included, although I’d clocked Bill Yards match results from a fortnight earlier when it had seemingly fished a ‘tad harder’  :o than our coinciding match. In a conversation with another member on the eve of the match I suggested that a couple of pounds would be a ‘good weight’, but he thought I was being ‘negative’ and I’d have to set my sights a lot higher. Hmmmmmmmm....... :-/

On route to the venue I received a call from Fatty K. ‘Where am ya?’ he asked.
‘Just setting out’
‘Coming to the cafe?’
‘Nope’
‘How do I get there then?’ This coming from a guy who on his Cashmores debut a couple of years ago fished Little Onn, was having the proverbial grueller with just a bit or two and was about to pack up with an hour to go. Only he didn’t and put 10lb on the scales in that last hour to win it – yep, Fatty K, cut crack extraordinaire. Image

The conversation didn’t last long because The Wedge apparently walked in the cafe and FK advised he’d follow The Wedge there. Image

Off I finally set with Heinzer and with just a couple of miles to go, the phone rang again. It was F K again.
‘Where’s this cut? We’re at Church Eaton’ Image
‘You’ve gone too far, turn round and head back and we’ll pick you up as you pass in the opposire direction’, which is exactly what we did.

Arriving at the allotted farm – Swifties – we parked up and a fair few bodies were already milling around.
Gear out the car and off we traipsed to peg out – a motley crew of several of us soon had 25 pegs in as Tricast gave Josh the low down on ‘all the flyers’ as they went in. Image

Draw time. I really wanted 1-9, but the % chances of that diminished somewhat as 4 walking wounded had first shout at pegs 1 – 5. :'(   Changing the habits of a lifetime I had a dip in the bag, with several pegs still left in and no 14 stuck to my sweaty palm. Well, not one of the early pegs, and not one of the favoured high numbers, well there was some consolation in that as I only had to walk just over half way up the section.

The Golden peg was drawn and again it was under threat today with MrV on a ‘high un’. Image

I had my bait off Cotti – ta Mr Cotti for doing the honours  Image but it was at this stage I realised disaster no1 had struck. Image  I’d forgotten my ‘trusty’ ground bait. I’d got a bit of Secret stacked away, but that was all.

I passed Josh on route to 14 and as he’d landed on one of Tricast’s favoured areas, advised that it was ‘all up to him’ to ‘save’ the golden peg today – daint mean to put you under any pressure Josh  :D

As I arrived at 14, Tricast dropped me a bag of GB off – ta mate – along with my carryall that he’d kindly loaded on his barrow for me.  Image

I surveyed the peg and decided 7 lines instead of 11 would suffice today. Image

Here’s a pickie of the peg taken half way through......what would you do? Might not look it on here, but that rh trailing ‘bramble’ hung over a fair bit – it was about 8/9 meters over, protruding further than I liked, making things a little awkward.  :(  (Click on it to blow it up)

Anyway on the off I fed a couple of Shroppie no3 lickie lines – just coming down the far shelf and up it. Some GB and squatt was fed in between these lines to ‘my left hand side feature’, with the same going in on the Stalking Heron and Soaring Buzzard lines. Image

A first look on the shorter lickie line and after a minute or two a bite – with a roach that Cotti describes as able to ‘read the paper through’  being the culprit to save the dreaded D N W. Image  Another couple slowly followed, but Big Col, company  to my right today, soon snared a few better roach and odd netter skimmers whilst I was going nowhere.  Image

In fact despite alternating all my lines I was having a right grueller as plans A to L failed to put much in the net in the first 2 hours or so........ so with I think just 14 fish in the net at that stage it was time to stretch the legs and take a pickie or two for Joffie.  :D

To my left  - looking south at those lower numbers..........

And Big Col and Co to my right

Good to see Glyn out with us again – that’s a nice looking pole you’ve got there Glyn  Image ;)

Roberto D was also having a grueller and was chatting to his mate Mike that he bought along today

Well from the look on MrV’s face as I approached you wouldn’t believe that he was sacking up would you?

Well he wasn’t, :D  although he’d got his nose infront of me with a description of what he’d snared.

Then onto Tricast on end peg 24.............think the little smile said it all,  Image especially as he confided fish no 4 was a bonus lb skimmer and as I stood for a minute or two it was a bite a chuck from dumpy roach just in front of an inviting looking bush

Traipsing back, encouraged that I was now gunna empty the Stalking Heron and Soaring Buzzard lines...............well you can dream on, can’t you............Smart Mart aka F K, Bagging Machine, was still focussing on a late run of skimmers........

Well enough of this waffle as that’s all it was a dream  :D - as I wheedled a few more fish out, with one on the whistle to finish with a grand talley of 21...............no chance of me losing count today  :D

So onto the tale of the scales.........in order they were weighed in

PEG
24 TRICAST62 7.0.12
23 RICH C 1.13.8
22 MR V 0.14.9
21 MIKE ELCOCK D N W
20 HAHA 1.1.0
19 ROBERTO D 0.1.9
18 GLYN 0.8.0
17 SMART MART (FK) D N W
16 HEINZER 0.6.12
15 BIG COL 1.14.4