If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Maver Elite Carp Pole

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Maver Elite Carp Pole

Unread post by Simple »

Got this pole yesterday from Ians Fishing Tackle to replace my maver 401 which I have had for 5 years and was starting to show its age.
To christen it I threw it in at the deep end and fished the last round of the spring pairs league at Rolfs Lake.

It comes with 4 power kits, mini extension and a cupping kit(with cups). I did not have time to elasticate the kits but my kits from my 401 fit perfectly so that was a bonus. I did fit my Preston Kups to the cupping kit with gave me another power kit from my old cupping kit.  :D

I got to my peg and was quite excited as I got it out and set it up. Shipping out to 13m I immediately noticed how much stiffer it was than my 401, a lot less bounce and it felt stronger too. I was very pleased so far.

With the match started it was not long before I hooked in to a carp. I had Pink Vespe in, I shipped back slowly and watched to see how the pole was bending. It was fine and handled it easily. A nice 12lb carp to christen my pole.

I tried it at 14.5m also and it was brilliant and performed better than my 401. Weight wise it was about the same but it was stiffer by quite some way.

I few things I have noticed...
On the 11.5m and 13m section it says "11.5m & 13m with mini extension" so if i'm reading it right then its actually 11m and 12.5 with those butt sections fitted.
The wrap on the sections near the female joints goes a lot further up the pole and are a lot stronger, where your elbow sits.
Bad Point.. The butt sections are longer than my 401 and any competition plus range so make sure it fits in your holdall if your thinking about getting one. It does not fit in my Airity 6-8 tube holdall  Image

I have just cut back and bushed up the proper power kits for this pole and cant wait to try them out. They are a bit shorter than the deluxe power kits that I was using on my 401 but feel just as strong.

The biggest carp I had today was about 16lb and it handled it no problem at all.

Overall Im very pleased so far. Will be nice to see what it's like fishing at 5-6m and also I bet it's superb with lighter elastics in, something with I will be trying out in the future.
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Maver Elite Carp Pole

Unread post by Drynet »

Nice one Si sounds a nice peice of kit mate Image
Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Happily retired.
Match Team/ Club: Maggotdrowning.com
Sponsor: Taxpayers.

Maver Elite Carp Pole

Unread post by Mugger »

Thanks for that Si. Image
Look forward to seeing one of these on the bankside and having a waggle with one myself (hopefully on Saturday  ;)) Sounds good from your initial thoughts.
:cheerleader :cheerleader Watch out, watch out, there's a Mugger about :cheerleader :cheerleader
mburgess
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker
Personal Text: Budgie

Maver Elite Carp Pole

Unread post by mburgess »

Nice one Image Will be testing mine out saturday at rolfs on them pesky perch Image Image
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Maver Elite Carp Pole

Unread post by SiDev »

Mugger,

Will gladly let you have a waggle of mine on Saturday :D :D ....
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Maver Elite Carp Pole

Unread post by Simple »

Have you used yours yet Si ?
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Maver Elite Carp Pole

Unread post by SiDev »

Not yet Simps....was hoping to get out before the weekend but not much chance....all elasticated and just begging to go Image...gret little write up earlier, sounds like you're pretty pleased so far !! Image Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Maver Elite Carp Pole

Unread post by Simple »

Yes very pleased. Just want to try it with the proper kits on it as they are a far bit lighter than my old kits. I think it will make a big difference.

Good luck with yours Image
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Maver Elite Carp Pole

Unread post by SiDev »

Cheers fella....I'll report back ;)
Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Maver Elite Carp Pole

Unread post by Mugger »

Mugger,

Will gladly let you have a waggle of mine on Saturday  :D :D ....

Cheers Simon. Image
:cheerleader :cheerleader Watch out, watch out, there's a Mugger about :cheerleader :cheerleader
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Maver Elite Carp Pole

Unread post by Dave C »

Image Image Image Just got the phone call my new pole is in the shop waiting collection. Now am I fit enough to drag myself out of my sickbed to go and get it.
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Maver Elite Carp Pole

Unread post by SiDev »

There's going to be a lot of waggling going on Saturday Image ;)
Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Maver Elite Carp Pole

Unread post by Mugger »

Image Image Image   Just got the phone call my new pole is in the shop waiting collection. Now am I fit enough to drag myself out of my sickbed to go and get it.

Dave,
If you're considering it, that probably means you'll be fit enough to make the match on Saturday. ;)

Will the chaps wielding new poles triumph on the day? or will those who don't feel the need to be Tackle Tarts  Image prevail with their trusted bits of kit?  Image Image Image
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Maver Elite Carp Pole

Unread post by Dave C »

Peter. Once you have had a play with Simons new Maver I am sure you will seriously consider getting one and rejoining the Tackle Tart list.
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Maver Elite Carp Pole

Unread post by Simple »

I'm not a tart Image. I HAD to get a new pole as my old one was worn out with all the bagging Image Image
SiDev
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Maver Elite Carp Pole

Unread post by SiDev »

To be fair....and I'm not asking for fairness.....my pole fell apart basically after Allders last year!!!....tackle tart or not, I'll be wearing my lucky hat Image Image
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Maver Elite Carp Pole

Unread post by Dave C »

Well Kevin will be OK. Ive just finished cutting back and elasticating all his 7 topkits for him. Image

My problem is that Kevin bought all the drennan bungs from Danson and there are none left for me. Image Image Image
Looks like I may have to try taking the bungs from Gladys pole temporarily or just make do with all my old topkits.
kev the catch
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Maver Elite Carp Pole

Unread post by kev the catch »

Thanks Dave. Image Image

Your sacrifice is very much appriciated. Image Image
Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC

Maver Elite Carp Pole

Unread post by Mugger »

Kev's got a new one too!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope this doesn't turn into another BeastMaster saga. Image Image Image Image
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Maver Elite Carp Pole

Unread post by Dave C »

Whats wrong Mugger Feeling Left out. Image Image

Dont fret as once you have a play with Simons pole I will lay money on you owning one within 3 months. Best be quick though they are selling like hot cakes. Image Image Image