If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Curse Match 1 17/3/12 - The 3lb of bits brigade...

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

Glyncar69

Unread post by Glyncar69 »

great write up as usual tk.good opening match and some good nets of fish,roll on little onn.and thanks tk and tricast and every one else its good to be on the bank again...
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Unread post by Dave C »

Well done TK thats 2 out of 2 now can you make it the hattrick at Little Onn. Image

You really must improve your estimates though TK as weighing nearly 3 times your estimate is taking liberties. You will end up with a reputation as bad as some of the Marsh anglers. Image Image
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Unread post by Drynet »

Well done TK great stuff mate nice report and a good days fishing. Image
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

can you make it the hattrick at Little Onn.

No chance Dave - rub a dubs or bream will win it - and you know that anything over 4 oz frightens the life out of me Image

Having no count of what I'd got I was genuinly hoping for 4 - 5lb ............now in the past I've looked a prat owning up to having a 1lb and then my 83 fish have only gone 11 oz, so I do err on the side of caution

Must have been those ' barbel' I had as Glyn described them - some were real meaty uns Image - just like what we used to have on the Trent in the 80s - good ounce fish, 5 to 6 ins long, like mini torpedos Image
YAMO
Cashmores MG
Cashmores MG

Unread post by YAMO »

Excellent club venue would like to give it another crack. I did lose a chub in the track having retrieved it twice from under the boat.

The interesting thing for me was that roach a chuck on punch no sign of a gobbie. As soon as I dropped a pinkie on it was a gudgeon a chuck.
Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Happily retired.
Match Team/ Club: Maggotdrowning.com
Sponsor: Taxpayers.

Unread post by Mugger »

Well Done Tony, 2 in 2  Image
You will end up with a reputation as bad as some of the Marsh anglers. Image Image
Oi!!!!!!!!!! Mr Chairman, what are you trying to infer? Image

One question Tony, I noticed that there were only 2 DNW's out of 21 anglers. Surely that can't be classed as a proper  Image match. Image
:cheerleader :cheerleader Watch out, watch out, there's a Mugger about :cheerleader :cheerleader
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

Unread post by joffmiester »

TWO OUT OF TWO BL#ODY HELL YOU'L BE BAND Image Image Imagecan't believe how much coverage the chap from burtons getting
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

Excellent club venue would like to give it another crack.

Noted Yamo Image

only 2 DNW's out of 21 anglers

The two DNW's did tip 1- 2 lb a piece away Mugger - perhaps they were trying to make me feel more at home :D

TWO OUT OF TWO BL#ODY HELL YOU'L BE BAND

Stop giving them ideas Joffie Image Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

Excellent club venue would like to give it another crack. I did lose a chub in the track having retrieved it twice from under the boat.

Ditto that Yamo. Great venue with handy parking Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Unread post by MrV »

While reflecting on this match it was one of those days where I made the wrong decision at the outset, and only changed when it was too late  >:(
My peg was in a noted area for the odd good skimmer net, so I made the conscious decision to try the caster/choppie line far more often than i would normally, just in case they turned up, so plan was for 5 minutes on that line every 15 - 20 minutes or so.  Image
Fed a punch line, and a squatt line at the off, along with choppie and caster at 5-6 metres. Also fed a "stalking heron" line and went on that for first 2-3 minutes without a rap. So over on the punch and several small roach. A look on the squatt to rest the punch, and a few small roach and gobies. Onto the skimmer lines, nothing. No probs, they will arrive me thinks  ::).
Repeated the rotation several times, with the same results, apart from a 4oz perch on the choppie line, and a 3oz hybrid on the caster.  :-/
I was actually enjoying the match, and time slipped by fairly quickly. Before I knew it, there was less than an hour left, and I felt I wasn't doing enough so.........decided to stick it out on the squatt, and see if I could get into some better roach. Well they weren't better, but there was certainly plenty of em.  Image
Afterthought reminded me of something Ray Mills once said to me....."catch whats in front of you, not what might be there". Its an adage I have stuck to throughout my fishing life, I just guess I forgot the golden rule on Saturday  >:( On working it out, I must have fished for the "non existent skimmers" for over an hour of the match. That hour could well have put me another couple of pounds of squatt fish in the net, maybe more. Ah well, lesson learned, again, and, hindsight is a wonderful thing  ::) ::) ::)
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by TK »

An interesting dissection and analysis that is MrV   Image

That's one thing I do miss with the club these days - a few years ago we used to have such after match discussions as to what went well, what didn't, what unusual lessons were learnt (if any), made all the more unforgetable as HaHa strategically used to move the beer mats or what ever was to hand about the table in order to convey a point.

But it all that died when secrecy crept in..... :(
MarkV
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Unread post by MarkV »

Cracking canal club weights for this time of year  :D

Usually they're right gruellers !