If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Browning Xitan Z12

Anything fishing here including Tackle and Bait.
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Browning Xitan Z12

Unread post by Simple »

Just been reading through bumf for this pole and I have to say it looks very impressive. A lot of thought has gone into this pole.
I like that the topkits are all made the same length even with various diameter bushes fitted. The pole protector section are a good idea too.

A lot of features but then its a lot of money Image

http://www.xitanz12.com
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Browning Xitan Z12

Unread post by Drynet »

Does look good mate Image
Mugger
Marsh AC
Marsh AC
Personal Text: Happily retired.
Match Team/ Club: Maggotdrowning.com
Sponsor: Taxpayers.

Browning Xitan Z12

Unread post by Mugger »

Simps, Have a word with Justin , he's got one. :)
:cheerleader :cheerleader Watch out, watch out, there's a Mugger about :cheerleader :cheerleader
raggot

Browning Xitan Z12

Unread post by raggot »

the professional package can be taken upto 18.6m with the pole protector's

Probably wont bother then i only have 2 pole rollers
Golden_balls

Browning Xitan Z12

Unread post by Golden_balls »

I have one, and I must say it's the best pole I've ever had.
I previously had a Diawa Tournament pro.
It might be easy for me to say that as a sponsored angler, but believe me the pole speaks for its self and comes with a lot of niceties such as pre bushed top kits, dolly butt sections as well as the precision point graphics.
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Browning Xitan Z12

Unread post by Simple »

What is the biggest fish you have had on yours Jason?
mburgess
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker
Personal Text: Budgie

Browning Xitan Z12

Unread post by mburgess »

Nice Pole ImageLooks ok to put my runner Beans up Image
Paul_Murrin
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Browning Xitan Z12

Unread post by Paul_Murrin »

Nice Pole  Looks ok to put my runner Beans up
ImageIts that good,if you did you would also have the best  runner Beans barr non  Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage
Big_Gaz
Match Team/ Club: Barnards Green AC

Browning Xitan Z12

Unread post by Big_Gaz »

I agree its a brilliant pole and package, I would go as far as to say the best of the current crop of top of range poles.

But the major issue is dealing with Browning, Germany to get one.

I'm going to get flamed now so I'll get the extinguisher ready....

Browning have been caught out big time and demand has outstripped supply. But Browning being Browning they have kept there customers dangling with promise after promise for delivery of the pole, but still no pole turns up.

I personally ordered a Z12 several weeks ago, when I was tipped off by the rep that numbers were low and no new delivery was expected to mid April at the earliest.

I was told they were available still as they had about 12 left and if ordered they would ship in a couple of days from order. I ordered the pole on the Sunday via the rep and the paperwork was processed on the Monday morning. However the pole didn't turn up that week.

When it didn't arrive I was told it was going through customs. The pole was not in stoic but coming from the manufacturer to Germany.... hardly arrival to ship.

On the date I was given for the poles to clear customs I heard nothing to say the pole was not going to be shipped or there were more problems...

I was still expecting my shiny new Z12 to be delivered that week. So I sold my pole.

It took Browning until Wednesday late evening to advise its customers the pole would be delayed yet again.

Great, I now have no pole to fish with this weekend and no pole being delivered before the weekend!

On the same Monday I was expecting the pole to clear customs I ordered a number of 3 and 4 sections from stock (confirmed)... again Iw as told they would be with me Wednesday or Thursday.... they didn't turn up.

The hold up at the moment are the top kits. Without them Browning will not release the poles. The kits i'm being told are going to clear customs this Monday and the last few pole before mid April will be despatched sometime next week.

This is only the short potted version of the false promises Browning has made to it's customers. I'm only one of many customers waiting for there Z12's.

To be fair to Browning UK and their reps, they have been very up front and proactive. Taking my calls out of hours and notifying me of the issues.

I just feel totally let down my Browning Germany. So much so I called it a day and cancelled my total order - the pole, extra top kits and 3's and 4's.

Its a great pole, but if you can't get them or the spares for them, its worth nothing. Its a shame as I thought Browning were turning the corner from being the poor provider of service of old.

Hopefully this is just a teething problem and they get there act together, as I believe this to me a very good pole.

But anyone expecting to buy a Z12 before mid April and can't find one already on a dealers shelf will be unlucky.

Now waiting to be slaughtered.....
Golden_balls

Browning Xitan Z12

Had carp up to 12lb so far Simon
Paul_Murrin
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Browning Xitan Z12

agree its a brilliant pole and package, I would go as far as to say the best of the current crop of top of range poles.

But the major issue is dealing with Browning, Germany to get one.

I'm going to get flamed now so I'll get the extinguisher ready....

Browning have been caught out big time and demand has outstripped supply. But Browning being Browning they have kept there customers dangling with promise after promise for delivery of the pole, but still no pole turns up.

I personally ordered a Z12 several weeks ago, when I was tipped off by the rep that numbers were low and no new delivery was expected to mid April at the earliest.

I was told they were available still as they had about 12 left and if ordered they would ship in a couple of days from order. I ordered the pole on the Sunday via the rep and the paperwork was processed on the Monday morning. However the pole didn't turn up that week.

When it didn't arrive I was told it was going through customs. The pole was not in stoic but coming from the manufacturer to Germany.... hardly arrival to ship.

On the date I was given for the poles to clear customs I heard nothing to say the pole was not going to be shipped or there were more problems...

I was still expecting my shiny new Z12 to be delivered that week. So I sold my pole.

It took Browning until Wednesday late evening to advise its customers the pole would be delayed yet again.

Great, I now have no pole to fish with this weekend and no pole being delivered before the weekend!

On the same Monday I was expecting the pole to clear customs I ordered a number of 3 and 4 sections from stock (confirmed)... again Iw as told they would be with me Wednesday or Thursday.... they didn't turn up.

The hold up at the moment are the top kits. Without them Browning will not release the poles. The kits i'm being told are going to clear customs this Monday and the last few pole before mid April will be despatched sometime next week.

This is only the short potted version of the false promises Browning has made to it's customers. I'm only one of many customers waiting for there Z12's.

To be fair to Browning UK and their reps, they have been very up front and proactive. Taking my calls out of hours and notifying me of the issues.

I just feel totally let down my Browning Germany. So much so I called it a day and cancelled my total order - the pole, extra top kits and 3's and 4's.

Its a great pole, but if you can't get them or the spares for them, its worth nothing. Its a shame as I thought Browning were turning the corner from being the poor provider of service of old.

Hopefully this is just a teething problem and they get there act together, as I believe this to me a very good pole.

But anyone expecting to buy a Z12 before mid April and can't find one already on a dealers shelf will be unlucky.

Now waiting to be slaughtered.....

Big Gaz,
I am not replying to your piece to Slaughter you .
Having carefully read through your post I can only say that I am very, very, Saddened that you have chosen to Cancel your order due to as you point out the issues that you have come up against with Browning Germany,   
having taken all the plus points that  you have put across it seems very apparent that Browning still manufacture quality angling products,
and lots of people involved  in trying to re promote the Browning Brand in the U.K have gone out of there way,  as you  kindly say in trying  to help you. 
I can only speak as I find, and may be a little biased as a current Browning Lifestyle Team Member I can, hand on heart, say that every order that as been applied for has been dispatched within a very good time scale, and orders that were out of stock were put on back order and also turned around in a reasonable time frame.
I am not a Browning Sales rep, but I am a representative trying to help Re-promote the Browning brand and I would also be very upset if we  were  getting  mixed messages back from Europe and can truthfully say this has not been the case.
I would love to see more of the Browning Rods Poles Reels etc ,etc, in 
all our local tackle shops, and given the chance they deserve, along side the other brands,
and hopefully with time this will happen . And again as you say I also would like to think that  Browning can and WILL turn the corner.
We are all the same nowadays with the internet and Digital age when we want something we want it NOW....
which is a shame ,... If we believe a product to be of exceptional Quality and really , really wanted it I for one would be prepared to Wait for it and nothing but no one would change my mind ....
  but fully respect your decision , and hope you are happy with your final choice
Regards
Paul Murrin.
( Browning Team Lifestyle )

macca
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Personal Text: TRUE BLUE
Match Team/ Club: shakespeare superteam
Sponsor: four ashes

Browning Xitan Z12

Unread post by macca »

good replie paul. Image
Big_Gaz

Browning Xitan Z12

Unread post by Big_Gaz »

Hi Paul,

I agree I would like to see more Browning product in the shops and I can only applaud the way the reps tried there best to keep me in the loop.

Delays are part of life when it comes to any new product were demand out strips supply.

The major gripe I have is the way Browning Germany didn't keep me or many others informed of the delays until they had to and not when they knew.

After several delays I was told the pole was going to be released on the Monday for sure and it took Browning Germany till I think it was 7pm on the Wednesday night they pole would not be here the following day.

I had a buyer for my previous pole who was getting yellow stream at the delays also. as I hadn't heard anything about the latest delay I let the pole go Tuesday afternoon.

That's the key problem. If Browning had been upfront, I could have delayed the sale of my pole. Maybe I'm too trusting and should have waited before I hand the pole in my hand before selling my own.

Yes we all live in a must have it now world and yes I guess I too like to have something when I order it. To my knowledge the poles finally hit the shop yesterday and today.

Browning put me in a very difficult position and I may have made a knee jerk reaction. I still rate the pole and the UK reps, but don't trust Browning Germany.

On the Monday I also ordered some extra sections which I was advised were in stock, these too didn't turn up in the time frame specified.

So you can see hopefully that the experience wasn't great.

The bottom line is if Browning had advised everyone of the delays in a timely manner then there wouldn't have been a problem. I don't mind waiting for a product within reason and as long as I'm informed. Keeping quite when there's a problem is not an option.

I understand the pole has been a great success with more team 80 units sold since Christmas.

Regards

Garry
Paul_Murrin
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Browning Xitan Z12

Hi Garry,
  This as been a fairly constructive, thread and I am pleased this hasn't got into a slanging match, that has gone on, on other angling forums  with an us and them mentality.
  I feel its time now for the Pole and tackle ,
to do the talking and again become a Want-able brand,.
  Again I can only hope  that your experience, will hopefully spring Browning Germany into some pro-active customer action.
I also applaud Browning U.K and Browning Reps for giving you and others continued support.
Thanx
Paul M.

Big_Gaz

Browning Xitan Z12

Unread post by Big_Gaz »

I agree fully, it can be all too easy these days and in the heat of the moment flame a brand or item of tackle, then end up going round in circles.

This was my experience and who's to say Browning won't take the whole Z12 delivery problems and feedback on board and put solutions in place for the future. Time will tell.

Personally i'm going to let all the dust settle and look again in the summer. If its still the best pole out there and I've heard no more horror stories, then I might think again.
hutchy551

Browning Xitan Z12

Unread post by hutchy551 »

Hi Big Gaz, looking at getting the z12, know i will have to wait a while, but that doesnt bother me. Can you tell me what the RRP is on the z12 cos my insurance company are making me buy at the high rrp !! Just lost a garbo 995, garbo g force power, and my prized daiwa 410 and 210 !!!! I fish with a few of the lads from Browning wickford and the poles and clothing look and feel tops, but im just a liitle concerned as to why most tackle shops dont stock Browning, and even searching the net for the water x clothing range throws up only 1 shop. Cheers...
Golden_balls

Browning Xitan Z12

Hi pools fodder, try this link to help find your nearest stockist.

http://www.zebco-europe.biz/en/store-locator.html

hope this helps