If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

anyone remember?

For TK's trip down Memory Lane.

Moderator: TK

trypewriter
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

anyone remember?

Unread post by trypewriter »

Does anyone remember those far off days when continental groundbaits were very new to these shores?
I seem to remember a Sensas groundbait that was dark red and very sticky - I think it was pre-mixed. But the other thing was those Sensas Hemp Bricks. Big old things, scored so you could break them into four pieces, each about the size of a house brick (but a bit thinner) and bung 'em in 'as was'. Obviously they did go in like a brick, but they broke down pretty quickly and they didn't half work for drawing roach into your swim.
macca
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Personal Text: TRUE BLUE
Match Team/ Club: shakespeare superteam
Sponsor: four ashes

anyone remember?

Unread post by macca »

sensas z72 was dark red. it came with a small additive bottle.
trypewriter
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

anyone remember?

Unread post by trypewriter »

No, it wasn't Z72 - they also did a yellow version of that one though.
chavey
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

anyone remember?

Unread post by chavey »

'Alga rouge' was the one that was pre mixed. I used to like Record 515 in that era
grover
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

anyone remember?

Unread post by grover »

remember em both specially the blocks.
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

anyone remember?

Unread post by bill yards »

Must admit I can't remember the hemp blocks but it might have been at a time when work 'took over'. Image
Arch
Forum Ornament
Forum Ornament

anyone remember?

Unread post by Arch »

Must admit I can't remember the hemp blocks but it might have been at a time when work 'took over'. Image

..........Or perhaps your just not old enough to remember ?? ;)

Picardi was another one, came in a paper wrapper.
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

anyone remember?

Unread post by TK »

Picardi was another one, came in a paper wrapper

Still got a couple of unopened packets Arch - dunno whether its any good now (feels a bit solid)

Just waiting for a 'solid' gobie venue ;)
milo_rubix

anyone remember?

Unread post by milo_rubix »

Those housebricks were called 'Painkebul' or similar only place I ever saw them was at Doncaster in a fishtank being demonstrated at the tackleshow must have been the mid 80's
TK
Site Admin
Site Admin

anyone remember?

Unread post by TK »

Cant remember the housebricks but remember using a red sensas g/b (for the first and last time) back in the early 80s' on the Massey Ferguson cut for MEB championship match

It wasn't pre mixed and after the match I looked like an extra from the Texas Chain Saw Massacre Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

anyone remember?

Unread post by joffmiester »

Picardi was another one, came in a paper wrapper

Still got a couple of unopened packets Arch - dunno whether its any good now (feels a bit solid)

Just waiting for a 'solid' gobie venue  ;)
picardi brick ::) now there's a idea Image
joffmiester
Forum Spammer
Forum Spammer
Personal Text: if i drank carlsberg i
would probably be good
Match Team/ Club: SENSAS
Sponsor: SENSAS VAN JOFF FLOATS

anyone remember?

Unread post by joffmiester »

Those housebricks were called 'Painkebul' or similar only place I ever saw them was at Doncaster in a fishtank being demonstrated at the tackleshow must have been the mid 80's

we did throw the hemp bricks in when they were first introduced we got some funny looks when we did :D :D they used to bubble away all match and perhaps all week Image Image
milo_rubix

anyone remember?

I seem to recall they were hollowed out to some extent so you could put in some loose feed and bung up the end. They did fizz a bit just like Alka Seltzer !
bill yards
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony

anyone remember?

Unread post by bill yards »

Before any continental gb we had a paper bagged groundbail called "Silver Cloud". It wasn't too bad if I remember right and had a pleasant pong to it.

Before that they made one in a small cloth type bag and the instructions were to tie string around it and give it a good soaking in the cut before mixing it, - it resembled concrete and I am sure you could have built a house with it. They then produced a yellow version, that was vile.

Most anglers used plain and simple brown crumb, finely riddled and you added your own bits and bobs of smelly stuff. You could also buy sausage rusk which was widely used for bread punch and bread paste fishing; some still use it today.

One of the first additives widely used was aniseed but you had to make sure it was well hidden as it was particularly attractive to a back leg of any species of dog that was passing. Image
milo_rubix

anyone remember?

I think it was Kevin Ashurst who once said "there are only two types of groundbaits lad, brown and white....."