If you are signing up to the forums, Thank you. You will need to activate your account by clicking a link in an email from the forums.
Please make sure you check your Junk/Spam folder for the email and make sure you spell your email address correctly or you won't get the email.
Thanks again. Dismiss this with the [X] >>>>>>

Grueller match 8 results

Post your Cashmores Results and Match Reports here.

Moderators: MrV, kod

Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by Woodhouse »

With the Trent over its banks it was always going to be nip and tuck whether the match was going to take place on the inlet/outlet.

MrV was the man to make the decision and after seeing that some pegs were under water he had no alternative but to move us to the KP.That was not the first shock of the day...that was when DOF was first in the queue to get in after arriving 15 minutes early Image

With 20 grueller candidates in line I drew peg 19 and with Drynet on peg 18 it seemed only right to throw out a mars bar challenge, DOF was also offered the challenge but declined the offer on the grounds that he dont like chocolate.

After losing a 4oz roach 1st put in at 3m then having one 2nd chuck i was rubbing my hands at the prospect of catching roach all day and setting a new grueller record for the KP with 30lb of quality roach......The roach obviously had not read the same bloody script as me and were soon replaced by gudgeonImage

MrV on peg 2 was starting to show why is the man in form on the venue, straight from the off he was giving DOF (The new name for TK) neck ache with a prosession of roach and skimmers falling to caster at 4 metres.

The match was well on its way to becoming a one horse race with only DOF (peg 3) and heinzer (peg 1) putting up any sort of resistance, that was until Geoff on peg 10 landed a carp over "5lb".

At the scales KOD was into an early lead with 5 little chublets for 2-7-7 and this only overtaken when Tigerbay put his cheese paste caught chublets on for 2-9-9, It came as a bit of a shock when Larry "the lieing brummie" Taypot put on his 10 tiny,miniscule,minute gobies on the scales and took the lead with 5-12-0 of roach and 1 skimmer! Image this was short lived as Geoff placed Simple's Mirror on the scales and it went 12-9-0, added to his roach this was to give him a healthy lead totaling 16-1-0.

There was no one else to touch him until we came to MrV who then placed a new grueller record for the KP by putting 21-8-0 on the scales, after geting bored with catching roach and skimmers he had gone across for the last 4 chucks and put 4 chub inthe onion sack

section 1
peg1. Heinzer 8-14-10
2. MrV 21-8-0  section winner
3. DOF 7-14-14
4. Veste 1-14-10
5. Shark  D-N-W

Section 2
6. Ball it in Baker 0-3-14
7. Yamo 3-3-9-
8. Rich C  1-2-7
9. Zorro 1-6-6
10. Geoff 16-1-0 (carp of 12-9-0, its growed a bit since Simple caught it last year)Section winner

Section 3
11. Larry Taypot 5-12-0 Section winner
12.Welder D-N-W
13. Ha Ha 1-11-0
14.Tigerbay 2-9-9
15. Phil B 1-2-0

Section 4
16. Cotti 0-13-8
17. Wedge 0-10-6
18. Drynet 0-5-10
19. Ratbag 1-12-10
20. KOD 2-7-7 Section Winner

Thanks for having me lads and i hope to see you all again shortly. Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin
Personal Text: flapjack nom nom

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by Simple »

Good report Chocman Image
It seems the straight did not fish too well then :(
I had a phonecall telling me that my carp had been caught and is doing well, must have had too much xmas pudding :D
Well Done My V again. another cracking weight Image
Is there no stopping you :)
Looking forward to getting the pictures. Shame I couldn't have made it, I would have won my Cabury's caramel easy peasy Image

Well done everyone Image
MrV
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: Still waiting on an end peg!!
Match Team/ Club: Cashmores MG
Sponsor: NHS

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by MrV »

Great report Lee.  Image
I was a little apprehensive when I drew peg 2, as I have never fished to KP with that much colour or water on before, so I wasnt quite sure how to attack it.  Image
Decided to just set up 2 rigs. A 3.6lb straight through to a 16 for the brambles, and a fairly light rig for "Roaching" down the track.
Mixed up a bit of G/B with some smell (Match Blend black and Magic mixed 50/50) Thought with the colour, a bit of scent might help draw fish and hold them. Cupped in 3 cricket ball sized down track at start absolutely loaded with squatt and hemp. Never had to put anymore in through match, just loose fed caster and hemp over top. It fizzed on and off all day  :D
It actually started to die about half hour from end, so when DOF -I love that  Image went for a walk with his camera, I had a push over to the Brambles. 5 puts over resulted in 4 chub and a bream  Image
I always enjoy catching fish, but even so, the banter with DOF and Heinzer was entertaining. I looked at DOFs  float once, and thought the Power station had put a lighthouse on the KP. His excuse was a shot had fallen off - it must have been a SSG  Image
Heinzer did really well to stick at it, as he hadnt had a bite after 90 minutes, and I think many others would have given up the ghost and gone walkies. Well done Mr Meredith.  Image
Well done to Geoff too for netting the Cashmores carp.  Image
MarkV
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by MarkV »

Thought it a very interesting venue as I hadnt seen it before.

Like the idea of the sections.

I was up a few trees again and wrecked MORE rigs. Down to the bones and scratching around for one, I spied one of those milano cheapies, bought off ebay when im bored on here. Obviously used it before as it had a decent , but massive hook on.  Put on some of my SB, cheepaste, made up last night and it slide away...couldnt believe it lol.

Really enjoyed it, lots of bites but missed most of em. Gudgeon I think.
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by Simple »

DOF has been on the trumpet. Pictures will be on tomorrow sometime when he gets out of his pit.
Good report Paul and good info Image
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by Drynet »

Great reports Lee, Paul & Mark Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by Simple »

I hope theres a picture of the mars bars been exchanged :D
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by Dave C »

Well done guys especially Mr V. Image

Looks like a good result given the conditions lately.
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by Simple »

Hey Mouse my informant tells me that the water was a tad warm for your Joker, they were last seen escaping by crawling up the far bank in search of cooler conditions  Image :D
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by Drynet »

I hope theres a picture of the mars bars been exchanged   :D
No mate im in debt Image
Woodhouse
HanKat Crony
HanKat Crony
Match Team/ Club: Maver Tipton VDE

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by Woodhouse »

He tried for fob me off with the money.....

I aint standing for that, He owes me a Mars bar!

Dont worry Drynet you not the only one.......if you have the Anglers mail you'll see your in good company over the next couple of weeks Image
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by Drynet »

He tried for fob me off with the money.....

I aint standing for that, He owes me a Mars bar!

Dont worry Drynet you not the only one.......if you have the Anglers mail you'll see your in good company over the next couple of weeks Image

You'll be able to make your own selection boxes :D :D
Dave C
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Match Team/ Club: Marsh AC

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by Dave C »

you must have loads in your box Lee

At least Ill know where to come if i have a hypoglycemia attack while fishing with you. :)
MarkV
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by MarkV »

I'm thinking of stocking up with a multipack :D

Might save me a few pennies.
MarkV
Forum Stalker
Forum Stalker

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by MarkV »

They were the warmest fish i've ever handled. Like little hand warmers, cept you dont need em in weather like today.

You could soak your tootsies in water like that with snow on the ground.
me
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust
Personal Text: ENGLISH AND PROUD

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by me »

ratty still owes about 20 bars of various choccys to various people Last year s Md's indi match he was throwing bet around every were then when push came to shove and he had to fish the match he bottled it and even after loads of persuasion he still wouldn't pay up by default
Image Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by Simple »

Word is that TK forgot his camera but had a pad and pencil instead  and managed to sketch these quickly  Image

image deleted

image deleted]

Real pics will be uploaded when I get them all off Tony. Only got a few atm, he is down the boozer again  Image
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by Simple »

There's still more pictures to come so TK tells me but here are what I have so far...

Link to Album

Link to Slideshow

Also you can sign up to the gallery and post comment on each picture now. You can register top right on the home page.
Your email address will remain anonymous to everyone except the admin.
Drynet
Gathering Dust
Gathering Dust

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by Drynet »

Word is that TK forgot his camera but had a pad and pencil instead  and managed to sketch these quickly  Image

Real pics will be uploaded when I get them all off Tony. Only got a few atm, he is down the boozer again  Image

How long has TK had predator vision :D :D
Simple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Grueller match 8 results

Unread post by Simple »

Ages, shame it does not work underwater Image